The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

I'm not saying McGinty is any where near the class of Rose, Adams etc that we have had in recent years but has he really been that bad? yeah he's made some mistakes and even said himself yesterday he's not been consistent enough but any mistake a CB makes has more chance of resulting In a goal, I think because Morton fans love to come on here and go on about how bad he was for them and stir the shit every thing he does gets magnified, at the moment he's one of the first names on the team sheet and Bullen trusts him as his captain so if that's good enough for Bullen it's good enough for me.

Our recent managerial experiences involve Hopkin , Duffy , Kerr and we also have McGintys overall form this season to consider. Surely it must be difficult to throw full backing over this one without some area of doubt 

19 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

anyone say this game is massive today? just had a look at the table and morton have arbroath and the pars killie. could be 12 ahead of qos and 9 ahead of the pars with them having a game in hand. A loss puts us right back in the shit.

prayer GIF

Morton will win today, important to keep pace with them. 

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

A loss puts us right back in the shit.

Behave yourselves ... its Queens and the Pars that are in the "shit" and our lot more so than the Pars given their squad.  Morton have found the magic touch under Imrie and are fairly safe now - would need a spectacular implosion (even for Morton) for them to rejoin the dross.  Ayr's new form under Bullen should see you no lower than 8th.  Queens remaining hope is possibly 9th and the playoffs.

As they say ... its the hope that kills ...

4-4-2 for me, if that is the case... limits McInroy and Dempsey but far better than Muirhead back in there. Ashford can play in behind Tomi. 

McAdams

Rowe
Muirhead
McGinty
Reading

McKenzie
Dempsey
McInroy
Maxwell

Adeloye
Ashford

10 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Anyone else had problems with a match day ticket? I’ve received my credit card confirmation but no ticket. Both normally come out at the same time🤔

Pm , your name and I will get it sent to you , there has been a very few , it’s an issue with some banks through worldpay not passing the payment through 

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I think a number on here are under estimating the club and Bullen frankly. They would have been fully aware of this clause. It would also have been a consideration in their planning both short term and mid term. Not least because it's more of next seasons wage budget committed.

The calculus from Bullen is that short term playing McGinty gives us the best chance of staying up and triggering the extension is a price worth paying. I don't agree with that but I can understand the premise of that position.

A decision was taken to play McGinty and you can be certain given how detailed orientated Bullen, Mathie et al are that the contract extension would have been considered. It would certainly not have been an after thought as has been suggested. I'd be pretty concerned if that were the case.

Yes, it could well be the case that Bullen thinks that McGinty reduces the likelihood of relegation and therefore the financial impact of that. So the 40k or whatever it costs to have McGinty for another season could be a price worth paying. That doesn't necessarily mean he would have kept McGinty in other circumstances.

Does anyone have an estimate of the financial impact to a full-time championship club of relegation to league 1?

Also, one question for people who attended the Hub event - did anyone ask Bullen whether he was likely to play two up front and accommodate Adeloye and Ashford in the same team? Or is he set on making the 4-5-1 work?

52 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Behave yourselves ... its Queens and the Pars that are in the "shit" and our lot more so than the Pars given their squad.  Morton have found the magic touch under Imrie and are fairly safe now - would need a spectacular implosion (even for Morton) for them to rejoin the dross.  Ayr's new form under Bullen should see you no lower than 8th.  Queens remaining hope is possibly 9th and the playoffs.

Have Morton played everyone else yet under Imrie? Whilst he has worked wonders the remaining games might be tougher with teams having worked his tactics out. Top or bottom of this league a couple of wins changes things so nobody home and dry yet 

57 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

We ain't out of it yet, if any of the three of us were capable of stringing more than two wins together we wouldn't be where we are. Yes we have improved but anyone that thinks we're safe yet needs to give themselves a wobble.

A win for you lot today would be the least surprising result of the season.

14 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

A win for you lot today would be the least surprising result of the season.

Nah, I'm Confident of a result for Ayr today. Ayr are in form and Q.o.s have Willie Gibson as Manager. My Heart tells me that Ayr can't and won't lose to a team led by Willie Gibson.

Nah, I'm Confident of a result for Ayr today. Ayr are in form and Q.o.s have Willie Gibson as Manager. My Heart tells me that Ayr can't and won't lose to a team led by Willie Gibson.

Well that’s us fucked today.