The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 hours ago, rb123! said:
  • Chris Mochrie (CAM - Dundee United) 
  • Archie Meekison (CAM - Dundee United)
  • Connor Shields (ST - Motherwell)

Personally think we sould be looking to get any of those guys in on loan...

More likely we're looking at someone "unknown" to us again and can't say I'd be unhappy about that.

The fact Mathie had brokered this deal over 2 weeks back and that there was not even a whisper, makes me think that we've got plenty of irons in the fire that neither us nor the press have any clue about.

Let's be honest, it's so far, so good, however we ARE still back to net zero and we ARE still woefully short in Midfield so I'd expect another 2 still to come in but definitely another 1 CM whatever happens.

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

More likely we're looking at someone "unknown" to us again and can't say I'd be unhappy about that.

The fact Mathie had brokered this deal over 2 weeks back and that there was not even a whisper, makes me think that we've got plenty of irons in the fire that neither us nor the press have any clue about.

Let's be honest, it's so far, so good, however we ARE still back to net zero and we ARE still woefully short in Midfield so I'd expect another 2 still to come in but definitely another 1 CM whatever happens.

Time and patience, I get it has been a very long slog for us since McCall left so alot of us are pretty weary now. The reaction on here post St Mirren game showed just how scunnered people have become. Will be bitterly disappointed if this is us for the window but, I get a feeling we will start seeing bodies appear this week. Had heard that the money Chalmers was on could pay two players, and the fact we have received a chunk of change back as well hopefully allows us to get some deals over the line (or has lifted us to a higher market point.) 

Edited by Hawk89

5 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Time and patience, I get it has been a very long slog for us since McCall left so alot of us are pretty weary now. The reaction on here post St Mirren game showed just how scunnered people have become. Will be bitterly disappointed if this is us for the window but, I get a feeling we will start seeing bodies appear this week. Had heard that the money Chalmers was on could pay two players, and the fact we have received a chunk of change back as well hopefully allows us to get some deals over the line (or has lifted us to a higher market point.) 

I think it's mostly the style and lack of excitement that's scunnering us all.

Ayr have always played good football (or tried) and the galling thing about most of our defeats this season is that none of them were "unlucky" or left you feeling that "if only that shot had gone in " etc, etc, it's all utter pummelings where we all knew the writing was on the wall almost from the start and we all knew that we were unlikely to have many shots (if any) on goal, let alone actually scoring a couple of goals !!

Ironically, in the few games that we have given it a go, we have actually not only been good but VERY good, I'm thinking of Dundee United (Yes, even under Hopkin), Dunfermline at home, Hamilton away (very comfortable if not great) and the recent home match against Raith and I think that's what's so bloody frustrating about it all !!

57 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

I would reckon we will get another couple in before window closes 

I think we need to see at least three, given we are currently at net zero players in.

Assuming we lose Afolabi/he isn’t being seen as a viable option anyway then we need a striker, at least one central midfielder (as we only have two) and a competent centre half. 

I can see us having two in for the Accies game and then we’ll wait and see if anything becomes available in the last few days of the window. Maybe Liam Craig becomes a viable option or maybe someone else.

10 hours ago, rb123! said:
  • Chris Mochrie (CAM - Dundee United) 
  • Archie Meekison (CAM - Dundee United)
  • Connor Shields (ST - Motherwell)

Personally think we sould be looking to get any of those guys in on loan...

I think you can safely say if Motherwell were willing to let Shields out to the Championship (which they are not) then he'd almost certainly return here.

I still think it will be English based guys rather than the round the houses dross from up here. Not to mention the ones that aren't willing to travel an extra 30 or 40 miles !!

I keep saying it but the country is going backwards, it won't be long until we don't leave our own county as we become more insular and ignorant and head back towards Victorian times.

We're certainly heading down that road.