The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Tomi's goal had an element of fortune to it no doubt but he was perfectly positioned and unmarked so he deserved to score. ICT's goal was a total fluke so I can't see what there is to complain about by Dodds - put it this way, if you don't score with the genuine chances that come your way at home then you don't deserve to win. Finally, although it was well taken by Big Sean, giving the opposition at home a free header inside your own six yard box and from an in-swinging corner is something that Mr Dodds would be well advised to look at. 

I don't keep up to date with Inverness fans feelings or dodds interviews - but folk love to talk pish and exaggerate something out of nothing.

That game could've easily went the other way. There was very little in it.

It was definitely tight but I would say there was more good fortune with the goal Inverness scored compared to the goal we scored.

I think on the balance of play we deserved to win. Inverness didn’t really do much to trouble us despite being on top in the first half. They really aren’t a very good team.

One aspect which is always a bit annoying, is the discussion around Inverness “missing” chances. They didn’t, we have a fantastic shot stopper as a goalkeeper, and he prevented them scoring. It isn’t some kind of luck!
That's my opinion too. McAdams' job is to make saves and he's doing a really good job.

One aspect which is always a bit annoying, is the discussion around Inverness “missing” chances. They didn’t, we have a fantastic shot stopper as a goalkeeper, and he prevented them scoring. It isn’t some kind of luck!

I really do not see Albinson getting close to a start for us now and he’ll likely be away in the summer.

McAdams is making a very strong case to be our POTY.

Having watched the goals back from Saturday. 
it’s quite ironic that at the first goal, the Inverness defender abandons marking McGinty, races out of position to win the high ball and misses. All hallmarks of Sean McGintys previous defending. Leaving McGinty with a free header. 

Saturday is probably the first game this season that a daft defensive mistake hasn’t cost us a goal. The goal conceded in the Kilmarnock game had 3 so we probably had credit in the bank.

Hopefully the confidence of the last few weeks will make the defensive clusterfucks a bit more rare. 
We were very easily beat all season but there looks to be a bit more about us now. 

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I really do not see Albinson getting close to a start for us now and he’ll likely be away in the summer.

McAdams is making a very strong case to be our POTY.

If McAdams can improve his command of his area a little, and his use of the ball a decent bit then he could get himself a very decent move at some point. Only 22!!

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If McAdams can improve his command of his area a little, and his use of the ball a decent bit then he could get himself a very decent move at some point. Only 22!!

Yes, we've always had excellent keepers and McAdams looks to be the latest one, however he just lacks a little in height and doesn't come off his line as much as I would like, however I still think we're very lucky to have him as we were always going to struggle to get anyone close to Ross Doohan.

Contrary to the Dodds opinion, Tomi’s goal wasn’t really a lucky deflection. He ran into a good area as soon as McKenzie got possession, and his left knee moved towards the ball just in time to nudge it into the net. Why would any striker be embarrassed by doing two things correctly to score a goal. I could see why the ICT scorer might be a bit sheepish about his goal. Total fluke.

Some of Dodd’s comments were fair enough, but naturally a bit biased. He’s under a lot of pressure from ICT fans at the moment. He seems to come away with the same line every game, basically, “we wuz robbed”.  In my totally unbiased opinion (ha ha),  there wasn’t much in it, but I thought we just about deserved it on the 2nd half showing. 

@D’Jaffo

Heard a good wee story on talksport this morning about your username. Neil Warnock was asked about best player he missed out on in his managerial career. Laurent D’Jaffo phoned him years agoabout a striker in the french 2nd division that was going for 100k. Big warnock couldn’t afford the fee for Sheff Utd andturned down the chance of signing the boy. Turns out the striker was Didier Drogba and the rest as they say is history 

2 hours ago, Honest Dunbar Man said:

agree Ross Doohan was a good keeper but we have over the years had some other good keepers, Davie Stewart, Ally MacLean, Hughie Sproat, George Watson, Craig the legend Nelson, Henry Smith, Finbogasson. 

David Castilla, Kevin Cuthbert, Cammy Duncan and even Ludo and Sammy weren't bad at all !!

3 hours ago, Honest Dunbar Man said:

Craig the legend Nelson

I always remember the play-offs with Brechin, who he was playing for at the time, he was in the nets at the Somerset Road end and the Ayr fans were shouting 'NELSON, GEE US A WAVE!' NELSON! NELSON! GEE US A WAVE!'

He walked away, pretending not to acknowledge the crowd, just before he put his hand behind his back for a wee wave to a massive round of applause from the Ayr fans.

I think with maybe the possible exception of Doohan, Kevin Cuthbert or possibly Alan Main, there hasn't been a keeper at Ayr as solid looking as Nelson since. It was Ludovic Roy after Nelson me thinks 🤔. McAdams is definitely getting there though. Brilliant shot stopper.

Edited by Roxanne's man

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

Craig Nelson and David Castilla are probably my favourite keepers, Castilla was a bit exotic because he was French and young, my boss at the time was an ex Liverpool youth player and did scouting for Liverpool I was always telling him to get to Somerset to look at him.

It's always nice to see players going on to bigger and better. He really did look the part too, Castilla, which does sound good for a Liverpool team. He was playing around the time I started going to Somerset with my papa at seven years old (Getting thrown over the turnstile 😂)

Other than Ruddy, the worst keeper I've ever seen at Somerset is John Hillcoat. Honestly, you'd have been better with a watery fart in nets than him. I know he was good in training but in any game I seen him, Awful.

Even John Dodds went on to do okay at Ayrs level. He appeared in nets for Queen of the South as they trashed Ayr 4-0 at Somerset.