The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The new manager deserves a chance to prove himself with his team, he’s working with Hopkins team and it was poor.

that’s what we said about Duffy

so far we have a net player count of 0, we lost Bradley and gained Gandoh.

We have lost Salkeld for the season and could lose Afolabi and Maxwell while Adeloye is apparently in the huff.

if we don’t get players in, someone has failed badly and we will go down, regardless of Bullen being a genius/clown 

9 minutes ago, flood said:

Would you not prefer the chance to attend match, than play with 500 home fans?

As the OP says, the only advantage here is for Kilmarnock and not for Ayr United. At the time I also believed that the COVID restrictions would continue on for longer than they have.

Will tickets for Ayr fans be released again soon? 

1 minute ago, Shibuya said:

As the OP says, the only advantage here is for Kilmarnock and not for Ayr United. At the time I also believed that the COVID restrictions would continue on for longer than they have.

Will tickets for Ayr fans be released again soon? 

They are on sale now

This last 18 months has been incredibly subdued at Somerset Park - we have had a few big games where the fans are just totally flat from the off, the traditional raucous atmosphere just hasn't been there and we've been drowned out by away supporters. There is an air of resignation from kick-off and you just know that as soon we go a goal down we are not coming back. I would love to see the statistics on 'come back wins' since McCall left us.

We started brightly enough today but once Houston headed the ball straight Tanser (I think) you just knew the ball was going in to our box and McGinty would do his thing and let them score. Game over!

We BADLY need some experienced and decent pros in the middle of the pitch as this team is a currently a collection of absolute haddies. 

16 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We’re genuinely so fucked if GPS trackers are being used as a serious measurement of how hard players are working. 

Must be of some use as nearly every professional team use them , these things give so much more information than physical stats , they  show where you were on the pitch at any given time  during the game , good for analysis and helping players develop and learn 

9 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Must be of some use as nearly every professional team use them , these things give so much more information than physical stats , they  show where you were on the pitch at any given time  during the game , good for analysis and helping players develop and learn 

I’m more interested in us trying to actually make an impact in this window and get the 3 more players (minimum) signed. 

In terms of the GPS stuff, it obviously has a place but isn’t for comparing players with completely different positions and profiles. I would imagine it is being used in the right manner, and Adeloye was dropped for a perceived poor performance last weekend. I don’t agree, but hopefully Bullen has learned from this mistake. 

19 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

You could have a player running 20k every game chasing balls played 10m either side of him. He’s not going to score any goals and we’re not going to win any football matches.

You have to play to your strengths and that isn’t defence., playing one up front, who is a goal hanger and expecting them to chase speculative balls all afternoon is doomed to failure. Unless they can hold the ball up and lay it off to support players. We  don’t do that, it is won by the defence and fired somewhere in the same postcode as Adeloye or Moffat. They have lost it by the time support players have started to move.

the whole thing stinks and needs changed.  

It's 1/2 signings we're getting now, number seems to be shrinking with every passing week....

Anyway, the 2nd half of this season is going to be the exact same as last season, a fucking shitfest with majority of results shit with the odd good moment and everyone praying to god we somehow scrape over the line to 8th.

Hopkin has built this jobber of a team which probably only he could somehow manage to get something out if in his weird ways, Duffy spent 3 months trying to work out our best team and still couldn't get it right so not sure what chance Bully has.

I do think with the squad we have a 3/4/3 would suit us best but only if we can get Paul Watson in at the back, anything else is suicidal, didn't see the game today but going by what i've heard for the first goal it's carbon copy of last week with a cross coming in and someone having a free header from 6 yards out which backs that up.

Situation with Adeloye is the last thing we need, cannot afford to fall out with literally our ONLY SOURCE OF GOALS however it's clear all is not well with the social media stuff including liking some random fans post of critiscing not starting Adeloye and our style of play.

Alarm bells are ringing for me at the fact we're plowing on with all this fantastic stuff off the park but the on park is rotten and the viewpoint seems to be it's not that bad and can be patched up with just a few signings to tide us over until the end of the season. Also that McGinty seems to have managed to brainwash everyone at the club into thinking he's the messiah to all our savours when in fact he's contributing to the issues at the back. I'm not saying Baird or Muirhead are perfect either, far from it but he's definately not head and shoulders above anyone else.

May god have mercy on our souls is all i can say

What's happening with Afalobi??

Back in the squad today but warming the bench yet again and a 17 year old is getting on ahead of him, atm he's stealing a wage which we seriously need to use instead on trying to get in another striker who actually wants to be here and try. 

2 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Despite the score, The boyo had a Fantastic day today. His first time at a football game and, of course, he had a million questions 😂

He definitely wants to go back to Somerset and more than anything, see an Ayr goal. We toured Somerset park during the game because he "only has wee legs and can't stand too long" (Despite him dangling from the terracing railing for the majority)so we had to get a seat 😅

He loved seeing the team in real life, singing the songs and the atmosphere. Knows that another day, the score would be better 😊👍

Above all, he loved the Panda 😂 His eyes lit up as soon as he saw him 😂

Overall, I think we have another Honest man in the making and one very proud and happy daddy😊👍

PHOTO_COLLAGE1642879515255.png

Ooft 

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

Should have said Hello 😊👍

We visited McDonalds and went a wander downtown and back before the game. We literally got the 10 o'clock train from troon as he was that excited for the game 😂

No idea it was you until you posted pics of the lad 😂

Nice to hear he was excited for his first game. Just a shame we couldnt get the win for him