The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:
This tweet has resurfaced , anyone know any more about it ? Would say it’s not the name rumoured this morning 

Flo hoti to Dunfermline and Louis appere too ayr United both loan deals
@ScottBurns75 reports

Was the name you heard better or worse in your opinion?

If it's the one I have it's a total unknown like Gondoh. Played at an ok level last year. 

Edited by itzdrk

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

My only thoughts are that we already have Gondoh and O'Connor so while I like Appere as a player, I'm not sure that's the position that needs strengthening as a matter of urgency.

It's too soon to tell about Gondon and jury is still out on O'Connor although personally I'd like to see how he does on the right hand side. Also depends what formation Bullen favours as If we went 4-3-3 then other than those 2 the only other option is McKenzie, as in that formation Maxwell would be more suited to LCM. Wouldn't be a disaster if we didn't get him but I do think he'd add something different to the squad.

21 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

It's too soon to tell about Gondon and jury is still out on O'Connor although personally I'd like to see how he does on the right hand side. Also depends what formation Bullen favours as If we went 4-3-3 then other than those 2 the only other option is McKenzie

I think both O'Connor and Gondoh would work better if they had someone in the centre to pass or cross to. Moffat is on his last legs as a player and doesn't have the pace to keep up with them anymore unfortunately. So Dempsey and Domley might be the answer, with Adeloye up front. 4-3-3 seems the best set up but my fear is that we get pipped in the centre as usual.

47 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

It's too soon to tell about Gondon and jury is still out on O'Connor although personally I'd like to see how he does on the right hand side. Also depends what formation Bullen favours as If we went 4-3-3 then other than those 2 the only other option is McKenzie, as in that formation Maxwell would be more suited to LCM. Wouldn't be a disaster if we didn't get him but I do think he'd add something different to the squad.

Yes, pretty much my thoughts also. McKenzie has shown enough to prove that he can do a job if needed and I agree that O'Connor while looking good in the little we've seen him still probably hasn't shown enough end product to merit a definite start.

What I would say, is that on the few occasions that O'Connor has played wide left (or tucked in), it's made Reading look much better and a real threat coming forward and when McKenzie has played wide right he's also looked good coming forward and also worked back tirelessly to help out Houston.

The bottom line for me is that we need to be playing an attacking style with 4 at the back which is a 4-3-3 when in possession that becomes a 4-5-1 when out as we've looked at our best every time this has been tried, yet for some bizarre reason unbeknown to me, we have then reverted to this weird defensive setup which just asks for trouble and nullifies us as an attacking force.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:
2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:
This tweet has resurfaced , anyone know any more about it ? Would say it’s not the name rumoured this morning 

Flo hoti to Dunfermline and Louis appere too ayr United both loan deals
@ScottBurns75 reports

Was the name you heard better or worse in your opinion?

Had not heard of him , as based way down South 

I’ll still trust the process, but I think any of us would have been disappointed to go into the Hamilton game with the net recruitment we currently have..... desperately trying to tempt fate of an imminent. 

Hopefully Dempsey is good and significantly improves our starting side. 

Good move for McCallister and interested to see how he develops as he is still very young! 

Surely to f**k there are announcements tonight though, given we are now at minus two. 

ETA: Muirhead is now the only back up at CM and RB, and of course should be starting at CB

Edited by No_Problemo

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think we need to “replace” him as no one seems to know what his position is. Looks like it’s maybe freed up a wee bit of cash and room in the squad for someone else.

Nah we don’t - Muirhead can play there if needed and isn’t any worse than Houston in there either. As long as we get the necessary central midfielders and ideally a passable central defender too.