The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Sitting in the hub with a pint,  watching them coming out the front door of the club with a box full of their belongings. 

When do the tickets go on sale please? 

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Watching the NI league game on the Iplayer. Up pops the bold Roscoe. Had no idea he went to Linfield 

Team mates with Jack Ruddy, tells you the standard of the league over there. 

14 minutes ago, conley said:

The standard of that league will be greater than that of the Scottish Championship and Linfield are sitting top.

Not sure it is better than the Scottish Championship to be honest. Appreciate cup football isn't a great indicator of overall standard but we've beaten Linfield and Crusaders in the Challenge Cup in recent years. Both were close games and we were probably a better side then than we are now, but we were clearly the better side in both games. There's not much record of the Irish sides knocking Scottish Championship ones out.

19 minutes ago, conley said:

The standard of that league will be greater than that of the Scottish Championship and Linfield are sitting top.

A squad that contains Sam Roscoe, Jack Ruddy and Connor Pepper is of a better standard than the Scottish championship?

Edited by No_Problemo

43 minutes ago, conley said:

It's not great to be honest. I've been to a couple of matches and watch some of the live stuff. There are only 3 or 4 full-time teams and even that is a very recent development.

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Sounds like a "Derry" / "Londonderry" thing to me 🤣

😀 Not quite. A couple of years ago the Irish League changed its name to the Northern Irish Football League, or NIFL for short. That would have ruined my quip though.

Just to confuse things Derry City play in the League of Ireland whereas their current tenants, Institute, play in the NIFL. Can't be too many grounds hosting matches for competitions in different countries.

27 minutes ago, RedEd said:

😀 Not quite. A couple of years ago the Irish League changed its name to the Northern Irish Football League, or NIFL for short. That would have ruined my quip though.

Just to confuse things Derry City play in the League of Ireland whereas their current tenants, Institute, play in the NIFL. Can't be too many grounds hosting matches for competitions in different countries.

Yes, I remember many years ago when I was a youngster working for the Halifax as an MA I had to call NI based Solicitors offices regularly and I honestly thought that Derry and Londonderry were two separate places 🤣

It wasn't until later that I discovered it was all down to "what foot you kicked with" and that it was in fact the same place 🤣

"This place needs a stauncher name. What do you suggest?"

"Let's just put 'London' on the start'"

"Is that not a bit on the nose?"

"D'you have a problem with 'London'? What school did you even go to?"