The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

47 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It's funny, Ayr fans refer to a loan as a loan and Killie fans lose the heid. Killie fans refer to a grant as a handout or a gift and Ayr fans don't bat an eyelid.

The Super obviously continue to live rent free in the empty heads of these DKBs.

Rent free, says the chap who continues to bite.

13 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Never mind the infantile tit for tat bollox, just get some tickets bought for Weds night to create an atmosphere at the derby.

Both clubs lobbied to have it played in front of fans hence the rearranged date after restrictions lifted - I don’t think they meant 95% home fans!

We created the atmosphere at firhill on Tuesday with 280 odd fans

52 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Never mind the infantile tit for tat bollox, just get some tickets bought for Weds night to create an atmosphere at the derby.

Both clubs lobbied to have it played in front of fans hence the rearranged date after restrictions lifted - I don’t think they meant 95% home fans!

100% this.

We are a bigger and better supported club than Ayr. FACT, but I accept it doesn’t look clever when we have to come on here and boast about it.

However, there’s a massive derby coming up which will mean so much for bragging rights as well as getting important points on the table for both clubs.

It seems, from current ticket sales, that Ayr fans aren’t interested for some reason.

I don’t get the argument that if you don’t pay for a ticket we’ll go bust….that’s just plain stupid.

The best way surely would be to go along and try to help your team take points off us, as that would hurt us more than a few misguided fans withholding their dosh.

That said, you’re going to get humped anyway.

Edited by Hawkeye the Gnu

Glad to see a couple of sensible posts starting to appear on here, the last 12 hours has left neither side looking good. Both clubs are what they are, suffer from a similar set of issues and have ultimately ended up in the same league together. Hopefully we take a decent support up there midweek and hopefully in return we get a decent support for the Friday game. Get Saturday out of the way and the focus will be the derby. 

Edited by Hawk89

More tickets will be sold. There's still a game on Saturday first. The group I go with haven't bought ours yet, but will do soon. I'm pretty sure others will be the same. Calm doon and piss off with the billy big baws, crowd wanking shite. 

Can we please just talk about Ayr United things on here and leave the annoying constant obsessed posting to the Killie v Ayr thread.

Do we think theres any chance of us dropping Muirhead from the midfield on Saturday and beyond? Surely with McInroy and Dempsey coming in we can switch it up. If Muirhead plays at the back that's fine, it doesn't make much difference to me who is at CB. Could be potential with Murdoch sitting behind the two new guys, a lot more balanced and attacking creativity. 

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

More tickets will be sold. There's still a game on Saturday first. The group I go with haven't bought ours yet, but will do soon. I'm pretty sure others will be the same. Calm doon and piss off with the billy big baws, crowd wanking shite. 

Can we please just talk about Ayr United things on here and leave the annoying constant obsessed posting to the Killie v Ayr thread.

Do we think theres any chance of us dropping Muirhead from the midfield on Saturday and beyond? Surely with McInroy and Dempsey coming in we can switch it up. If Muirhead plays at the back that's fine, it doesn't make much difference to me who is at CB. Could be potential with Murdoch sitting behind the two new guys, a lot more balanced and attacking creativity. 

If Muirhead lines up in central midfield on Saturday, then Bullen is an idiot. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Hard to argue with that tbh.

We now have a bounty of central midfielders so continuing to use the square peg in the round hole would be bizarre unless there are fitness/injury issues.

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Hard to argue with that tbh.

We now have a bounty of central midfielders so continuing to use the square peg in the round hole would be bizarre unless there are fitness/injury issues.

If I see any of Muirhead in midfield, Houston at right back, two wide players that struggle to create anything and Bryden appearing before Tomi then I’m pretty confident I’ll lose the plot!

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

You could just about excuse it on Tuesday night. McInroy probably hadn't trained with us and hadn't played for a few weeks, the state of the pitch etc.

I'll be really concerned if we go with the same system and players tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I had a look at the weather for tomorrow, pissing down with rain and gale force winds. Any chance the game may be called off? 

If it's not Muirhead is guaranteed to start in midfield cause the game will be a battle with an extremely heavy pitch and high balls going in all conditions with the winds, a game which flair players will be anonymous 

21 minutes ago, rb123! said:

If it's not Muirhead is guaranteed to start in midfield cause the game will be a battle with an extremely heavy pitch and high balls going in all conditions with the winds, a game which flair players will be anonymous 

There is no excuse for Muirhead starting in midfield IMO.