The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Thought we were unlucky not to score in the first half with the opportunity from the the free kick which fell to Ashford and he fucked it up.. that being said, they also should've had a penalty in the first half imo. Was my first game back in a while and have the opportunity to go on Saturday. If McGinty, Houston and muirhead (in midfield) start against Dunfermline then I doubt I'll be back till next season. Ashford had energy and desire but mindless punts up to him were obviously not working from early on in the first half yet we continued to do so. Now starting to worry that Bullen is as clueless as Hopkin and duffy

Will try to be positive here. We have all been moaning about Muirhead playing in midfield so to me it was no coincidence we looked far better when he went off and we played some actual real midfielders. McInroy looked decent and was willing to get forward which is something we haven't had all season. Once the new players get up to speed we should improve so the obvious question is will we improve by enough to finish above 9th?

Ayr fans were as easily sucked in and had their knickers down by a few sweet comments by Mathie at the very start, in much the same way as I used to promise the Ayr birds the world in Madisons or Club De Mar back in the good old days and then disappoint them when it came to actually producing a good performance once I got them up the road.

As an aside, are both of these nightclubs closed down or is it just two new clubs with different names? Was down in Ayr a couple of weeks ago and walked around that way. I can see the names have changed but I wasn’t sure if the new places were actual nightclubs or just pubs/venues? 

10 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Go look at how Ross County manage their club...... 

Ross County spend more on players wages alone than their whole revenue and have a multi-millionaire writing millions of pound of debt off every season. 

34 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Ross County spend more on players wages alone than their whole revenue and have a multi-millionaire writing millions of pound of debt off every season. 

Quit trying to cheer us up.

If we take last night's game in isolation then we actually weren't THAT bad. We pretty much matched Thistle for most of the game and had about as many half chances as they did, however one lapse ended up (again) with the ball in our net and being honest it never really looked like we'd be scoring many if any.

Again, I think we're all pretty much in agreement that this sitting back simply doesn't work, it didn't work in the late days of Kerr, it didn't work under Hopkin and it didn't work under Duffy, so really there's no surprise so far that it's not working under Bullen.

Muirhead has to be replaced by McInroy, Rowe (who looked good when he came on) has to come in for Houston and I'd also be trying Gondoh in place of McKenzie as while big Mark puts in a shift and isn't a bad player, I just feel he's a bit lacking still at this level but still a good squad player to have.

Ashford or Adeloye or both ? who knows, but feel we'd probably be better with one or other just now and also the option of replacing Maxwell with O'Connor if REALLY going for it.

The bottom line though is that if you only have 1 or 2 shots on goal per game, then you're unlikely to win many matches unless you have an Atletico Madrid 2016 - 2019 defence and the likes of Ronaldo up top. As we have neither, then I'm thinking that we REALLY need to change our style and change it quickly before it's too late !!!

Disappointing last night but some green shoots IMO Ashford looks a lot more mobile and will cause defences problems with chasing down center backs, if he gets better service I think him and Tomi could work as a front two if we can get whatever issues are going on behind the scenes sorted out, McInroy and Rowe looked decent when they came on and really want them to start on Saturday, think we should be looking at maybe a narrow 442 with Ashford and Tomi up top and a diamond of Mcinroy more advanced, Dempsey and Maxwell either side of Murdoch sitting in front of the back 4 that would also give Redding and Rowe an opportunity to get forward.

We’ll all the fanfare of Bully has evaporated and god knows why we were getting excited as he has no real history of making things work except running an under 23 team and people seem to like him. The image of the hard man Bully would sort this lot out is well gone as he turns out to be no better then the other Haddies we’ve had. I’m told we interviewed Graeme Marty but didn’t appoint due to salary and the back room team he wanted, if that is correct then it’s no surprise.

Bullen clearly prefers a defensive set up and god knows why with the haddies we have at the back, we continue to play the worst centre half pairing we have ever had and we know who is the worst of the three but not only plays every week he is made captain. ( f unbeleiveable)

He has managed to alienate the only striker we have by dropping him for a 17 year old young boy who like our other youngster McKenzie runs about a lot.

He clearly said he hated lazy players and that’s why these young players are getting game time due to the effort in the training, our biggest asset being dropped because he looks lazy is why we are in this mess, will he change it I think not so if we do not win every home game to give us a chance we are well and truly into the seaside league again with the most expensive back room team ever.

12 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Absolutely no plan, never has been under Bullen, this was another crap performance with the same back 4. Midfield did next to nothing, we have replaced Chalmers with someone else who fills a jersey and does little else, McKenzie and Maxwell were marshalled out the game, we did almost nothing going forward, same performance different team. 

The window was an opportunity to reset, we didn't, we have signed some players on spec and are playing the same dreadful way. If Bullens after-match interview talks about being unlucky or blaming the pitch then f**k him. 75 minutes of shite he watched then swapped right backs. 

Its laughable how bad we have become and Bullen has learned absolutely zip since he started. He needs to get a grip quickly. 

