The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

Was it a real cup? Oh and pray tell us about your European adventures. I’ve watched us in France, Dublin, Czech Republic, Belfast, Germany and Wales in my lifetime, great adventures.

36C19158-CF01-46C3-9EAF-02405D62F13A.jpeg.b7a3e2b6eeeab5619eef8efa22a69a89.jpeg

Hiya pal….

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Presume the "known" midfielder was going to be assistant and were either looking for a similar type of player (maybe a different position) or now looking to approach other types of candidate and it can wait until the window is closed.  

The known midfielder was Liam Craig was it not. And that is now dead in the water. 

The known midfielder was Liam Craig was it not. And that is now dead in the water. 

Yup. Idk whether it was his own choice or St Johnstone not wanting to lose him right now though.

I think we’ll have two in before Monday. Comley and one other. If the domestic loan window has been extended it really would not surprise me if Bradley came back in a couple of weeks as well. Would use him as a number 10 though instead of out wide.

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Lads remember not to reply to these guys and they will get bored and f**k off 

Ive heard this said before but yet they still keep annoyingly appearing. Apart from the the Hawkeye chap who actually seems, unlike the rest, that he might wear matching shoes.

Where's the block / mute button hiding? 

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Where would he and Bully crossed paths out of interest? 

A manager and his assistant usually would have a connection from their playing days or game generally. 

Perhaps it's even a Mathie link from Hibs? 

Edited by BukyOHare

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I also keep forgetting that Bullen doesn’t actually have a backroom team yet. 

Pretty unheard of that it isn’t in place three weeks into an appointment! 

Would take a guess that someone's having to work a notice period at their current emoloyers

I believe Liam Craig was 1st choice as Bully's No2. They would have been at Falkirk together. St Johnstone will be looking for compensation. I really think Bully needs support in soon. He will be using senior players and is obviously making using of the Academy coaches on match days. Players available be told by their agents to hold out for the best deal. In addition, to bring in new players we may have to offload at least one more player. I still expect two new faces before the transfer window closes. 

Also,  we have Keith Glendinning  doing the video analysis.

10 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I also keep forgetting that Bullen doesn’t actually have a backroom team yet. 

Pretty unheard of that it isn’t in place three weeks into an appointment! 

He perhaps doesn't have his own people however there are others still around to assist. The md and transfer analysis position also take bits away from an old school managers role. Perhops the new team structure means there is less coming and going when regimes change

3 minutes ago, Iain said:

Glendinning is probably working up a powerpoint presentation showing how even though we never signed anyone, the guys we had targeted were really good options. Will be presented at February's board meeting.

Already signed 2 players , with more in the pipeline 

Tbf Robbo we've lost 3, Bradley, Chalmers and technically Salked 

Tbf, before January we had a squad of 21. 20 if you removed Hewitt who has been injured long term. The issue isn’t really lack of numbers it’s lack of quality. The only position we were short on was in midfield and if we bring in Comley then that’s us on a more balanced footing already. With 20 or so players already in the squad it was always going to be swapping players in and out rather than actually adding to it.

We’ve replaced Bradley (although as I said last night, I could see him coming back), we’ve hopefully upgraded on Chalmers and Salkeld wasn’t even in the plans anyway I don’t think. Another couple of additions in the right areas and I’ll be happy.