The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

The population of Dingwall is 6000.....have u actually been there??? 

You'll have to explain to me what point you're making here?

2 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

My point is there are almost 80000 people in ayr and Prestwick that no including surrounding towns.... 

Therefore simple math would tell you we have the lowest support per % of population in Scotland... 

Something is seriously wrong... 

maths

3 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

My point is there are almost 80000 people in ayr and Prestwick that no including surrounding towns.... 

Therefore simple math would tell you we have the lowest support per % of population in Scotland... 

1300 season ticket holders isnt that bad really .and on a rare occasion in the last  10 year I've seen that home crowd grow to 4000 at a game . People don't go because we're shit .simple as that .we had great home crowds in league 1 when we were winning .its simple. 

There is only 5 professional clubs south of Glasgow Us, Killie, OotS, Stranraer and Annan you would be lucky if the 5 combined draw more than 15k crowds any give Saturday this is not new has been an issue ever since I started going in the late 80s the sad truth is folk would rather support the ugly sisters than their local clubs and it's not going to change anything soon.

22 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Bullen quite clearly brought a seventeen year old in from of Adeloye last night to embarrass  him... 

It is Bullen’s job to get the best out of his better players, and he is failing miserably with Tomi. 

The same thing happened with Afolabi but we don't know what's going on behind the scenes so we really just need to trust the Manager at this early stage.

Funnily enough, I was also annoyed at the Raith game (under White) when we brought on Moff ahead of O'Connor as was convinced that O'Connor would have run amok with Raith playing such a high line.

As a fan, I'd agree that I'd imagine us to have more chance of scoring with Adeloye on ahead of Bryden but that's maybe because we don't yet know what Bryden is capable of and we already have confirmed expectations of Adeloye due to his goalscoring record but in his last couple of games he's not really looked that sharp if we're being honest.

Who knows ?

Ultimately it's up to the Manager to field the best team, get us winning and get us entertaining with the squad that he has at his disposal. It's not got off to a great start but we're going to have to give him time whether that be in this league or a rebuild job from league 1 as we simply can't keep sacking Managers after a couple of months.

Let's just hope that the new guys settle quickly, improve on what we have and get us back to winning ways starting with the "biggy" on Saturday !!

Surely if we’re not willing to sacrifice the extra protection for the centre halfs, Andy Murdoch is the man to sit deep but still be comfortable on the ball and recycle possession. Dempsey would be your more typical box to box midfielder and I’d want to see McInroy in the final third more often than not.

42 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The same thing happened with Afolabi but we don't know what's going on behind the scenes so we really just need to trust the Manager at this early stage.

Funnily enough, I was also annoyed at the Raith game (under White) when we brought on Moff ahead of O'Connor as was convinced that O'Connor would have run amok with Raith playing such a high line.

As a fan, I'd agree that I'd imagine us to have more chance of scoring with Adeloye on ahead of Bryden but that's maybe because we don't yet know what Bryden is capable of and we already have confirmed expectations of Adeloye due to his goalscoring record but in his last couple of games he's not really looked that sharp if we're being honest.

Who knows ?

Ultimately it's up to the Manager to field the best team, get us winning and get us entertaining with the squad that he has at his disposal. It's not got off to a great start but we're going to have to give him time whether that be in this league or a rebuild job from league 1 as we simply can't keep sacking Managers after a couple of months.

Let's just hope that the new guys settle quickly, improve on what we have and get us back to winning ways starting with the "biggy" on Saturday !!

We pretty much know that Afolabi can’t contribute anything though. 

Adeloye was decent when he came on against St Mirren, but regardless there isn’t even a debate. If we need a goal, it is your top scorer you turn to - not a seventeen year old who still has a long way to go to be ready for this level. 

I’m definitely giving him time, but I’m sure my head will be fully detached if I see the same style of line up and substitutions again this weekend. 

The biggest frustration last night was the manner that we lost.

Thistle were shite and probably had one of their poorer performances of the season, they were 100% there for the taking and we set up to give them all the respect in the world. As if we were going into an away game against some tika taka club who we thought were going to play us off the park. 

Biggest worry for me is that Bully and VOR thought we were decent, yes the midfield was an improvement and the defence was okay but on the few occasions which Thistle did move up the gears the cut through our midfield and defence like a hot knife through butter.

We’ve played worse and still turned up next game to see the same shitebag lineup so I’m not expecting anything.

Last night was possibly the best opportunity for those “tactics” to work as hoofball is suited to pitches like that especially against a McCall team trying to play on the deck. Predictably they didn’t work as no one in their right mind thinks this is an acceptable way to play football.

I highly doubt Bullen is going out and telling the players to fire the ball as far as they can but he is fully endorsing it by playing The Four Horsemen Of Hoofball (McGinty, Baird, Muirhead, Houston).

41 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Was surprised to see McGinty was not only in your team, but also captain. That's not going to help. 

Basing this on how contracts work in Football Manager so possibly highly unrealistic and I'm demonstrating my lack of knowledge regarding how football contracts work irl.

I'm increasingly beginning to wonder that when Hopkin signed McGinty he snuck or insisted on putting into the contract a clause regarding McGinty getting to be captain a certain percentage of games.

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

1300 season ticket holders isnt that bad really .and on a rare occasion in the last  10 year I've seen that home crowd grow to 4000 at a game . People don't go because we're shit .simple as that .we had great home crowds in league 1 when we were winning .its simple. 

Don’t remember it being that good during the McCall era when we were challenging in this league. Any form of support from the council always seems to have been an issue also.

Have thought for a while Saturday night kickoffs might be worth a crack - folk are generally too busy in the afternoon. It’s a cliche but ultimately it’s supposed to be an entertainment business.

They hate facing the facts. Per head of population, the worst supported club in Scotland.