The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Tomi is a match winner. Pure and simple, he can create something out of nothing. Expecting him to cover the same distance as Reading would be mad.

A team needs a mix of talent and ability. You have your Jamie Adams who will run through walls; Paddy Reading who runs up and down the wing all day and Adeloye who will put it in the net. 

It's why guys like Gary Harkins have done so well at certain clubs. You have to carry them to get the best out of them. I think Tomi is a bit like that tbh.

17 minutes ago, Toepoker said:

I suspect that Adeloye doesn't come out very well from the data produced by the GPS tags that players wear each game and the manager uses as a measure of performance. It's possible that either Adeloye will get less match time or he will start to cover more ground during games to justify his place.

100% thus , Bullen asked all player to at least give 100% effort when on pitch and at training 

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Tomi is a match winner. Pure and simple, he can create something out of nothing. Expecting him to cover the same distance as Reading would be mad.

A team needs a mix of talent and ability. You have your Jamie Adams who will run through walls; Paddy Reading who runs up and down the wing all day and Adeloye who will put it in the net. 

It's why guys like Gary Harkins have done so well at certain clubs. You have to carry them to get the best out of them. I think Tomi is a bit like that tbh.

Yeah - I honestly couldn’t give a f**k what his GPS stats are, or how he trains. 

In an ideal world, we would have a pressing buzzbomb up front, who can also act as a focal point and score goals. Tomi does the latter two, and with the right support can cause centre halves all sorts of issues. Get the best out of him, don’t try to make him something he isn’t FFS. 

Most of our side try but they are fucking dreadful. The best managers get the best out of different kind of players. 

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Not been asked to do the same as any other player , each player has targets and if any player is way off them then action needs taken , there’s more to being a football player than 90 minutes on a Saturday 

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

I don’t mention discipline breach anywhere in my post ! His work rate against Morton was no where near where it needed to be , and the stats clearly show that 

You alluded to it with your "follow the same rules" quote. I suppose it is beguiling for ITK types to hint at more than they do actually know - just don't be so defensive when you're caught out.

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

100% thus , Bullen asked all player to at least give 100% effort when on pitch and at training 

Jesus wept. Not long ago Mick McCardle was getting it tight for having a laptop. Different strokes I guess

Adeloye joined as a big lump up front who we could shell long balls to, after 3 games it was apparent that he was a penalty box forward that needed the ball worked to him, his goals have all came from a combined 10 yards.

playing him as a lone forward expecting him to do a lot of running isn’t his game, play Afolabi if you want that. If not, have a system that supports him. 
Adeloye is limited but Bullen has made him 10 times worse with the way he is setting up. 

Edited by diegomarahenry

5 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Not been asked to do the same as any other player , each player has targets and if any player is way off them then action needs taken , there’s more to being a football player than 90 minutes on a Saturday 

Evidently, McGinty retains his spot despite being awful for 90 mins every Saturday. He has been atrocious in all but 2 games he's played all season. He must be puting in a fucking monster shift in training.

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

Edited by Trogdor

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Getting the best out of him for ninety minutes on a Saturday is literally the only thing that matters until the end of the season though. How that is achieved doesn’t matter, as we are fucked without his input. For example, McKenzie could replace him and run about with little effect for the rest of the season. 

Unless our recruitment department can find a striker who can score, be a focal point and press effectively from the front then we need to work with Tomi to get him playing on a Saturday. Given how hard it is to get a goal scorer alone at this level, I would be impressed if they managed to find that!

36 minutes ago, Hursty said:

If he has had some sort of discipline breach as you are suggesting

Just to be clear here: we're discussing a situation where a player is allegedly expressing his dissatisfaction with the club through social media, so some c**t who is literally on the club's staff and relentlessly posts ITK stuff for clout is posting about it on a public forum.

One of these people is potentially useful to the football club. The other should f**k the f**k off immediately.

Edited by Thumper

7 minutes ago, wuffster said:

You alluded to it with your "follow the same rules" quote. I suppose it is beguiling for ITK types to hint at more than they do actually know - just don't be so defensive when you're caught out.

Jesus wept. Not long ago Mick McCardle was getting it tight for having a laptop. Different strokes I guess

Caught out where ? Guy said discipline and I said no , not ITK more than anyone else on here these are my thoughts , same rules were 100%  effort and he was way off that as most fans said last week , so not just my thoughts 

19 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Mind the time we had no strikers so played Harkins and Forrest up front?

Despite the score, The boyo had a Fantastic day today. His first time at a football game and, of course, he had a million questions 😂

He definitely wants to go back to Somerset and more than anything, see an Ayr goal. We toured Somerset park during the game because he "only has wee legs and can't stand too long" (Despite him dangling from the terracing railing for the majority)so we had to get a seat 😅

He loved seeing the team in real life, singing the songs and the atmosphere. Knows that another day, the score would be better 😊👍

Above all, he loved the Panda 😂 His eyes lit up as soon as he saw him 😂

Overall, I think we have another Honest man in the making and one very proud and happy daddy😊👍

PHOTO_COLLAGE1642879515255.png

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

Mind the time we had no strikers so played Harkins and Forrest up front?

Please don't remind me. The way this season is going it could be the same result at seasons end.

On Forrest & Harkins - I'm pretty sure I thought it might work. Did Forrest not get a hat trick at Dumbarton earlier in that same season?

2 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Despite the score, The boyo had a Fantastic day today. His first time at a football game and, of course, he had a million questions 😂

He definitely wants to go back to Somerset and more than anything, see an Ayr goal. We toured Somerset park during the game because he "only has wee legs and can't stand too long" (Despite him dangling from the terracing railing for the majority)so we had to get a seat 😅

He loved seeing the team in real life, singing the songs and the atmosphere. Knows that another day, the score would be better 😊👍

Above all, he loved the Panda 😂 His eyes lit up as soon as he saw him 😂

Overall, I think we have another Honest man in the making and one very proud and happy daddy😊👍

PHOTO_COLLAGE1642879515255.png

I'm glad the wee man had a great day.

My boy is 5. I actually took him to a game when he was 2 1/2. I'll need to get him coming along. I need to be on my best behaviour as I'm pretty ranty and sweary at the football.