The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Anyway, are we expecting an "imminent" today ? Or are we going to rattle off 2 or 3 at once to cheer us all up ?

Apart from this, was Liam Craig even a target ? I find this strange as if he has a coaching role at StJohnstone and they dont want him to leave plus he's still under contract, then surely neither ourselves or any of our "East coast" rivals were ever getting him anyway ???

His playing contract is up this May according to Transfermarket website  , St Johnstone not letting him go in this window , believe a few clubs enquired about him , St Johnstone have maybe talked about extending his contract 

Fingers crossed Dempsey will plug the majority of the hole in midfield, I still think we need a third assuming we have just given up on playing Chalmers consistently in the same position we will need at least another midfielder in. 
Young enough to develop and we can get a look at him Before making it permanent. Know nothing about him so no there is no pressure on him to perform and hopefully he hits the ground running.

A decent signing hopefully, spending that much time at Charlton encourages me that he comes with an excellent pedigree.

The number of decent players who've came through the youth setup at Charlton over the years proves the quality of players they produce. 

He's hopefully a player who can flourish with regular playing time and added responsibility. 

I'm really encouraged by this signing. 

Great to have that finally confirmed then, hopefully he hits the ground running on Saturday. Good that we have the option to make it permanent if he's a good fit. Seems to know Adeloye and Gondoh also.

I do like the description of him being box to box. I feel that's a trait that we have been desperate for and could be beneficial if Bullen ever decided to switch it up to some sort of 4-3-3?

Just glad to have another midfielder in, finally.

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We won’t be signing Paul Watson . He’s signed an 18 month deal with Falkirk. 

He obviously wasn't doing it at Dunfermline (who were a basket case) and same goes for Dorrans as far as I'm concerned.

The "names" sound good on paper but it's not the Dorrans or Watson of old, it's the washed up versions who are plying their trade at the bottom of the second tier in Scotland and failing, so it's No Thanks for me on both of them.

Let's be honest, if people were upset at us signing guys from Morton, then they should be even more annoyed if we were to have signed anyone from Dunfermline, especially ones who were being dropped from a Hellish side struggling at the bottom.

13 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Great to have that finally confirmed then, hopefully he hits the ground running on Saturday. Good that we have the option to make it permanent if he's a good fit. Seems to know Adeloye and Gondoh also.

I do like the description of him being box to box. I feel that's a trait that we have been desperate for and could be beneficial if Bullen ever decided to switch it up to some sort of 4-3-3?

Just glad to have another midfielder in, finally.

Wouldn't read much into that as it's the equivalent of Joe Chalmers signing and saying he knows Andy Murdoch from playing against him. Even the Adeloye and Gondoh partnership has been made out to be more than it is as they haven't played together before now.

I think to go 4-3-3 we'd need another more attacking CM in as looking at Dempsey's stats he doesn't seem like a goal scoring midfield. Hopefully a left footed CB and a ST are next on the list.  

I think we’ll end up with another two coming in. Probably a striker and a centre back and if that was the case I’d be quite happy with our business.

We’ll probably have to offload a couple just to balance the books but we aren’t short of players to let go. Any from Chalmers, McGinty, Fjortoft, Afolabi would do me fine.