The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

30 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Also, the Billy Dodds post match interview was hilarious. I suggest watching that for a giggle.

Aye, an utter fantasist. The second goal was deflected in like it was unlucky. Should a defender not have been marking Tomi? 🤣

Dodds, GIRFUY

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

Folk kicking off FB because the evening with Bullen is season ticket holders only, I'm not a season ticket holder but the over 1000 who gave purchased one deserve to get wee extras like this.

Would imagine the club may be filming it and will make a video with the best bits etc

Sure the planning for a new hospitality venue will be taking into account a venue to hold hundereds of people because lets be honest although the hub is a fantastic place it's not the biggest for holding events. 

sorry lads a wee change of topic, the interview on club website with Michael Lamont in it he mentions my dad Willie Shields who has been doing the commentary of the home games to the hospitals in Ayr and to the blind supporters too who attend home games.  My dad is 91 and has been doing this since 1955 from the studio above the gymnasium at the corner of the railway end. He first went to Somerset Park in 1936 as a 6 year old and you will never find a more loyal Ayr supporter than him. He maybe the oldest supporter still going to the home games. 

We should have a Hall of Fame for people like your dad who’ve made an above and beyond contribution to the club like he has.

3 hours ago, Honest Dunbar Man said:

sorry lads a wee change of topic, the interview on club website with Michael Lamont in it he mentions my dad Willie Shields who has been doing the commentary of the home games to the hospitals in Ayr and to the blind supporters too who attend home games.  My dad is 91 and has been doing this since 1955 from the studio above the gymnasium at the corner of the railway end. He first went to Somerset Park in 1936 as a 6 year old and you will never find a more loyal Ayr supporter than him. He maybe the oldest supporter still going to the home games. 

I didn't realise you were on here. Hope you're well.

Used to be there every week with your dad, Stuart, John and Keith (my dad) before I moved. Infact didn't we travel down to Palmerston a few years ago too?

There's definitely not a more dedicated fan, he'd buys all the papers to get the snippets of news from the sports section about Ayr and bring them in on Saturdays so we had a wee chat on the run-in to the game.

It'd be good to hear him getting an interview on one of the podcasts if he's up for it, some of his stories are brilliant, especially the Cutty Young one.

The Hospital Relay is definitely an unsung hero of Somerset Park that many people do no even know exists. Its a service that Willie and the boys provide for the Hospitals and the visually impaired boys in the stand out of their sheer goodness and dedication to Ayr United FC and not for the recognition.

I have known your dad Keith for about 40 years, I used to go up to the studio from 1970 to 1990 until i moved to work in Edinburgh. I have done a wee stint at the commentary and its not easy.  I am going thru to Ayr this weekend so will be going up to the game with my dad, I will be behind the goals at SRE and on nth Terrace while he will be doing his usual commentary in the studio in the corner at Railway End 

7 hours ago, Hursty said:

On the subject of the Hub - what's it like pre match space wise? I quite fancy a few pints there before QoS game but don't want to end up arriving there and it's full - when is the latest youd think is safe to arrive and still get in?

Hub is very busy from about 2pm , if you want seated at a table I would say be there by 1.45

9 hours ago, Honest Dunbar Man said:

same here i will be coming thru for the weekend at my mum and dad and going to  game so will i be able to get in for a pint before the game at maybe 2.30pm?

You have a chance at that time as a number of fans start going to ground around that time ( weather depended)

Best angle I got on the goal was from the Inverness FC youtube channel. I'm not so sure there's an issue [emoji848] looks more like he's been modest about it. 
Also, the Billy Dodds post match interview was hilarious. I suggest watching that for a giggle.
Aye, an utter fantasist. The second goal was deflected in like it was unlucky. Should a defender not have been marking Tomi? [emoji1787]
Dodds, GIRFUY
Lads there's f**k all wrong with what dodds said in that interview.

Ayr were not the better team in the first half and Inverness were unlucky to be a goal down.

The second ayr goal also had an element of fortune about it. The free kick was shite but mckenzie did well to hammer it into a great area.

Inverness had chances, and failed to take them, and we got our goals at absolutely the right time. We weren't dominating them at all.

39 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

^Billy Dodds found.

In all seriousness, his description of the second goal is a nonsense. It wasn't an unlucky deflection. His defenders were asleep and Tomi was in the right place at the right time. Poor defending for sure, unlucky not so much.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Your absolutely right.

Despite being a 'copy and paste' of what he says after every loss. Even the Inverness fans are tiring of it and are calling for his sacking. 

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Ayr were not the better team in the first half and Inverness were unlucky to be a goal down.

The second ayr goal also had an element of fortune about it. The free kick was shite but mckenzie did well to hammer it into a great area.

Inverness had chances, and failed to take them, and we got our goals at absolutely the right time. We weren't dominating them at all.

We largely dominated them in the second half. First half, not so much. 

Your absolutely right.
Despite being a 'copy and paste' of what he says after every loss. Even the Inverness fans are tiring of it and are calling for his sacking. 
I don't keep up to date with Inverness fans feelings or dodds interviews - but folk love to talk pish and exaggerate something out of nothing.

That game could've easily went the other way. There was very little in it.