The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

33 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I really enjoyed last night and thought that Bully came across brilliantly. He's very articulate, interesting, charismatic and seems to have just the right blend of humour and seriousness to gain respect but also be a good guy.

The bit when he talked about some of our players personalities was very interesting and how some take the negatives really to heart, I also thought his comments on on our tactics and pressing higher and expressing individuality were spot on from what most of here believe.

I was also very interested in the fact that he and Davie White / Tommy Tait are working really closely and that we are going to have all levels of our teams playing the same style so that progressing from youth team to first team is seamless and everyone knows the role in question.

He also mentioned that they're already looking at tying up players on extended contracts and that a plan is definitely in place.

For those that weren't there last night, in a nutshell I'd say we've got a top man leading the team and a team of top guys in the background, we have a game plan for both the present and the future and we've become a very professional outfit from top to bottom.

I'd say the future is as bright as I can ever remember being an Ayr fan.....

Was he talking about players personalities in terms of how best to manage them?

Good to hear Bullen say they'll sit down with Dempsey next week to discuss a deal for next season. I'm assuming the youngsters offered new deals already will be Ecrepont, Hewitt and Smith unless it's including players out on loan.

In terms of McGinty he seems a well liked and respected player in the dressing room and the leader and communicator we lacked last season who has formed a decent partnership in recent weeks with Muirhead. I wouldn't have been upset if he'd been offered a new contract on reduced terms and kept as backup although that hasn't happened.

However given Bullen's comments about balance I'm sure a LCB will be brought in to challenge him in the summer as none of the CB's are exactly comfortable playing out from the back, if that's the way Bullen wants to play.

18 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

More or less. Said it's wrong to say every player should be treated the same as he could shout at Muirhead for 90 mins and it wouldn't bother him whereas for example Houston and Adeloye need more encouragement and as he's a confidence player Adeloye needs an arm round the shoulder.

Bullen will obviously have known about it. If he didn’t want him for next season he either wouldn’t have played him or they’d have paid him off and brought someone in. Given his comments about right footed and left footed defenders I think he’ll bring another lefty in to challenge/provide cover and have Muirhead and Baird as the right sided ones.

Did I want him for next season? Nope, but he was always going to play every game until the summer and was most likely going to be offered an extension past that point. My worry is that he regresses back to his previous form any game now.

I can’t deny Mcginty has had 2 decent games, but he’s been a liability for most of his time at Ayr and was likewise at Partick and Morton.  No way would I have chosen to retain him for next season.  One more boot in the stones from a clown who should be banned from football management for life.

4 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

He's definitely improved since playing with Muirhead, he must know that this is his last chance at a decent full time club maybe Bullen is the one to coach the stupid mistakes of him let's hope he dies not return to type nos he's secure for the next year.

Didn't even wait to see what league we'll be in next season, he's obviously triggered it as soon as he could. And with his reputed wage you can't really blame him.

1 hour ago, Ayr23 said:

I wonder if Bullen knew about this? emoji23.png

Obviously did , speaks highly of him , If Bullen thinks he is right for the team now he has the right partner beside him and a midfield in front of him then that will do for me 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Yes, as Gary said above, it was all about one way doesn't fit all and that way of thinking is "bollocks" (I think that was his direct quote) and as also mentioned he said that some guys didn't mind a rollicking but others were pretty sensitive and reacted much better to an arm around them and constant encouragement.

As I say, everything he said was 100% what I think most of us would agree with and hope for and he also seemed 100% sincere about it all.

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Obviously did , speaks highly of him , If Bullen thinks he is right for the team now he has the right partner beside him and a midfield in front of him then that will do for me 

What was also interesting last night was that he actually said that McGinty himself knew he'd been poor and actually thought he deserved to be dropped ahead of Baird.

It takes a big man and a big character to admit something like that.