The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

On a different note- there's been a bit of debate on FB etc about ticket's after the update that Partick won't sell any at venue on the day, but Hamilton have a cash gate.   What's the current situation for our home games - can someone still turn up and pay cash for a ticket in club shop up until KO like they do at Dunfermline, or have we stopped that?

Edit-  and also- can you buy online tickets for a normal home league game right up until KO or do we have a cut off time?

Edited by Hursty

16 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Get excited every time I get a twitter notification. Always disappointed when it’s stuff like the au500- it is good news but not what I’m waiting on 😂

It's Good, But it's not right............

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

It does but the loan window remains open 

I'd imagine the bloke up training with us will be signing "imminently" if not already done so.

30 minutes ago, honestly united said:

and only the window for transfers closes, if someone is out of contract then we can sign them whenever

I think it's imperative that the guys we get in are coming in sooner rather than later, especially with Hamilton and Dunfermline coming up within the next 10 days plus the additional midweek games also.

We really can't afford to wait another 4 or 5 weeks for domestic loans as by that time it might be too late !!

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

We really can't afford to wait another 4 or 5 weeks for domestic loans as by that time it might be too late !!

I agree. I'd have immediately signed that former Bolton player, without trial. Maybe it's for Mathie and co to have a closer look before paying out money?

I'd like another striker personally. It's the only position (with Domley hopefully signing) that really needs strengthened.

Seriously, if Ayr don't sign another couple of players 😒 then it's another totally bollocked January window 🙄

IN: Gondoh, Dempsey, Bryden (and Domley pending) 

OUT: Chalmers, McGinty's singular annual game where he plays decent.

Need another to calm the nerves 😬

5 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Seriously, if Ayr don't sign another couple of players 😒 then it's another totally bollocked January window 🙄

IN: Gondoh, Dempsey, Bryden (and Domley pending) 

OUT: Chalmers, McGinty's singular annual game where he plays decent.

Need another to calm the nerves 😬

We've also lost Bradley, so if we acknowledge that Bryden is a great prospect and "one of our own" etc, the stark reality is that he's still a raw 17 year old being chucked straight in from the Academy and surely not one to be pinning our survival hopes on just yet !!

That means we're at net zero incomings plus have lost one of our best players in Bradley, one of our highest earners in Chalmers and from a position that we were already woefully short.

Gondoh has replaced Bradley and Dempsey has replaced Chalmers but that's it, plus we've lost Salkeld for the season so we're basically back to square one with no cover in Midfield and not much up top.

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been lost on Mathie & Glendinning, so like you said yourself earlier, I'd definitely expect another 2 to come in minimum, irrespective of whether we move anyone else on or not.

I'm also pretty sure that Comley is pretty much a done deal as VOR doesn't tend to tweet his material unless the club have given him the say so and given how well Mathie kept the Chalmers deal quiet, then I'd reckon our business with Comley will be already more or less completed.

I'd also be shocked if our guys aren't wheeling and dealing behind the scenes right now but just hope that we get them in sooner rather than later !!!