The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Brutal stuff from Ayr again.  A 5 man midfield that can’t retain any possession and one hopelessly (or is that hopeless) isolated striker up front.  
We simply cannot continue with these failed tactics and with Muirhead in midfield - I don’t blame the guy as it’s not his fault that he's been played out of position all season, but his distribution and use of the ball is simply horrendous. .  Only bright spots were Maxwell who is.clearly our best midfielder so was obviously dropped to the bench and the new striker who looked to have a bit of pace and movement.  Dempsey getting injured probably leaves us back to square one in terms of fixing the shape of the midfield.

Was really disappointed with Gondoh - I understood he was direct and pacy, but he looked a yard too slow and miles out his depth.  
Dempsey didn't look like he was limping coming off, hopefully a bit of cramp as he's not played at that tempo for a while

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Muirhead is part of the problem when it comes to the fact that he cannot play simple passes and shows no composure which is a bit of an issue when you are playing in midfield.

Always thought Muirhead was better as a centre back. I'd have him play there instead of McGinty. Murdoch and Dempsey in midfield, Gondoh (who didn't have the best of games) and O'Connor on wings with Ashton and Adeloye up front as a two, not this one guy up front nonsense, falling in an attempt for a free kick pish that clearly doesn't fucking work. Get rid of the Hoofball! Didn't work for Hopkin. Didn't work for Duffy. Won't fucking work for Bullen.

As soon as the team was passing along the ground, the game changed in Ayr's favour.

Stop the shite. Say 'NO!' to Hoofball!

Edited by Roxanne's man
Where? Where? Where? Where's Wally??

22 minutes ago, Ayr145 said:

Well if thats the case the whole team are the problem. The center halfs are the problem, hes a midfielder

The goal that we conceded today had nothing to do with our central defenders, it was due to a slack pass in Midfield and then our RB being caught out of position as a result.

McGinty and Baird get enough stick that they DO deserve without getting blamed for something which they have no part in or control over.

Like others have said, we simply can't play through our Midfield when Muirhead is playing as he's utterly horrendous on the ball and causes much of our problems I'm afraid.

That was the first time I’d seen Gondoh and he looked so far out his depth it was frightening. Really really poor performance. That said Adeloye was also atrocious and straight up the tunnel when he was subbed. He needs to not throw himself to the ground every time the ball is played into him. 

That was the first time I’d seen Gondoh and he looked so far out his depth it was frightening. Really really poor performance. That said Adeloye was also atrocious and straight up the tunnel when he was subbed. He needs to not throw himself to the ground every time the ball is played into him. 
I've been one of Adeloys biggest cheerleaders but man since the turn of the year he's been brutal, maybe some competition up from with Ashford will be good for him

2 minutes ago, ecocme said:

Gondoh looked good when he came on against Morton, however he was playing wide right and running at people with the ball at his feet, where today he seemed to be chasing shadows in some sort of deep Midfield role but whatever, it certainly didn't work for him !!

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Gondoh looked good when he came on against Morton, however he was playing wide right and running at people with the ball at his feet, where today he seemed to be chasing shadows in some sort of deep Midfield role but whatever, it certainly didn't work for him !!

He was playing wide right today!

The team has many problems. 

Central midfield has been a problem for two fucking seasons now.

Central defense has been a problem since we signed McGinty. It seems to be worse this season than I can remember. Even to the point where I am pining for Bell (someone I maligned for being error prone).

Muirhead playing as a central midfielder or a defensive midfielder is a nonsense. It's also not up to Muirhead where he plays, the manager keeps playing him there. In the exact same way as he keeps playing McGinty. I find it truly baffling. I hope Bullen is learning as McGinty needs dropped and Muirhead needs dropped or played in defense. As someone else said Muirhead is contributing next to nought and isn't helping the defense we'd be as well having a second forward on the pitch.

Edited by Trogdor

The criticism Mcginty gets on this thread is way over the top. Every mistake is criticised. Pity we can’t pay £50 million for the perfection that is Harry Maguire!! He is a leader and our captain and is trying his best for the team and played well today imo. Give him a break ffs.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

He was maybe meant to be but it certainly didn't look like that !!

He just didn’t have the pace to bother Accies defensively and ended up in no mans land..  Looked completely ineffective and was at fault for their goal (not everything that goes wrong in the world is down to McGinty!).  Didn’t help that Houston was miles off it again and offered nothing on the overlap.  Can only hope he improves with match fitness, but he was a real disappointment today.

Just now, North Terrace Gazza said:

I don’t understand not starting with Maxwell. Massive difference when he came on, we actually looked threatening unlike in the first half where Accies should’ve been out of sight.

The problem is he's been off the boil the last couple of games. I can understand why he was dropped. I thought O'Connor did enough when he replaced him during the St Mirren game to justify starting today.

The criticism Mcginty gets on this thread is way over the top. Every mistake is criticised. Pity we can’t pay £50 million for the perfection that is Harry Maguire!! He is a leader and our captain and is trying his best for the team and played well today imo. Give him a break ffs.

No

He’s shite

Just now, Ayrhead1 said:

Black Ink Crew Laughing GIF by VH1

1 minute ago, Ayrhead1 said:

Hiya Sean, hiya pal