The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, the west curve said:

Stupid person like yourself that can’t answer a simple question. The people need to know. 

Go away you unwashed mouth breather we have only played you once at home in the league in a generation and you won with a last minute penalty. Now jog on you tosser 

3 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Tomi was bad today but he’s had two bad games after scoring 3 in 4 and folk on here are writing off his career.

The knee-jerk reactions after every game are tiring.

Its not just his form over the past two games that hack folk off though is it? 

The apparent lack of determination or perceived effort to the cause during games, even when hes scoring, the petulance when he's subbed and childish tantrums generally perhaps show that he's a pretty self centred individual. Maybe he isn't but that's how it'll be perceived until he bucks his ideas up a bit. 

He isn't just here to score goals, his hold up play should get us up the field and his physicality should be bullying defenders. It doesn't happen regularly enough for me. 

Throw in the deletion of his time with us on social media to all of the above and its easy to see why people are beginning to be disillusioned by him. 

You talk about folk writing off his career, he needs to realise that at the age of 25 he's achieved diddly squat in his career. Thats on him, nobody else. We're giving him full time football at a decent level, Joel Nouble took his chance, can/will Tomi do the same? 

Let's see. 

Edited by BukyOHare

50/50 atm. Just done think there's enough time left to imbed new players and a style of play that will see us to safety anytime soon. with Morton and the Pars picking up some relative form we're really down to hoping QOS continue being slightly worse than us.

And with a game on tuesday on that tattie field after there game was postponed today, and our players knackered and the new ones not up to speed, I'm not holding out much hope of getting anything from that.

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Is there anyone on here that thinks we will stay up, being totally honest?

I'm probably 60/40 positive. We were hopless for the first hour today then decent for 5-10 mins and then second best for the remainder. The new chap scoring on his debut probably contributes more positivity than it should.

8 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I think we’ll be 9th at best

Same.  We are going to get an absolute doing at Partick midweek which is hardly going to do anything confidence wise for a 100% must win game v a confident Dunfermline who pumped us embarrassingly easily on our last meeting.  Happy days eh. Just need to make sure we win away to QoS when it matters 😬

If this was the game where Gary Agnew scored, I was there. Bloody miserable weather but brilliant game. Gary was destined for huge things until his horrible injury ended his career.

Ayr beat Killie 2-0 in the league in the last season the clubs met in the league. 

22 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Its not just his form over the past two games that hack folk off though is it? 

The apparent lack of determination or perceived effort to the cause during games, even when hes scoring, the petulance when he's subbed and childish tantrums generally perhaps show that he's a pretty self centred individual. Maybe he isn't but that's how it'll be perceived until he bucks his ideas up a bit. 

He isn't just here to score goals, his hold up play should get us up the field and his physicality should be bullying defenders. It doesn't happen regularly enough for me. 

Throw in the deletion of his time with us on social media to all of the above and its easy to see why people are beginning to be disillusioned by him. 

You talk about folk writing off his career, he needs to realise that at the age of 25 he's achieved diddly squat in his career. Thats on Jim, nobody else. We're giving him full time football at a decent level, Joel Nouble took his chance, can/will Tomi do the same? 

Let's see. 

I could possibly see a lack of effort today, primarily falling over and not attempting to take the ball in when he very easily could of. Not particularly against Morton - albeit he was poor, despite being isolated. 

I don’t think it is fair to suggest that there has been a lack of effort to the cause prior to this though. When we get people near him he can act very well as the focal point. He can’t be expected to hold up play from aimless hoofs when no one is sitting sixty yards of him. 

Hopefully he was just off it today, and made some poor decisions in terms of trying to buy free kicks. Your overall critique is incredibly harsh though. 

I’m not sure what childish tantrums refers to either. You can talk about him being unhappy at being substituted, but you could also point to him coming on against St Mirren and being able to see him talking Bryden through the game. 

5 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Just need to make sure we win away to QoS when it matters 😬

I don't see us beating Q.o.s at Palmerston. It's always been horrendous for Ayr 😔

Best bet is to hope for a miracle midweek. Beat Dunfermline and fingers crossed, a draw at Palmerston.

I think if we're talking about finishing 9th, there will be no chance of us winning the play offs.

Morton looked far better against us and they continued that on friday night. 

Dunfermline seem to be going through a purple patch at the moment yet I don't rate their squad overly well better than ours. 

I reckon Queens will finish 10th this season.

Hamilton looked pretty poor today but they're capable to stringing the a couple of wins together.

It's worrying, put it that way.