The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

25 minutes ago, .buzzy01 said:

Just got back from the pub with my Charlton supporting friend. Dempsey can play but his game  is mainly based in the centre circle and spreading pssses around. Sounds just what we need, in that someone who  can put his foot on The ball. But who knows, only time will tell. 

That's EXACTLY what we need as Chalmers has been a yard off it and his distribution pretty horrific to say the least.

16 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Morton have improved massively since appointing Imrie, whether that’s down to the new manager bounce or not remains to be seen but if it isn’t then I fully expect them to go on and overtake us. Dunfermline will chuck cash at it and should be alright 

The only team I can realistically see us finishing above unless we get at least 3 players in is QOTS and even that isn’t guaranteed as they looked mikes ahead us of at Palmerston. 

The should have been 3 or 4 down at h/t against Killie and who knows what would have happened last week had Adeloye put us 1-0 up.

They've certainly improved but as I say so had we up until the Morton game and yesterday.

It's a very puzzling league with almost every side very inconsistent, I'd still hope that if we get Dempsey and another attacking midfielder / Forward, then we might just be ok.

Dempsey is now edging closer to another departure to get some more minutes under his belt in Scotland.

Fresh challenge

Ayr will be a fresh challenge for him and an opportunity to get some game time between now and the end of the campaign in a different league.

They are currently 7th in the league table after a steady first-half of the season and are the home to former Football League players like Cameron Salkeld, Sean McGinty and Patrick Reading.

ZYKES !!!!!

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

They are currently 7th in the league table after a steady first-half of the season and are the home to former Football League players like Cameron Salkeld, Sean McGinty and Patrick Reading.

Steady is not how I would describe our first half of the season. 🤣

That's been written by someone who knows f**k all about Ayr or the Scottish Championship.

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Steady is not how I would describe our first half of the season. 🤣

That's been written by someone who knows f**k all about Ayr or the Scottish Championship.

Could be anyone in the Scottish Media then........

One thing that concerns me the most about getting relegated (if) is where’s the cash coming from to pay Mathie etc? Apart from the fact that league 1 will be extremely difficult to get back out of these guys will be on big money comparatively speaking and the drop in revenue could be catastrophic in that regard. Obviously I’m hoping it doesn’t come to that and it’s a wee bit away but still concerning all the same.

I'm still on the fence about going to the Hamilton game just now. I really hope we have at least 2 new players by then. I'd also like us to make at least 1 signing that's proven at this level. I am getting a smidge disillusioned with recruitment tbqh. I'm all for bringing in young players and giving them a chance akin to Ndaba, Kelly, Doohan etc. However, we need experience as well. Particularly given the scrap we're going to be in to the end of the season. This season is shaping up to be a bigger binfire than last season.

Edit - also concerned about how we are trying to play. Bullen gets the benefit of the doubt as he's trying to work out his best system and best 11. However, I have to go back to Kerr as being the last manager who you could say had a style and system he wanted the team to play. Hopkin had a style tbf to him but it was tragically shite.

Edited by Trogdor

21 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm still on the fence about going to the Hamilton game just now. I really hope we have at least 2 new players by then. I'd also like us to make at least 1 signing that's proven at this level. I am getting a smidge disillusioned with recruitment tbqh. I'm all for bringing in young players and giving them a chance akin to Ndaba, Kelly, Doohan etc. However, we need experience as well. Particularly given the scrap we're going to be in to the end of the season. This season is shaping up to be a bigger binfire than last season.

Edit - also concerned about how we are trying to play. Bullen gets the benefit of the doubt as he's trying to work out his best system and best 11. However, I have to go back to Kerr as being the last manager who you could say had a style and system he wanted the team to play. Hopkin had a style tbf to him but it was tragically shite.

I don’t disagree with all you’ve said but I think the Hamilton game is going to be crucial to our season so I suspect I’ll be there.

4 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I don’t disagree with all you’ve said but I think the Hamilton game is going to be crucial to our season so I suspect I’ll be there.

I suspect I'll be there as well. I'm having a wobble just now though. The performance yesterday annoyed me quite a bit. I expected us to lose. I just expected us to make a game of it. We really didn't and the game was done after 25 mins. Most frustrating.

We went in to this window knowing we needed wholesale changes and so far have one in and none out. We have heard hopefully 4 in, we lost two and now we are hearing hopefully another two. 

When a new manager comes in you hope for a new mindset and a potential reset of some of the players, none of that has happened in the last two managerial changes. 

I have real concerns for the rest of the season, If Bullen had spoken to anyone at the club who had watched us this season, they would have told him not to set up the way he has because it has not worked all season. 

This has been the most frustrating time for me as an Ayr fan, watching us continually shoot ourselves in the foot. 

17 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We went in to this window knowing we needed wholesale changes and so far have one in and none out. We have heard hopefully 4 in, we lost two and now we are hearing hopefully another two. 

Technically it's one out since Bradley is away since the window opened. Also despite him not being good, with Salkeld confirmed this month as out for the season that's another body we're down (suppose some may count Bryden as an extra player but it's still not a signing). 

That's a couple of times now Bullen's spoke about wanting player turnover to be low going forward to allow the club to implement a philosophy / game model which is a concern as the club needs a hard reset in the summer.   

I wonder in what way Bryden doesn't count as a new signing. He was playing for the u18s and has recently become part of the first team. He wasn't part of it before Christmas.

As for my Kent Brockman style 'My Two Cents', too many folk define our season, past, present and future, by our last result. It's ok to be concerned but predicting relegation because we lost to a team from the Premiership is ridiculous. And before anyone points out previous poor performances, I refer you to the general mood after beating Arbroath and Raith.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

When a new manager comes in you hope for a new mindset and a potential reset of some of the players, none of that has happened in the last two managerial changes. 

I have real concerns for the rest of the season, If Bullen had spoken to anyone at the club who had watched us this season, they would have told him not to set up the way he has because it has not worked all season. 

This has been the most frustrating time for me as an Ayr fan, watching us continually shoot ourselves in the foot. 

The January Transfer Window has been a complete shambles so far. We’ve lost a player who most of our fans rated and replaced him with an unknown. He may turn out to be decent but it remains to be seen

At the start of the window I was of the opinion that we needed 3 new players as a bare minimum and also replace any player that leaves. It’s looking highly unlikely this is going to happen. 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

I prefer the stepping on an upturned rake analogy myself.

season 5 GIF

Aye this is the correct amount of idiocy at Somerset this season.  Mad how obvious it all was in May. 

6 minutes ago, RedEd said:

I wonder in what way Bryden doesn't count as a new signing. He was playing for the u18s and has recently become part of the first team. He wasn't part of it before Christmas.

As for my Kent Brockman style 'My Two Cents', too many folk define our season, past, present and future, by our last result. It's ok to be concerned but predicting relegation because we lost to a team from the Premiership is ridiculous. And before anyone points out previous poor performances, I refer you to the general mood after beating Arbroath and Raith.

Nah, you simply cannot class a player who has been promoted from the academy as a new signing.