The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Maybe reading too much into this, but possibly in preparation for the imminent demolition of the Ally MacLeod Hospitality suite so there is still a tribute? Either way, brilliant gesture from the club with this 👏

34 minutes ago, diege said:

Maybe reading too much into this, but possibly in preparation for the imminent demolition of the Ally MacLeod Hospitality suite so there is still a tribute? Either way, brilliant gesture from the club with this 👏

I'm not against that, the existing hospitality suite really is an aberration and a carbuncle.

I would think it obvious that Smiths next plan is to build a stand where the north terrace is but to do that you have to get rid of the hospitality suite that is currently standing. I wonder whether they’ll incorporate the new hospitality into a new stand rather than having a separate building.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I would think it obvious that Smiths next plan is to build a stand where the north terrace is but to do that you have to get rid of the hospitality suite that is currently standing. I wonder whether they’ll incorporate the new hospitality into a new stand rather than having a separate building.

A new stand over there with a roof and hospitality incorporated inside would make the auld place look tremendous 

16 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

A new stand over there with a roof and hospitality incorporated inside would make the auld place look tremendous 

With a similarity to Morton's "Cowshed" at Cappielow where you have the terracing at the back and a section of seating lower down at pitchshide would be smashing. Best of both worlds

In saying that the young team on the terracing right infront of a hospitality box though might not be quite a good idea lol

Standing on the north terrace on a sunny day is glorious. Although that only happens about twice a season max.

I’d be quite happy to see the place just given a makeover so it looks less prison-y and has steeper, less crumbly terracing.

42 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm not sold on a roof. As one of the spartans who is on the NT come rain, sunshine, hail & snow its not necessary. Appreciate I'll be in the minority though. 🤣

Yes I agree, I'm quite torn on this myself. 

45 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Standing on the north terrace on a sunny day is glorious. Although that only happens about twice a season max.

I’d be quite happy to see the place just given a makeover so it looks less prison-y and has steeper, less crumbly terracing.

Can get on board with that.  Nae roof, nae seats. 

A new modern hospitality suite is important next step. Easier to attract and maintain sponsors and if done right be used for functions throughout the week. A modest amount of seating so long as there is significant space in front for the terracing and maintain the character of the ground. 

the old reid kerr stand roof from love st is still lying in bits beside the cowshed st crappielow, morton are skint with no hope o using it.... could be used on the north bank would cover the home part of the terrace, ayr could get it for scrap money, fans repaint it then contractors rebuild it