The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Conditions could be the case for lack of subs being introduced on Saturday likely take a little time to adjust as Dunfermline only made the one sub also and they had the wind  on their backs , in previous games he has made minimum 3 substitutes 

I get that when a team is under the cosh and everyone is winning individual battles there is a reluctance to make changes and upset that balance but on Saturday, Dunfermline were there for the taking, we had one up front doing a lot of running but neither Maxwell or McKenzie looked like creating or scoring anything. They were doing a more defensive role but Dunfermline weren’t using the wings, I felt a change of energy and going more direct for the last 20 minutes might have helped.

He made changes to late against Morton, Thistle we were barely in the game in an attacking sense and his first change was a direct swap for right backs.

11 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I get that when a team is under the cosh and everyone is winning individual battles there is a reluctance to make changes and upset that balance but on Saturday, Dunfermline were there for the taking, we had one up front doing a lot of running but neither Maxwell or McKenzie looked like creating or scoring anything. They were doing a more defensive role but Dunfermline weren’t using the wings, I felt a change of energy and going more direct for the last 20 minutes might have helped.

He made changes to late against Morton, Thistle we were barely in the game in an attacking sense and his first change was a direct swap for right backs.

Yeah, all our good play in the second half was coming through our central midfielders. It seemed pretty blatant that McKenzie should have been taken off, for either Tomi (and Ashford moved out right) or Gondoh. To an extent, I understand Houston not being substituted when the game is level but Rowe should have been starting in the first place. 

I think I would go for something like this on Wednesday night, Maxwell will drift inside and that is fine as he can link up with the boys in the middle as well as Rowe on the outside. If the game is tight, then Bullen needs to be brave and bring Tomi on. 

McAdams 

Rowe         Muirhead      Baird       Reading

Murdoch 

Maxwell     Dempsey    McInroy   O’Connor

Ashford 

39 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Surely there using the assistants role as a player coach role, only chance we will have to get a quality player in must be a few out there ready to make that step from the premier league.

Have heard nothing about Nicholl coming , all I have heard is exactly what you are saying 

9 minutes ago, HMIP said:

According to that stats page on Twitter, McAdams completed more passes than McKenzie.  Surely a mistake?

I'd imagine it'll be spot on, other than pressing McKenzie doesn't bring much to the table. 

He had 16 pass attempts with 7 completions. 

McAdams had 19 attempts with 10 completions. 

Edited by itzdrk

14 hours ago, rb123! said:

Usually the kiss of death getting that award

That'll be why Dick Campbell has two of them this season, while Ayr's three gormless, chump managers (and counting) have won f**k all between them.

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

Edited by vikingTON