The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, rgreig said:

It says "subject to a medical" which made me think it is a signing rather than a loan? (But to be fair for all I know it could be standard practice to do medicals for loans too, I just assumed that was not the case).

A medical gets done regardless of whether it’s a loan or a permanent. 

My pendantry is coming to the fore here. It's not 5 games in the next 2 weeks. Unless I've lost a fixture:
Jan 29th Hamilton (A) 
Feb 1st Partick (A)
Feb 5th Dunfermline (H)
Wed 9th Kilmarnock (A)
After the Killie game there is a 10 day break before Inverness (A).
We should probably try to move the Killie game to the weekend tbh as we're both out the Scottish Cup.

Not good, lads. What about the boys you were getting from Burnley? Just to let you know, although we fell short at the end, the best Killie performance I’ve seen for a long time. The quality of the game reminded me of what we’re missing by being in this sh1tty wee league with you. Don’t know how you’ve stood it for forty years. Fair play to you.

That run of games gives we have gives me the fear. Absolutely vital that in the games against Hamilton and Dunfermline that we get at least 4 points. With Morton improving after punting their dinosaur manager I'm struggling to find 2 teams that could realiably be worse than us.

Kilmarnock would probably agree to move the fixture to a weekend I'd guess but would the SPFL agree to another move seeing as it was moved once?

Is there a realistic chance that the Kilmarnock game could be moved to Saturday 12th February, given it's already been moved once?

When I read a suggestion of it yesterday my first reaction was "There's no chance", but I have no clue how these processes work and what the likelihood of it succeeding usually is?

During the summer I remember really wishing that there would be at least 1 derby game at 3pm on a Saturday, as I assumed 2/3 would be on the TV. 

Surely most fans from both sides would jump at the chance of a 3pm kick off on a Saturday?

7 minutes ago, Acrapplied said:

Is there a realistic chance that the Kilmarnock game could be moved to Saturday 12th February, given it's already been moved once?

When I read a suggestion of it yesterday my first reaction was "There's no chance", but I have no clue how these processes work and what the likelihood of it succeeding usually is?

During the summer I remember really wishing that there would be at least 1 derby game at 3pm on a Saturday, as I assumed 2/3 would be on the TV. 

Surely most fans from both sides would jump at the chance of a 3pm kick off on a Saturday?

Talk of our abandoned game against Dunfermline going ahead on the 12th.

Just now, Killiefan said:

Talk of our abandoned game against Dunfermline going ahead on the 12th.

Ah ok, so if you already have another fixture to fit in as well, then the chances of the derby being on the 12th will be virtually zero then I would imagine. A real pity. 

11 minutes ago, Acrapplied said:

I don't think there's any doubt it WOULD be moved if both clubs asked for it and had free Saturdays AND neither had any other carrying fixture that could be fitted in there. Given that Kilmarnock do have one then I'd think it will be going in that slot unless Dunfermline have another game to fit instead (but I think they played that one this week).

22 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I don't think there's any doubt it WOULD be moved if both clubs asked for it and had free Saturdays AND neither had any other carrying fixture that could be fitted in there. Given that Kilmarnock do have one then I'd think it will be going in that slot unless Dunfermline have another game to fit instead (but I think they played that one this week).

We have just have the abandoned tie vs Killie to play. Would make sense to play it that weekend.

Edited by parsforlife

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I thought I read somewhere that he had signed a long term deal with Charlton. So if I’m right I would expect a loan deal.

Like D’Jaffo says any other article I’ve seen says it’s a loan. 

2 hours ago, Oceanlineayr said:

That run of games gives we have gives me the fear. Absolutely vital that in the games against Hamilton and Dunfermline that we get at least 4 points. With Morton improving after punting their dinosaur manager I'm struggling to find 2 teams that could realiably be worse than us.

Kilmarnock would probably agree to move the fixture to a weekend I'd guess but would the SPFL agree to another move seeing as it was moved once?

My killie supporting friend reminded me this afternoon their abandoned game against Dunfermline has yet to be rescheduled. Most likely getting put on the Scottish Cup weekend

Just got back from the pub with my Charlton supporting friend. Dempsey can play but his game  is mainly based in the centre circle and spreading pssses around. Sounds just what we need, in that someone who  can put his foot on The ball. But who knows, only time will tell. 

1 hour ago, United1973 said:

We are going down boys the team is absolutely honking . Anyone says otherwise needs to get a grip . Half that team needs away and replaced 

They are, however given that there's three other sides below us then they have quite obviously been even more "honking" than ourselves, so maybe still a tad early to chuck the towel in I'd say.....

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

They are, however given that there's three other sides below us then they have quite obviously been even more "honking" than ourselves, so maybe still a tad early to chuck the towel in I'd say.....

I’ll wait and see how many we sign as other clubs seem able to attract players to there clubs 

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Morton have improved massively since appointing Imrie, whether that’s down to the new manager bounce or not remains to be seen but if it isn’t then I fully expect them to go on and overtake us. Dunfermline will chuck cash at it and should be alright 

The only team I can realistically see us finishing above unless we get at least 3 players in is QOTS and even that isn’t guaranteed as they looked mikes ahead us of at Palmerston. 

2 hours ago, Oceanlineayr said:

It's all a snapshot in time as the same was no doubt being said about ourselves after our back to back wins against Raith and Arbroath only a couple of weeks ago.

As for teams worse than ourselves, I don't think we need look any further than the 3 currently below us and the one immediately above us is far from safe either.

The new defensive Midfielder COULD make a huge difference to the whole dynamic and the fact he played almost all of last season in the 5th tier would say he should be fine at our level and also has 4 Championship appearances and a new contract at Charlton under his belt, which is of course miles ahead of our level.

We just need to keep the faith but I totally agree that the next few matches (especially Hamilton and Dunfermline) could pretty much define our season, so just hoping that we get another body in soon and hopefully someone with a bit of quality and a few goals in them.

There will be lots of excitement in this run in, of that I'm sure, but we just need to stick together, support our team and hope that we manage to grab a chair as the music stops playing.