The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

We aren’t staging the game at Somerset... it’s a football match on a television, in a pub. Do they just not show any matches featuring Rangers or Celtic?

If I was going to the hub for one of our games, and the Old Firm game was on prior to ours then I would want it to be on as I have an interest in Scottish football. Exact same as I would want any other game to be on too. 

I'd chuck something at the TV if there was a game involving the scum being shown so I kinda see Saltire's point of view without necessarily agreeing with him that 'it would finish me'. I'd probably get barred right enough.

1 minute ago, LowerLeagueFC said:

not had a drop of Tennents since they sponsored OF years ago. feel a lot better about myself, really stuck it to them

Not worked out as effectively as your ntl boycott.

10 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

I'd chuck something at the TV if there was a game involving the scum being shown so I kinda see Saltire's point of view without necessarily agreeing with him that 'it would finish me'. I'd probably get barred right enough.

I think there’s a line - most of us intensely dislike the OF, but when you become completely blinded by that hatred then you probably need to take a step back. 

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I think there’s a line - most of us intensely dislike the OF, but when you become completely blinded by that hatred then you probably need to take a step back. 

I do sometimes wonder if I actually hate the OF more than Killie.

Thank goodness I've Roxanne to slap me across the jaw in times of doubt.

46 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

What the f**k is going on here? Is there some boy seriously suggesting that Ayr United have crossed the line by *checks notes* showing a live football game in a pub? Seriously?

Apparently so. And he's incredulous everybody's not agreeing with him. 😆

44 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Look, I've clearly reacted in an extreme way to this and my views on the problems caused by the OF are pretty rigid. I said it might make me do something rash like walk away. I've followed Ayr United for decades, I'm just really disappointed in this, but no-one else seems to be as exercised as me.  I've made my point and been shot down by everyone. So focus on the transfer news.

Well no you didn't say you "might" do anything. You said you were finished with the club.

Because they are showing a football match. In a pub. On tv. Everyone else would have been shocked it wasn't on.

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

What the hell is going on with Cameron's Bar showing the OF match live on Wednesday. Absolutely disgraceful, that could finish me with Ayr Utd for as long as they do that. 

Sorry but they are a curse on Scottish football. It will finish me.

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Are you seriously suggesting you are finished with the club because they are showing an OF game?

For as long as they show that, yes.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Apparently so. And he's incredulous everybody's not agreeing with him. 😆

Well no you didn't say you "might" do anything. You said you were finished with the club.

Because they are showing a football match. In a pub. On tv. Everyone else would have been shocked it wasn't on.

Look, I reacted badly to something and then reacted in a worse way to the responses. I'm sure Ayr fans now just want to talk about the transfer window not my issues with the OF. I apologise to Ayr fans for the distraction on an exciting day at the end of the window.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Was he not with Dunfermline before his loan to Airdrie. No idea how he got on there but seems to be doing very well for them. 

ETA: I think he is looking for a move away from Celtic permanently so could be a long term investment. 

Aye, IMO it's different coming into the championship from a loan lower than straight in from a youth team. 

Look, I reacted badly to something and then reacted in a worse way to the responses. I'm sure Ayr fans now just want to talk about the transfer window not my issues with the OF. I apologise to Ayr fans for the distraction on an exciting day at the end of the window.

Don’t apologise, pal. They’ll all be packed in on Wednesday night with their half and half scarves.

Letting something you hate become more important than something you love is never a great idea. It’s like wanting Killie to lose more than you want Ayr to win.

You don’t see many apologies on P&B so well done for making one and let’s move on.

9 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

Don’t apologise, pal. They’ll all be packed in on Wednesday night with their half and half scarves.

He’s talking about the Somerset Hub, Not the Park hostel 

Your club will gladly clear tables of diners away from their tables to accommodate the Old firm pound, if you had any brains you would have kept very quiet on the subject. 

22 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

Remember when yer club gave yer 'Big Brother blues club ' 3 stands to enjoy winning the league whilst punting ye all into the Main Stand ,marvellous diddy "We *** Club" behaviour 

I’m a bit torn with the signing of a youth player/defender the state we are in. Part of me says he can’t be any worse than what’s there , then I  think really a 19 year old to help out our totally awful defence. Time will tell. 
The  middle of the park is the big one and hopefully they are working away to solve the problem before midnight.
I really hope that if we stay up we sign players  in various positions across the team that are a goal threat as our scoring record is pretty awful. 

Edited by motley123rock

1 minute ago, motley123rock said:

I’m a bit torn with the signing of a youth player/defender the state we are in. Part of me says he can’t be any worse than what’s there  ? Then I  think really a 19 year old to help out our totally awful defence. Time will tell. 
The  middle of the park is the big one and hopefully they are working away to solve the problem before midnight. I really hope that if we stay up we sign players  in various positions that are a goal threat as our scoring record is pretty awful. 

Corrie Ndaba was a youth player and was very good.