No sure what game you were watching but Ben Dempsey is a huge upgrade on slow joe. 

17 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

We’ll all the fanfare of Bully has evaporated and god knows why we were getting excited as he has no real history of making things work except running an under 23 team and people seem to like him. The image of the hard man Bully would sort this lot out is well gone as he turns out to be no better then the other Haddies we’ve had. I’m told we interviewed Graeme Marty but didn’t appoint due to salary and the back room team he wanted, if that is correct then it’s no surprise.

Bullen clearly prefers a defensive set up and god knows why with the haddies we have at the back, we continue to play the worst centre half pairing we have ever had and we know who is the worst of the three but not only plays every week he is made captain. ( f unbeleiveable)

He has managed to alienate the only striker we have by dropping him for a 17 year old young boy who like our other youngster McKenzie runs about a lot.

He clearly said he hated lazy players and that’s why these young players are getting game time due to the effort in the training, our biggest asset being dropped because he looks lazy is why we are in this mess, will he change it I think not so if we do not win every home game to give us a chance we are well and truly into the seaside league again with the most expensive back room team ever.

It's ridiculous to write off Bullen after less than 3 weeks in the door, I'd also say that Tomi's issues are his own making and nothing at all to do with Bullen. His face has been tripping him and he's had his petulant persona for the last few months which could be down to off field matters or it could just be that he's scunnered with chasing lost causes or it could be neither, however it's certainly nothing to do with Bullen.

Again, you can slag off McGinty and Baird all you want, but it's not their fault that we all sit deep and on the few occasions when up top fail to register a shot, Yes, by all means blame them for missing tackles, scoring OG's and giving away penalties but they can't be held responsible for all the issues of our Midfield and Strikers.

Like Bullen, I also hate "lazy players" as ultimately they should be working hard for each other out on that pitch and working hard for us dafty fans who turn up week in week out and pay their wages, so if ANYONE isn't putting in a shift then I don't care who they are, they deserve to go.

All this said, I actually quite like Adeloye as a striker and I agree his service has been poor verging on non existent at times, however it's up to him to knuckle down and prove he wants to be here as let's not pretend that he's irreplaceable or the answer to all our problems, especially in his alleged current frame of mind.

Anyway, looking forward to Saturday and supporting the team whoever plays, although hoping beyond hope that we DO go much more attacking....

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It's ridiculous to write off Bullen after less than 3 weeks in the door, I'd also say that Tomi's issues are his own making and nothing at all to do with Bullen. His face has been tripping him and he's had his petulant persona for the last few months which could be down to off field matters or it could just be that he's scunnered with chasing lost causes or it could be neither, however it's certainly nothing to do with Bullen.

Again, you can slag off McGinty and Baird all you want, but it's not their fault that we all sit deep and on the few occasions when up top fail to register a shot, Yes, by all means blame them for missing tackles, scoring OG's and giving away penalties but they can't be held responsible for all the issues of our Midfield and Strikers.

Like Bullen, I also hate "lazy players" as ultimately they should be working hard for each other out on that pitch and working hard for us dafty fans who turn up week in week out and pay their wages, so if ANYONE isn't putting in a shift then I don't care who they are, they deserve to go.

All this said, I actually quite like Adeloye as a striker and I agree his service has been poor verging on non existent at times, however it's up to him to knuckle down and prove he wants to be here as let's not pretend that he's irreplaceable or the answer to all our problems, especially in his alleged current frame of mind.

Anyway, looking forward to Saturday and supporting the team whoever plays, although hoping beyond hope that we DO go much more attacking....

We have to play that way because the 2 of them are garbage. 

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

We have to play that way because the 2 of them are garbage. 

Well, we didn't play that way against either Raith or Dundee Utd and the 2 of them were excellent in both these games as were the rest of the team.

If you give the opposing team the ball, put no pressure on them and let them play in your half, then surely that will put ANY defence under far more pressure than a team who attacks their opponents and retains possession ??

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

That's not the point I was making..... 

Up in Dingwall there are Ross County colors and scarves in all the shops, flyers on notice boards telling you when games are, and guess what people come out their houses on a Saturday and go to the game....... 

Some people in a Ayr don't know where Somerset Park is...... 

Edited by OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton

1 minute ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Up in Dingwall there are Ross County colors and scarves in all the shops, flyers on notice boards telling you when games are, and guess what people come out their houses on a Saturday and go to the game....... 

The majority of Dingwall residents support Rangers or Celtic, most of those who do attend come from Inverness.  And County are the OGs of crowd bullshitting.

25 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Bullen quite clearly brought a seventeen year old in from of Adeloye last night to embarrass  him... 

It is Bullen’s job to get the best out of his better players, and he is failing miserably with Tomi. 

5 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Dingwall is about the same size as Maybole.  That probably means there’s scarves and flags in 2 shops.  We all know Ross County are living way beyond their means.  Good luck to them, but we all know they’ll fall like a stone when McGregors money isn’t there anymore.