The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

So here we are (if my count is correct) with 15 games to go . Six home games and nine away . Wow that is a tough run in   . If we are only bringing in only one or two on top of .Gandoh they had better be decent and they better be motivated . In short we need Drinan’s and Doohan’s rather than Anderson’s and Afalabi’s . Hopefully our recent history of brining guys up from England and getting performances out of them will continue .  So let’s try and be positive about the high possibility of Ben Dempsey coming in next week . Apparently he’s the holding midfielder we’ve been waiting on . This one move will get Aero back to his best position and probably McGinty out the team . Rumours are there is a second loan coming up from England , forward ? Or another midfielder ? Dunno . Either would be welcome .

So Accies away on Saturday on 4G . Must give O’Conner 90 mins , same for Tomi regardless of any alleged strop ! Tomi and his goals might just be the key to our survival .  Actually tempted to stick Gondoh up top with him for an hour . Murdoch and the new boy in the centre and Maxwell on the other flank if need be . Three points on Saturday would be massive .... so all aboard , it’s going to be bumpy and games will run our pretty quick .....

5 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

And if we had 3 Tam Taits we’d be in top four

I'd stick him in midfield. Exactly the type of player we need. I remember his debut at Morton when one of the first things he did was pull the hair out of some wee guy in their midfields leg. He jumped a few feet 🤣

29 minutes ago, North British said:

So here we are (if my count is correct) with 15 games to go . Six home games and nine away . Wow that is a tough run in   . If we are only bringing in only one or two on top of .Gandoh they had better be decent and they better be motivated . In short we need Drinan’s and Doohan’s rather than Anderson’s and Afalabi’s . Hopefully our recent history of brining guys up from England and getting performances out of them will continue .  So let’s try and be positive about the high possibility of Ben Dempsey coming in next week . Apparently he’s the holding midfielder we’ve been waiting on . This one move will get Aero back to his best position and probably McGinty out the team . Rumours are there is a second loan coming up from England , forward ? Or another midfielder ? Dunno . Either would be welcome .

So Accies away on Saturday on 4G . Must give O’Conner 90 mins , same for Tomi regardless of any alleged strop ! Tomi and his goals might just be the key to our survival .  Actually tempted to stick Gondoh up top with him for an hour . Murdoch and the new boy in the centre and Maxwell on the other flank if need be . Three points on Saturday would be massive .... so all aboard , it’s going to be bumpy and games will run our pretty quick .....

Do you just try to get almost every player’s name wrong or are you really that dim?

7 hours ago, Hursty said:

It's an Ayr Utd loan signing in January - he is probably going to be absolutely garbage and will start 3 or 4 games max between now and May.  

C’mon. Ndaba last season and Drinan the season before worked out fine.

5 hours ago, bazka6 said:

Awesome. We might have our lot then.

"We might get one, maybe two in over the next week or so.

1 or 2? Surely that's not right.

It's going to be a long hard slog to seasons end. The imbalance of home and away games remaining is a worry as well. We have the worst away record in the league.

We average 1.33 points per home game (16 points from 12 games)

We average 0.55 points per away game (5 points from 9 games)

Continue at that strike rate and we're due 8 points from our 6 remaining home games and 5 points from our 9 away games. That's 13 points on the 21 points we have got already. So 34 points total. We'd be relegated.

I am getting a very ominous feeling about this season. The Hamilton (away) and Dunfermline (home) are absolutely massive six pointers. Reinforcements are required as this squad don't do six pointers. 

There doesn't seem to be any sort of urgency regarding getting bodies in. Mind blowing considering how bad this squad is. Now we're looking at 1 or 2? How anyone with eyes can look at this squad and think we're 1 or 2 players away from being competitive is beyond me.

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

1 or 2? Surely that's not right.

It's going to be a long hard slog to seasons end. The imbalance of home and away games remaining is a worry as well. We have the worst away record in the league.

We average 1.33 points per home game (16 points from 12 games)

We average 0.55 points per away game (5 points from 9 games)

Continue at that strike rate and we're due 8 points from our 6 remaining home games and 5 points from our 9 away games. That's 13 points on the 21 points we have got already. So 34 points total. We'd be relegated.

I am getting a very ominous feeling about this season. The Hamilton (away) and Dunfermline (home) are absolutely massive six pointers. Reinforcements are required as this squad don't do six pointers. 

A recruitment of net two players in at the end of January would be pretty pathetic. I’m hoping it meant one or two before the Hamilton game...

At the moment only Queens recrtuiment has been worse than ours, the next week or so is huge. 

11 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

There doesn't seem to be any sort of urgency regarding getting bodies in. Mind blowing considering how bad this squad is. Now we're looking at 1 or 2? How anyone with eyes can look at this squad and think we're 1 or 2 players away from being competitive is beyond me.

I think it's 1 or 2 not to be competitive but which would simply able us to survive this season. which is cutting it pretty close and a dangerous game to play. Especially so if Dunfermline splash the cash, Morton keep up their decent form and QOS pull out some miracle signings.

If we were to take away the piss poor performance yesterday and say, theoretically, we qualified for the next round via miracles and planets aligning etc....

Would playing Kelty Hearts be harder than St. mirren?

Always annoys me that it's always a lower league team in the round after we get put out a cup 😒

Guess we should really just focus fully on the league.

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

If we were to take away the piss poor performance yesterday and say, theoretically, we qualified for the next round via miracles and planets aligning etc....

Would playing Kelty Hearts be harder than St. mirren?

Always annoys me that it's always a lower league team in the round after we get put out a cup 😒

Guess we should really just focus fully on the league.

It we wouldn’t have been st mirrens number and the whole draw would have been numbered differently so would have drawn someone else 

2 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Has anyone managed to successfully watch the highlights? Have got half way three times now, most of the time it doesn’t work at all.

Worked for me.

For all the slagging McGinty is getting for the first goal, Reading’s “stand back and watch the attacker get a free header” act has gone very under the radar.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Worked for me.

For all the slagging McGinty is getting for the first goal, Reading’s “stand back and watch the attacker get a free header” act has gone very under the radar.

Yeah, that one is primarily on Reading - two weeks in a row he has cost us goals. 

McGinty plays a large part in the second though. 

Yeah, that one is primarily on Reading - two weeks in a row he has cost us goals. 
McGinty plays a large part in the second though. 

Yeah I couldn’t really tell at the time what was going on at the first. There seemed to be one St Mirren player and about four of us and we still lost the header.

The second one is just a classic McGinty clearance to the other team which leaves him out of position and Kiltie runs straight through. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one of his clearances be used to start an attack or relieve the pressure on us. Generally is either goes out of play or helps the other team.