The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah I couldn’t really tell at the time what was going on at the first. There seemed to be one St Mirren player and about four of us and we still lost the header.

The second one is just a classic McGinty clearance to the other team which leaves him out of position and Kiltie runs straight through. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one of his clearances be used to start an attack or relieve the pressure on us. Generally is either goes out of play or helps the other team.

Yeah - his distribution is one of his worst attributes. The second goal also showed the gaping holes in the centre of our midfield. If Bullen wants to play a more possession based style, it just isn’t possible with a pairing of McGinty and Baird.

We try it for ten minutes, and look decent. The opposition then put them under the tiniest bit of pressure, and they punt it in any direction for the rest of the game as we get deeper and deeper, and the guys up front become isolated. Another central midfielder to drop into positions and take the ball might help, but there are so many times that Andy Murdoch in space is completely ignored as they are in panic mode. I think I’m back to the point where a centre half is a must. 

10 hours ago, motley123rock said:

I can , do we have the budget for 3 more players ? It’s ok shouting we need X amount of players but is the cash there ?? No one will want any of our players for a swap deal. 
I hope I’m wrong but somehow getting through to the end of the season without being binned into the 1st div seems to be the plan. 

I’d argue can we afford not to get 3 players in? Without getting a CB, CM and Striker in we’re almost certainly going down. We also need the Adeloye situation resolved asap.

The quotes of we might get 1/2 in is very worrying. I hope it’s just a case of the club understating as a negotiation tool. 

As long as we find at least two midfielders so we can at least drop Muirhead back to central defence, get McGinty tae f and put some players in midfield who can supply Adeloye. Bullen has his hands tied as he is working with the dross Hopkin signed and until that problem is solved we can't really judge him. However, I am fed up seeing opponents have all the time in the world to put in a cross, while the supposed central defenders contrive to neither attack the cross nor mark opposition players in the box. Every sodding week. Our defending has been atrocious all season.

3 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I seriously can’t see Bullen dropping his captain. He has stood by him since to came in and I would be very surprised to see him ditched now.

This, Muirhead in defence is like some mythical figure.  He played there yesterday and was trash. 

This, Muirhead in defence is like some mythical figure.  He played there yesterday and was trash. 

This always happens, and I’m guilty of it myself but the more a player doesn’t play the better he becomes. I really thought we’d improve with him back in defence but it’s not made a difference.

5 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I seriously can’t see Bullen dropping his captain. He has stood by him since to came in and I would be very surprised to see him ditched now.

After being told no-one is undroppable and watching Tomi get benched for 'not giving 100%' I would seriously question Bullen's judgement if McGinty continues to start games. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

This always happens, and I’m guilty of it myself but the more a player doesn’t play the better he becomes. I really thought we’d improve with him back in defence but it’s not made a difference.

It's not made a difference because we played a back 3. Every time we have played a back 3 we've been slaughtered. The players aren't capable of it.

Muirhead isn't Nesta but he's not a consistent bombscare.

Also, I'm pretty sure statistically speaking our best defence last season was Muirhead and Roscoe (pre Ndaba joining). Yet we continually played Baird who was costing us goals. Baird has improved considerably from last season.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Muirhead is far better than McGinty, but certainly isn’t the answer to all our problems. I don’t think I would judge anything on that shambles of a first thirty set up either!

47 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Article mentions we have 5 games in the next 2 weeks. Not what we really need at this stage.

My pendantry is coming to the fore here. It's not 5 games in the next 2 weeks. Unless I've lost a fixture:

Jan 29th Hamilton (A) 

Feb 1st Partick (A)

Feb 5th Dunfermline (H)

Wed 9th Kilmarnock (A)

After the Killie game there is a 10 day break before Inverness (A).

We should probably try to move the Killie game to the weekend tbh as we're both out the Scottish Cup.

3 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I think so- anytime I see a post from him I just scroll past. He’s always spouting shite and can’t spell a players name 

Oh do f**k off you pompous little dickhead ...

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Other sites were saying loan so I presume that’s what it is.

It says "subject to a medical" which made me think it is a signing rather than a loan? (But to be fair for all I know it could be standard practice to do medicals for loans too, I just assumed that was not the case).