The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

what's Joe chalmers like lads?

I’d say he probably does the same job as Dorrans but not as well. He’s very left footed and slow and doesn’t do well when he has to muck in and help out. He has had the odd good game for us but it’s very rare tbh.

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

what's Joe chalmers like lads?

On his day, which is about once a season, he is slightly above average. 

The majority of the time he hides or passes quickly to a defender marking an Ayr player. 

Ayr maybe wasn't the right fit for him and he turns out to be decent, played most of his career in the top half of the championship or the Premier so there is a player there. We just never saw it. 

Have we managed to rinse any cash off them for that as well or am I being too greedy?

That should in theory help get the rest of recruitment done as I believe he was one of the higher earners in that group of dross.

Just on the note of midfielders, do we have a timeframe for Mikey Hewitt coming back? I’ve no idea if we’ll go and sign another midfielder or not but if he’s coming back soon I’d like to see him involved.

1 minute ago, HMIP said:

What a strange move.  We are woefully short of midfield options and can’t imagine what Dunfermline see in him.  Hopefully there is a bigger picture here for us with more signings to come.

Like Bradley leaving, he barely played and when he did it was hardly ever 90 minutes. Which was frustrating because it often meant shoehorning in a player to play out of position who was equally as bad or worse.  

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d say he probably does the same job as Dorrans but not as well. He’s very left footed and slow and doesn’t do well when he has to muck in and help out. He has had the odd good game for us but it’s very rare tbh.

Think this is a fair summary. 

Doesn’t have the athleticism to consistently perform at this level. Possibly one decent game in ten or so. 

Amazed Dunfermline have taken him, I’m assuming we are getting another central midfielder in or we are back to only having two!

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Like Bradley leaving, he barely played and when he did it was hardly ever 90 minutes. Which was frustrating because it often meant shoehorning in a player to play out of position who was equally as bad or worse.  

Its not that I rate Chalmers, it’s just that we are so short of players even with Dempsey coming in.  If Murdoch gets injured, we are screwed.  I can only think there are more moves afoot, particularly if Chalmers was indeed one of our high earners.

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

But wait there's more. 

I’m going to Mexico tomorrow and no idea what the policy is these days of turning of for your flight gassed but if McGinty is off then I’ll be on the cans. I suspect it’ll more likely be Fjortoft if any of our centre backs go.

He obviously wasn't doing it at Dunfermline (who were a basket case) and same goes for Dorrans as far as I'm concerned.
The "names" sound good on paper but it's not the Dorrans or Watson of old, it's the washed up versions who are plying their trade at the bottom of the second tier in Scotland and failing, so it's No Thanks for me on both of them.
Let's be honest, if people were upset at us signing guys from Morton, then they should be even more annoyed if we were to have signed anyone from Dunfermline, especially ones who were being dropped from a Hellish side struggling at the bottom.
He got fired back around October for fucking off on holiday and breaking covid club rules I believe. Acted very unprofessionally in any case, probably Falkirk or Clyde deserve the c**t.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Just on the note of midfielders, do we have a timeframe for Mikey Hewitt coming back? I’ve no idea if we’ll go and sign another midfielder or not but if he’s coming back soon I’d like to see him involved.

Started to get some running done today , but think he is about at least 4/6 weeks away from playing