The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I was told the next signing post game, don't bother guessing cause you'll no get it xo

Just tell me this then. Can he kick the ball really hard and really high in the air because if not then I’m not wanting him?

4 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Good. I quoted him saying away to q.o.s. was thinking it was at Ayr 🤔 Entirely winnable, though I suspect q.o.s would think the same.

I'm not seeing a lot of points here. Are we getting anything from that last 4?  Hard to see it. 

Screenshot_20220129-233315_FlashScore UK.jpg

I think if we're talking about finishing 9th, there will be no chance of us winning the play offs.
Morton looked far better against us and they continued that on friday night. 
Dunfermline seem to be going through a purple patch at the moment yet I don't rate their squad overly well better than ours. 
I reckon Queens will finish 10th this season.
Hamilton looked pretty poor today but they're capable to stringing the a couple of wins together.

It's worrying, put it that way. 

We’d have to be a different level of shite to fail to navigate the playoffs against the League 1 sides. Morton were probably worse than we are last season and they comfortably beat Airdrie and Montrose. We’d probably have to play one of them and/or Queens Park or maybe Falkirk if they get their act together.

I’d hate to finish 9th but winning the playoffs isn’t the impossible talk some folk think it is.

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Its not just his form over the past two games that hack folk off though is it? 

The apparent lack of determination or perceived effort to the cause during games, even when hes scoring, the petulance when he's subbed and childish tantrums generally perhaps show that he's a pretty self centred individual. Maybe he isn't but that's how it'll be perceived until he bucks his ideas up a bit. 

He isn't just here to score goals, his hold up play should get us up the field and his physicality should be bullying defenders. It doesn't happen regularly enough for me. 

Throw in the deletion of his time with us on social media to all of the above and its easy to see why people are beginning to be disillusioned by him. 

You talk about folk writing off his career, he needs to realise that at the age of 25 he's achieved diddly squat in his career. Thats on Jim, nobody else. We're giving him full time football at a decent level, Joel Nouble took his chance, can/will Tomi do the same? 

Let's see. 

Be realistic for a minute though, he’s a striker at Championship level and we aren’t being managed by Pep Guardiola. It would be nice if his hold up play was better but I suspect if he had that in his locker as well as the goals he wouldn’t playing for us.

For as long as he’s our top scorer by miles I don’t really care about how self absorbed he is or what he does with his Instagram. He isn’t beyond criticism but there’s far bigger issues in that team.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’d have to be a different level of shite to fail to navigate the playoffs against the League 1 sides. Morton were probably worse than we are last season and they comfortably beat Airdrie and Montrose. We’d probably have to play one of them and/or Queens Park or maybe Falkirk if they get their act together.

I’d hate to finish 9th but winning the playoffs isn’t the impossible talk some folk think it is.

Agree with that.  Morton skooshed it with the likes of Salkeld playing.  We would need the fans behind the team as if it was the same as a promotion playoff though.  Would that happen?  Depends how we finish the season I guess.  

Edited by Hursty

14 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

4600 Killie fans today. Four times the support of a team from a town of the same size. That’s not counting Prestwick. Then you expect your club to sign decent players? Mind boggling.

Crowd numbers are the least of our worries just now but thank you very much for your waste of a post, now off you go. 

The Office Steve Carell GIF - The Office Steve Carell Michael Scott -  Discover & Share GIFs

29 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Be realistic for a minute though, he’s a striker at Championship level and we aren’t being managed by Pep Guardiola. It would be nice if his hold up play was better but I suspect if he had that in his locker as well as the goals he wouldn’t playing for us.

For as long as he’s our top scorer by miles I don’t really care about how self absorbed he is or what he does with his Instagram. He isn’t beyond criticism but there’s far bigger issues in that team.

Whats Pep Guardiola got to do with anything? We're primarily asking a full time centre forward to do his job. I used the comparison of Joel Nouble earlier. A guy who embraced his time in this league and has boosted his standing and reputation as a result. Why can't Tomi look to do similar more consistently? 

I'd love to know how many times Adeloye actually touched the ball today, let alone had efforts on goal. We may not be getting people round him soon enough, but how many times did he have the ball under control to bring others into play? 

There may be bigger issues in the team but in our situation every player has to look in the mirror and ask could I be doing more? 

Of course he could be a victim of the teams tactics but he's got to do more to start before Ashford who played like he really wanted to be here when he came on. 

12 teams in 8 seasons by my counting for Tomi. Me, me, me. 

Edited by BukyOHare

Shankland would struggle to score goals in this team, Adeloye is a penalty box player that needs the ball worked to him. We set up asking him to do a lot of hold-up play and competing for high balls. You either play to his strengths or you don't play him at all. Presumably why they have brought a new forward in. 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Just tell me this then. Can he kick the ball really hard and really high in the air because if not then I’m not wanting him?

I'll dm you bbz xo

6 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Since playing senior football, Adeloye hasn't spent more than one season at the same club. That tells its own story. With guys like this it's always someone else's fault for their shortcomings. 

As soon as a player starts believing the hype and thinking that he's irreplaceable, he becomes a liability. In his current form and frame of mind, Tomi is definitely not worthy of a starting place in the team. 

We won't survive with guys putting more effort into winning cheap free kicks rather than their individual battles. 

Get him tae f**k

10 hours ago, Hursty said:

Is there anyone on here that thinks we will stay up, being totally honest?

Situation looks pretty grim to me.  Bullen really hasn’t got any reaction at all out of the players and is making the same mistakes as the previous 2 managers. - one up front, a static midfield and Muirhead as the lynchpin is just brutal to watch and isn’t delivering results. The run in looks really bad for us as well with so many away games to come.  I’m beginning to think Davie White is some kind of misunderstood genius as he’s the only manager since McCall who seems to be able to get anything out of the players at his disposal.   I see there are some people still defending Adeloye - hard to believe they’ve actually watched him recently.  Makes Zanatta look like a work horse.

9 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Situation looks pretty grim to me.  Bullen really hasn’t got any reaction at all out of the players and is making the same mistakes as the previous 2 managers. - one up front, a static midfield and Muirhead as the lynchpin is just brutal to watch and isn’t delivering results. The run in looks really bad for us as well with so many away games to come.  I’m beginning to think Davie White is some kind of misunderstood genius as he’s the only manager since McCall who seems to be able to get anything out of the players at his disposal.   I see there are some people still defending Adeloye - hard to believe they’ve actually watched him recently.  Makes Zanatta look like a work horse.

Crazy talk.

Cant recall having disliked an Ayr player more than Zanatta.

Would have at least been interesting to see what happened if just Maxwell and McKenzie came on for a wee bit. 

Edited by bazka6