The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Well done to Bullen and the team today. What I don’t understand though is why he didn’t start with that lineup last week? 
Tbf as much experience as he has in the game he's still learing to be a head coach/manager he was likely going with if it ain't broke why fix it glad he's pulled the trigger in the Tomi and Sam partnership now.

Wishing I'd bought the stream to watch this now. Fantastic result! :)

Good to see that it looks like Bullen learned lessons from last week and went for a more positive lineup.

Great to see Adeloye start and get a goal, hopefully the start of a good partnership between him and Ashford.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
17 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:
Well done to Bullen and the team today. What I don’t understand though is why he didn’t start with that lineup last week? 

Tbf as much experience as he has in the game he's still learing to be a head coach/manager he was likely going with if it ain't broke why fix it glad he's pulled the trigger in the Tomi and Sam partnership now.

Where does Dempsey fit into the team now? I suspect on Friday if fit he comes back in and one of the top 2 drop out.

That was really excellent stuff today. Raith were very poor but I don't think that should take away from the amount of effort and desire we had. Really put them under pressure and it paid off instantly. Thought adeloye and Ashford were excellent and the boys in the middle were superb. Great response after last week's disappointment.

Edited by AuAl

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We really need to be doing everything we can do get Kerr McInroy signed up for next season. What a player. Is Ashford signed up? 

I think Ashford is here until the end of next season.

11 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Where does Dempsey fit into the team now? I suspect on Friday if fit he comes back in and one of the top 2 drop out.

I’ve been banging on for weeks about tailoring the team for the opposition. I wouldn’t be playing two up top against Kilmarnock, we need the energy of Dempsey in there. Ashford wide right IMO.  Two up front can return again, and will hopefully enable us to win the games we have struggled in at home.

I'm pleased to see us changing to 442 today. It also shows that Bullen isn't as inflexible as the two previous managers.

A pretty complete performance which I thoroughly enjoyed. Glad we got a clean sheet as well. I thought some of the play between Adeloye, Ashford & Maxwell was phenomenal. I'm hoping we start to setup a bit more like that more often. We need to take the shackles off. We have enough attacking talent to cause any team in this league problems.

Also, Tomi needs to start games, today put that beyond any doubt. Hopefully the experiment of benching him is over. Ashford's goal was very well taken I thought the angle was too tight and he somehow tucked it in and the ball was comfortably nestling in the sidenetting. A great finish.

The league is still tight but I'm confident we can get out of this mess. It was the perfect antidote to last weeks result. Roll on the DKBs.

Very very very very strange to see a manager get it wrong and actually address the problem. Also also very good when the fans yell "play four four fucking two" and the manager does it and it works.

We're three points above what we finished with last season. Still games to play and win [emoji16] 
Catching Raith isn't impossible [emoji106]
We could easily finish 5th but I'd still take 8th right now, really think Bullen, Mathie and Smith have a plan that might see us actually in the Premier league for the first time in my life in the next few seasons, but we need to make sure we don't slip up and go down.