The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Early days I know but Dempsy didn’t  over Impress tiday

Bullen thought he was one of our best players....

I have no idea, as the stream was so bad you couldn’t entirely make out who was who at times. 

Regardless, he will be massively out of match fitness - I imagine the amount of games in the next couple of weeks will be tough for him. Pretty imperative we get a match ready central midfielder in. 

Edited by No_Problemo

23 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I have no idea, as the stream was so bad you couldn’t entirely make out who was who at times. 

^This, I wasn't wearing my glasses but I doubt they'd have made any difference. That pixelot stream on hesgoal was dreadful. I found it very difficult to identify the players.

Being honest, i'm beginning to think that it has nothing to do with our personnel but more to do with our tactics and how the players approach it.

Take the Morton game as an example, we were utter dross with Maxwell and McKenzie on the pitch but then dramatically improved when O'Connor and Gondoh came on, however today was the polar opposite with the same guys involved but going in the other direction.

The first half today just looked so unbalanced with huge gaps between Tomi and the rest of the team with no Midfield again. Murdoch seemed to be playing too far forward, Gondoh kept tucking in but achieving nothing and O'Connor wasn't getting involved, yet when McKenzie and Maxwell came on the whole balance changed and we looked much more in control, much more solid and much more threatening. I'd also say big Sam linked up far better than what Tomi was doing as once again he looked to be sulking a bit.

I honestly have no idea but I think the main priority has to be to get Muirhead out of Midfield and play a proper Midfielder in his place who can pass a ball, take a set piece and also drive forward with it at feet as that seems to be the only way we'll start knitting the players all together and get some semblance of control over games.

Please, Please give us an imminent......

26 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Be interesting to see which way Tomi goes with regard to Ashford's arrival and goal today. Will he take the huff or knuckle down and get back to form. Not sure if playing both of them is really the best option.

Since playing senior football, Adeloye hasn't spent more than one season at the same club. That tells its own story. With guys like this it's always someone else's fault for their shortcomings. 

As soon as a player starts believing the hype and thinking that he's irreplaceable, he becomes a liability. In his current form and frame of mind, Tomi is definitely not worthy of a starting place in the team. 

We won't survive with guys putting more effort into winning cheap free kicks rather than their individual battles. 

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Being honest, i'm beginning to think that it has nothing to do with our personnel but more to do with our tactics and how the players approach it.

Take the Morton game as an example, we were utter dross with Maxwell and McKenzie on the pitch but then dramatically improved when O'Connor and Gondoh came on, however today was the polar opposite with the same guys involved but going in the other direction.

The first half today just looked so unbalanced with huge gaps between Tomi and the rest of the team with no Midfield again. Murdoch seemed to be playing too far forward, Gondoh kept tucking in but achieving nothing and O'Connor wasn't getting involved, yet when McKenzie and Maxwell came on the whole balance changed and we looked much more in control, much more solid and much more threatening. I'd also say big Sam linked up far better than what Tomi was doing as once again he looked to be sulking a bit.

I honestly have no idea but I think the main priority has to be to get Muirhead out of Midfield and play a proper Midfielder in his place who can pass a ball, take a set piece and also drive forward with it at feet as that seems to be the only way we'll start knitting the players all together and get some semblance of control over games.

Please, Please give us an imminent......

Yeah, I don’t think the aim today was to be negative. We are just hopeless at keeping the ball for any length of time, and no one has time to get up in the pitch and receive the ball in dangerous positions. It stems from Muirhead and hopefully that will be fixed by Monday night...

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

Since playing senior football, Adeloye hasn't spent more than one season at the same club. That tells its own story. With guys like this it's always someone else's fault for their shortcomings. 

As soon as a player starts believing the hype and thinking that he's irreplaceable, he becomes a liability. In his current form and frame of mind, Tomi is definitely not worthy of a starting place in the team. 

We won't survive with guys putting more effort into winning cheap free kicks rather than their individual battles. 

I had never heard of him before he played for us.

If he keeps his current form and attitude up, I doubt I'll be hearing about him again after he leaves us.

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, I don’t think the aim today was to be negative. We are just hopeless at keeping the ball for any length of time, and no one has time to get up in the pitch and receive the ball in dangerous positions. It stems from Muirhead and hopefully that will be fixed by Monday night...

What happening Monday night ?