The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Can't see Q.o.s getting a bounce at all. They really aren't in a position to attract anyone whilst sitting at the bottom of the championship. Think it's a relegation for them and AJ should accept the blame for that.

I don't think Peter Murphy would go to Q.o.s as he seems quite settled at Annan and they're  more likely to be meeting Q.o.s in league 1 next season.

21 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

an't see Q.o.s getting a bounce at all. They really aren't in a position to attract anyone whilst sitting at the bottom of the championship. Think it's a relegation for them and AJ should accept the blame for that.

I don't think Peter Murphy would go to Q.o.s as he seems quite settled at Annan and they're  more likely to be meeting Q.o.s in league 1 next season.

I’m not so sure Queens goose is cooked just yet . We’ll know more at 4.45pm a week on Saturday. I hope at some point in that game we get to see the Tomi and Sam partnership in action . Bully likes his 451 but as the new players in midfield bed in his option of a 442 become more feasible. 

28 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Can't see Q.o.s getting a bounce at all. They really aren't in a position to attract anyone whilst sitting at the bottom of the championship. Think it's a relegation for them and AJ should accept the blame for that.

100%. This "new Manager bounce" is pretty much voodoo type garbage, basically Queens have the worst squad, one of the smallest squads and are exactly where they should be in terms of league position.

The bottom line remains, that every team is capable of beating every other in any given day but our squad is now unarguably better than Queens, so if we fail to beat them it will be through our own bad play, bad tactics and a failure on our part rather than anything to do with the tactical genius of Wullie Gibson or anyone else.

6 minutes ago, North British said:

I’m not so sure Queens goose is cooked just yet . We’ll know more at 4.45pm a week on Saturday. I hope at some point in that game we get to see the Tomi and Sam partnership in action . Bully likes his 451 but as the new players in midfield bed in his option of a 442 become more feasible. 

I just don’t see McInroy, Murdoch or Dempsey being dropped - as they look to be a fantastic midfield three. Obviously it’s definitely an option if we are chasing a game. 

It would be Ashford off the right in place of McKenzie, trying to get close to Tomi for me. 

17 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

just don’t see McInroy, Murdoch or Dempsey being dropped - as they look to be a fantastic midfield three. Obviously it’s definitely an option if we are chasing a game. 

It would be Ashford off the right in place of McKenzie, trying to get close to Tomi for me. 

I think in an ideal world Murdy would move to the right in a 442 and McKenzie would drop to the bench as striker cover . That would allow us the two strikers up top , who I think would cause havoc in this league . The question would be would a four man midfield offer enough protection to the defence , maybe not at the moment, but in due coarse has to be the plan . 

1 minute ago, North British said:

I think in an ideal world Murdy would move to the right in a 442 and McKenzie would drop to the bench as striker cover . That would allow us the two strikers up top , who I think would cause havoc in this league . The question would be would a four man midfield offer enough protection to the defence , maybe not at the moment, but in due coarse has to be the plan . 

It gives us a different option at the very least. 

I was actually going to say that Murdoch would be wasted wide right, but if he drops in centrally anyway then Rowe could give us the width required on the right hand side.

But yeah, my main concern would be the lack of a deeper player in the central pair, and you would be unlikely to get the best out of either of them. 

I don’t see Bullen abandoning his 4-3-3/4-5-1 anytime soon and that goes for next season as well. I’m quite happy for it to continue provided we’ve got the options in midfield needed to make it work. My concern lies with the two wide players needed to support Adeloye or Ashford. Bullen seemed pleased with Adeloyes contribution on Wednesday so I could see him starting next week but I don’t think that should be at the expense of Ashford.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

I just don’t see McInroy, Murdoch or Dempsey being dropped - as they look to be a fantastic midfield three. Obviously it’s definitely an option if we are chasing a game. 

As good as they’ve been the last 2 games you can’t expect the same 3 midfield players to start every game between now and the end of the season.

Tactically I'm happy with where we are at just now. 

The modern (defensive) 433 allows you to be 451 without the ball and that just makes sense.  

Taking our last two change you are one sub from the 3 striker version without really changing shape. 

However, we will need to get the right kind of wide players for it in the summer as we don't really have them just now.  

6 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Tactically I'm happy with where we are at just now. 

The modern (defensive) 433 allows you to be 451 without the ball and that just makes sense.  

Taking our last two change you are one sub from the 3 striker version without really changing shape. 

However, we will need to get the right kind of wide players for it in the summer as we don't really have them just now.  

I agree - in games against those round about us in the table we need more from the wide players for it to be successful this season though. Whether that’s playing Ashford there, or getting another look at Gondoh/O’Connor. It worked in the second half the other night as Tomi was basically unplayable when he came on. 

8 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

As good as they’ve been the last 2 games you can’t expect the same 3 midfield players to start every game between now and the end of the season.

Why? It’s not like we are going to have numerous midweek games or anything. I’m sure at times it’ll need changed up during games though. Obviously, them remaining fit is the major worry. 

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Why? It’s not like we are going to have numerous midweek games or anything. I’m sure at times it’ll need changed up during games though. Obviously, them remaining fit is the major worry. 

I just can’t see them playing 13 consecutive games all together. You’ve got fitness, suspensions, rests to factor in.

Looking back on Wednesday night (which i'm still fucking buzzing about), Adeloye came on and absolutely battered their defence, was literally bulldozing them out of the way. A man clearly proving his point about commitment and work rate after Bully admitted post match they'd been harsh on Tomi the last couple of weeks.

If we play like the way we did on Wednesday night, especially in the second half we've got nothing to fear, consistency will be a big requirement going forward.

We hadn't won at Killie since 1996 and we went and conquered that so lets go to Inverness now and conquer the winless drought hodoo which must be just about as long up there.

Aye this. Maxwell and McKenzie are good in certain games and maybe Gondoh has the potential to fit into that system a bit better but I’m not convinced that O’Connor is what we need. I couldn’t even tell you what side he is better suited to.

33 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye this. Maxwell and McKenzie are good in certain games and maybe Gondoh has the potential to fit into that system a bit better but I’m not convinced that O’Connor is what we need. I couldn’t even tell you what side he is better suited to.

I think he would be better at 10 instead of out wide 

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Looking back on Wednesday night (which i'm still fucking buzzing about), Adeloye came on and absolutely battered their defence, was literally bulldozing them out of the way. A man clearly proving his point about commitment and work rate after Bully admitted post match they'd been harsh on Tomi the last couple of weeks.

I was at the reserve fame on Thursday night at Stenhousemuir and if you didn't know it, you'd think Tomi was at his wildly inconsistent best. 

Never caused the opposition any problems throughout his time on the pitch. A 6-1 defeat with a strong team for the occasion, probably sums up how we did as a team on the night. 

Keep him on the bench for now. Ashford more than played his part on Wednesday night.