The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

49 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Not sure how prudent it is signing folk to 18 month deals with the threat of relegation looming, or at least a bunch of them. Still Bullen's backroom staff to bring in and probably have to pay the other lot off at end of season too. Suppose there's quite a lot of savings to be made with the current squad though.

I'm not meaning to be cheeky but as mere supporters that's not our problem and I'm sure Smith has done his sums and knows exactly what the "worst case" financial situation will be should we drop to League 1.

From the opposite perspective, should the worst happen and we DO drop down, then at least we'll have continuity and a good quality squad to give us a good chance of making the jump straight back up.

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I don't think he will sign. 

The fact that he's been here on trial all week and we apparently liked what we saw, then Yes, it would seem that either he or us must be driving a hard bargain as one would have thought that he'd have signed by now if was going to ??

Hopefully I'm wrong though.

1 minute ago, ecocme said:

Weather calmed down quite a bit in Hamilton now, lets all get up here and support the team to 3 points (easy to say when I live here!). 

Hopefully it quietens down a bit here.

My back garden is like a bomb site. One of my neighbours trampoline has jumped the fence into my garden. The garden furniture is everywhere and the wind is still battering the house. 

Hence I'll be watching the stream from the comfort of my living room today. 🤣

I see there are a couple of games off already (Aberdeen & Arbroath tbf).

43 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

He is definitely in todays squad 

Hopefully both the new London boys start today and we have a proper crack at Hamilton. We’ve already beaten them twice up there , so no point going up looking for a draw . Two big guys up from reminds me of the old McCall and Masterton days ! Used to run smoke in the Premier back then ....

Interesting who else will be joining us , will it be Comely and Appere or is there another mystery signing turning up ?

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Hopefully it quietens down a bit here.

My back garden is like a bomb site. One of my neighbours trampoline has jumped the fence into my garden. The garden furniture is everywhere and the wind is still battering the house. 

Hence I'll be watching the stream from the comfort of my living room today. 🤣

I see there are a couple of games off already (Aberdeen & Arbroath tbf).

Yeah it was the same here this morning, had to retrieve the garden furniture from the woods behind the house and the trampoline from the neighbours 😂

Needless to say I’m in a better mood now. 

29 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The fact that he's been here on trial all week and we apparently liked what we saw, then Yes, it would seem that either he or us must be driving a hard bargain as one would have thought that he'd have signed by now if was going to ??

Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Did we though? 

The biggest surprise for me is that despite our "partnership" with Burnley and the extremely close Sheffield Wednesday link with Bullen, is that we've failed to bring anyone up from either, I'd have thought that we'd have had at least 1 player on loan from these clubs given the huge squads that they have and from their perspective the chance of getting their youngsters a run out at a competitive level in a new environment.

Ipswich didn't seem to find it a problem.....

28 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Maybe they think there is a better alternative 

It's definitely one of our suggestions, I heard he was unimpressive so I'd imagine they think they can do better.  Shame, decent CV.