The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Hopefully this move puts to rest the idea from some folk that Dunfermline will just throw money at this and safely stay up. They are as bad if not worse than us and have an absolute impostor of a manager who’s recruitment record is shambolic. Paying actual Pounds Sterling for Joe Chalmers is mind blowing.

Edited by AyrAtlanta

Got to congratulate Mathie for getting cash for Joe, not the worst player I've ever seen but definitely a let down, his best game was up at Inverness last game of the season so thanks for that but did little else. 

Surely 2 midfielders and a striker, funny feeling Afalobi, Fjortoft might be getting engineered out aswell, could Bradley possibly come back from Hibs see they signed the ex Hearts boy Mitchell surely they'll splash some of the Boyle 3 million. 

Been looking at out of contract players like the saddo I am. Ryan Williams (was at Inverness not too long ago) anyone know anything about him?

Darron Gibson could fit in the midfield, could use Sean McGinty to get him signed*

*😂 

Think my first shout in Nattestad was my best 👍

38 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

No doubt he'll curl one in to the top corner from 30 yards when we play Dunfermline a week on Saturday.

Probably, just like McDaid and Zanatta did, but who cares as long as they're away. He had enough time to prove his worth.

44 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Probably, just like McDaid and Zanatta did, but who cares as long as they're away. He had enough time to prove his worth.

Just reading all these posts after work and I actually think I may be dreaming. We manage to bring in a midfielder (who knows what he'll be like), but we also managed to offload dross to a competitor. Chalmers can only make Dunfermline worse if he actually gets game time. If we are also really linked with Dorrans that can also only be an upgrade.

If the rest of the week is half as good as today then it's going to be a great one!

Just reading all these posts after work and I actually think I may be dreaming. We manage to bring in a midfielder (who knows what he'll be like), but we also managed to offload dross to a competitor. Chalmers can only make Dunfermline worse if he actually gets game time. If we are also really linked with Dorrans that can also only be an upgrade.
If the rest of the week is half as good as today then it's going to be a great one!
Wheres the Dorrans link? I'd be surprised to see him go as Yogi rates him as the best player in the league but I'd not be arsed if he did leave. Preferably not to fellow relegation candidates, right enough.

5 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
7 hours ago, rgreig said:

Wheres the Dorrans link? I'd be surprised to see him go as Yogi rates him as the best player in the league but I'd not be arsed if he did leave. Preferably not to fellow relegation candidates, right enough.

I don’t think there is any tangible link just someone’s wish list on here.

6 hours ago, rb123! said:
  • Chris Mochrie (CAM - Dundee United) 
  • Archie Meekison (CAM - Dundee United)
  • Connor Shields (ST - Motherwell)

Personally think we sould be looking to get any of those guys in on loan...

Would be surprised if Shields left Motherwell especially since it didn't sound like Watt will be replaced. Lee Erwin is a more realistic shout given he seems to sit on St Mirren's bench and never plays. Also with Hendry back at St Johnstone I assume Stevie May will be further down the pecking order. Although he's seemingly on decent money and I'm only suggesting him due to the Sheff Wed link as I doubt we could afford him and if we did he'd probably end up being another Sean Higgins.

6 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
8 hours ago, rgreig said:

Apparently we were signing a midfielder that everyone would know and that's when Dorrans name came up. Some people have since decided that the player in question was Liam Craig although I'm not sure if that was confirmed. Essentially nothing in it.