The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

See the club message came out about one of our players being abused online- by the sounds of things it came from within our own support which is shocking if true! Hope the person gets banned and prosecuted for it. 

Doesn’t help the club official commentary teamseem to have an agenda too

Edited by ryanayr1987

What’s that club statement all about? 

Online abuse to one of the players apparently. Dunno if it’s Adeloye or someone else but they clearly don’t think worded statements get the message across. I agree with them tbh but the best way to put your point across is banning folk tbh.

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

See the club message came out about one of our players wing abused online- by the sounds of things it came from within our own support which is shocking if true! 

Surely if its online rather than someone shouting something from the crowd its traceable and could and should be highlighted?  

Assuming it's racist anyway? I can't listen to the statement 

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

As they said a player  is getting some poor racial abuse from more than 1 of our so called fans online , absolutely shocking behaviour from whoever they are 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Online abuse to one of the players apparently. Dunno if it’s Adeloye or someone else but they clearly don’t think worded statements get the message across. I agree with them tbh but the best way to put your point across is banning folk tbh.

Yeah I wasn’t sure if there was something posted on social media that people had seen or if it was something sent direct or privately. Hope the folk are found and banned at the least. 

No online abuse is tolerable, full stop. 

It should go as far as booing them off the park on a Saturday if it's shit, not taking time to hunt them down online to continue to give them a barrage of personal abuse.

If there's anyone who does that they can f**k off and support another club, cause if you were a true supporter you would know the boundaries. 

Led to believe it is not racist, but second hand information so only going by hear say it might still be  ( incorrect information giving earlier  ) The abuse I mainly see online is directed at McGinty maybe some people have taken it too far 
My initial thoughts were that it was about the abuse on here towards McGinty.

Just now, North Terrace Gazza said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s McGinty, some of the hate has been way over the top.

The hate has been way over the top for a lot of things recently and the worst i've probably seen it. 

I know we've been shit which doesn't help but it's still no excuse. 

Even when we were flying under McCall there was still some mutants who would give likes of Robbie Crawford a load of abuse when he made a wrong pass, boy is now like Lionel Messi compared to anything we've got in the team now. 

McGinty isn't the greatest Ayr player to ever wear the Black and White, however he tries every game, he appears to be a good guy both on and off the pitch and apart from not being that great, he's done absolutely nothing to merit half the abuse that he gets constantly.

9 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Led to believe it is not racist, but second hand information so only going by hear say it might still be  ( incorrect information giving earlier  ) The abuse I mainly see online is directed at McGinty maybe some people have taken it too far 

I'm not a fan of McGinty but giving him abuse online is just a step too far. It's sort of stalkerish. Totally agree with @rb123! In saying that sad gits that do that sort of thing can go support another team.

I'm a massive critic of McGinty but at the end of the day, still an Ayr United player. Abusing him online does hee-haw! It was very well put together by Mathie, Smith and Bullen and I hope something is done.

3 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

My initial thoughts were that it was about the abuse on here towards McGinty.

Really? What abuse has there been on here? Other than get to f**k or get into the sea. I wouldn't really say that meets the bar of abuse or discrimination.

Moreover, posting on a forum is very different to posting it directly to the player on social media (going by the statement that's what it sounds like to me).

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Really? What abuse has there been on here? Other than get to f**k or get into the sea. I wouldn't really say that meets the bar of abuse or discrimination.

Moreover, posting on a forum is very different to posting it directly to the player on social media (going by the statement that's what it sounds like to me).

Suspect it’s more abuse directed at his own social media rather than a forum tbh

7 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I'm not a fan of McGinty but giving him abuse online is just a step too far. It's sort of stalkerish. Totally agree with @rb123! In saying that sad gits that do that sort of thing can go support another team.

I'm a massive critic of McGinty but at the end of the day, still an Ayr United player. Abusing him online does hee-haw! It was very well put together by Mathie, Smith and Bullen and I hope something is done.

You're having a laugh you've been laying into McGinty for months, whether he deserves it or not 

TBF the stuff here about McGinty is about his ability as a footballer nothing else, leaning towards this being Tomi and does not help when the club commentary team call him lazy, folk on the SRE expecting sone kind of statement why he changed his insta when it looks like he was potentially hacked, any way no place for this at all ban them for life.

Just now, Mod1967 said:

You're having a laugh you've been laying into McGinty for months, whether he deserves it or not 

Yes, like I said, not a fan. I wouldn't personally send him abuse though. That's just sad. As an Ayr fan, I reserve the right to moan about players.

McGinty isn't the greatest Ayr player to ever wear the Black and White, however he tries every game, he appears to be a good guy both on and off the pitch and apart from not being that great, he's done absolutely nothing to merit half the abuse that he gets constantly.
He's utter mince.