The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Hasn’t been much mentioned about Maxwell either.

Think Rangers want to keep him, The last I heard they were offering him a new deal but he is out of contract at the end of the season. 

If he leaves and they want to keep him, we'll need to pay a fee anyway. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Think Rangers want to keep him, The last I heard they were offering him a new deal but he is out of contract at the end of the season. 

If he leaves and they want to keep him, we'll need to pay a fee anyway. 

Think they just want to make sure he doesn't leave for free tbh.  

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Mathie has truly outdone himself with this one. 

To the Inverness poster who always talked about how shite Hughes’ recruitment was, I apologise - you were correct. 

Cue Chalmers being outstanding a week on Saturday!

Tbf to Chalmers. In the right team he would be a baller. A team scrapping at the tail end of the league can't carry a baller though. He's been little more than a passenger for 2 seasons with us. He should never be allowed to take set pieces though. He's dreadful at set pieces.

Just now, Trogdor said:

Is Salkeld not out with a long term injury? Not sure how he can be the next out the door.

He's out for the season with the ACL so unless he was a baller we were wanting to keep beyond this season it make sense to let him go. Hopefully we've covered the cost of his operation etc or it's a bit shitty of us to punt him out in the situation he's in with the injury. 

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Think they just want to make sure he doesn't leave for free tbh.  

Aye, I don't think he will be in the Rangers first team at any point but he does have the capability to play at a decent level. Like Huston I think there is a deal to be done, buyback clause or something like that. 

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Tbf to Chalmers. In the right team he would be a baller. A team scrapping at the tail end of the league can't carry a baller though. He's been little more than a passenger for 2 seasons with us. He should never be allowed to take set pieces though. He's dreadful at set pieces.

Agree with this. There's definitely a good player in there, he just didn't suit our system and isn't the type to carry the sh*te around him. Watch him go and perform weekly for Dunfermline now and help them avoid relegation at our expense.

We now need another CM.

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Is Salkeld not out with a long term injury? Not sure how he can be the next out the door.

I am not sure if we insure players, if he is out long term then possibly insurance is effectively paying out his contract and he is off the wage bill. 

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I’m not sure - he can be fantastic on the ball but you only see that side of him once every so often as well. He often looks like he can’t complete a simple pass. 

When we first signed him I thought I was going to love him, and I’m sure it was Morton away where he dictated things and made everything look so easy - but you rarely see it from him. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Aye, I don't think he will be in the Rangers first team at any point but he does have the capability to play at a decent level. Like Huston I think there is a deal to be done, buyback clause or something like that. 

Aye, Maxwell could definitely play for Stranraer or something like that.