The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Good to see a new signing for the midfield as we badly needed something to strengthen it and give Murdoch some help.

Good to see there is an option to make it permanent if it works out for us as well.

Hope it works out and best of luck to the lad.

17 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

He obviously wasn't doing it at Dunfermline (who were a basket case) and same goes for Dorrans as far as I'm concerned.

The "names" sound good on paper but it's not the Dorrans or Watson of old, it's the washed up versions who are plying their trade at the bottom of the second tier in Scotland and failing, so it's No Thanks for me on both of them.

Let's be honest, if people were upset at us signing guys from Morton, then they should be even more annoyed if we were to have signed anyone from Dunfermline, especially ones who were being dropped from a Hellish side struggling at the bottom.

Difference is though that Dunfermline have been a basket case and players we know are very good at this level have been hopeless for them. 

A bit like Falkirk of a few years ago, who told us Mark Kerr was done, only for him to go on to be fantastic for four seasons! 

Difference is though that Dunfermline have been a basket case and players we know are very good at this level have been hopeless for them. 

A bit like Falkirk of a few years ago, who told us Mark Kerr was done, only for him to go on to be fantastic for four seasons! 
Did we really want someone who faked illness to go on his holidays in the club? I don't think that would have impressed Smith or Mathie mo matter how good he is.

14 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
27 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Did we really want someone who faked illness to go on his holidays in the club? I don't think that would have impressed Smith or Mathie mo matter how good he is.

If it meant no more McGinty then yes. 

To be perfectly honest, I don’t know enough about Watson to know whether he would be the type of CB we need - one that can defend as well as actually pass a ball competently. 

I can’t wait to see our starting side at the weekend, and see McGinty (C) 😂

Edited by No_Problemo

After Saturday, we need 3 new defenders and 3 midfielders, along with another forward as we have managed to upset the only one capable of scoring goals semi-regularly.

You are not seriously expecting us to sign 7 players in a January transfer window are you? On top of the most expensive squad we’ve ever assembled (aye right) where only the two loan players are likely to be moved off our wage bill? Bradley has obviously already gone and was recalled by Hibs as I understand it so presume we’d have kept him otherwise and I suspect Celtic are quite happy for Afolabi to continue warming our bench as on current evidence they’d struggle to get another club to take him to cut up their half time oranges let alone to lead their line.

I think we’re in the fortunate position that this Board/Smith has deep enough pockets to provide additional funds for some emergency resources to hopefully help us avoid the drop which I completely agree would be a disaster given the likely strength of Division One next year and the difficulty in bouncing straight back from that League. I think some posters are overestimating how deep those pockets actually are though even if he wanted to delve right down to their depths and in any event he strikes me as a man who wants the club to be self sufficient as far as possible although that might take a while to get the income streams in place.

I think a net 3 new faces would represent a very significant effort to avoid the drop and assuming Gondoh’s acquisition was to replace Bradley there will hopefully be another couple of arrivals to join Dempsey’s announcement today.

The comments about the manager are just wild. He’s inherited a squad that if football was a card game you’d fold your whole hand and ask for a fresh set of cards so to expect him to walk in and wave a magic wand and have us flying up the league is unrealistic. The fans of all his previous clubs have universally spoken highly of him and when he speaks he talks a lot of sense to my ears at least. His sole objective at the moment is to avoid relegation and to do that he needs to find a way of playing that this allows this group of players to hopefully make 8th place in the league and I expect that’s likely to be an unconvincing limp to 8th as it was last year.

On a lighter note I found this when looking for some of the shortest managerial reigns - think Rosenior’s 10 minutes might struggle to be beaten. Billy McKinlay has bounced back well - hadn’t noticed he was assistant as West Ham.

https://www.90min.com/posts/the-shortest-managerial-reigns-in-english-football-history-ranked/amp

Doran’s would be class signing in our side exactly what’s needed, the new boy is a holding midfielder so still light in attack and a bear of a centre half Jamie Adam’s esq please. If the coach doesent change his mind about Mcginty I fear the worse and I don’t think he will as he made him captain, playing bad enough but captain Jesus.

Doran’s would be class signing in our side exactly what’s needed, the new boy is a holding midfielder so still light in attack and a bear of a centre half Jamie Adam’s esq please. If the coach doesent change his mind about Mcginty I fear the worse and I don’t think he will as he made him captain, playing bad enough but captain Jesus.
He describes himself as a box to box midfielder looking at Charlton's under 23s he does pop up with a few goals albeit none in senor football (until Saturday)

42 minutes ago, Frosty said:

You are not seriously expecting us to sign 7 players in a January transfer window are you?

No

We need 7 players, we have 3 central midfielders at the club, Murdoch who is in the middle, Chalmers who has been played  sparingly, completely Dropped by Duffy, was one of the better players under Whyte and dropped by Bullen again and the new boy. We lose Murdoch to injury and we'd be as well calling the rest of the season.