The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Evening Lads, I come in peace 
Now we are both out the SC, should Killie & Ayr be asking for the Derby game to be moved from the 9th to Saturday 12th Feb?
A bigger crowd you'd imagine and I doubt the SPFL would object because of the SC ties considering they allowed the Pars V ICT to be played this afternoon.
What your thoughts, considering at present Ayr are scheduled to play 4 games in 11 days.....
I'm all for it.

3 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Literally. F*cking. Anybody.

Your Dad. Your neighbors dog. A cardboard cut-out of Jeremy Clarkson. The spirit of Stephen hawking. A fart in the wind. A Recently ran over hedgehog.

Literally anything is better than that absolute hindrance and abysmal player. 

^This

I'm starting to hate McGinty as much as the wage thiefs we've had over the years. If Tomi was benched for being huffy or not bigger than the club then why is McGinty still playing? He's utterly useless.

I rarely shout abuse at our own players but I lost it with him in the second half and shouted at him to GTF. He needs to go. I wish Hopkin had gotten another job and signed him off of us. I genuinely fear we will give him a new contract as well. What a fucking riddy that would be.

6 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Now we are both out the SC, should Killie & Ayr be asking for the Derby game to be moved from the 9th to Saturday 12th Feb?

A bigger crowd you'd imagine and I doubt the SPFL would object because of the SC ties considering they allowed the Pars V ICT to be played this afternoon.

What your thoughts, considering at present Ayr are scheduled to play 4 games in 11 days.....

All Ayrshire teams got fucking scudded by a combined total of 12-1 today.

Well done on your team getting the only goal.

P.S. I'd prefer a Saturday game tbh.

Edited by Richey Edwards

On 19/01/2022 at 19:20, Trogdor said:

These DKBs need new material.

Luckily we are provided with more and more every time you play again.

See today means we can jot down another year where Ayr have failed to win a major trophy. Fair play for consistency as I make that 100% of your clubs history now where you’ve failed to have any major success.

McAdams 

Houston    Baird      Muirhead     Reading 

Murdoch   New CM

Gondoh           Maxwell           O’Connor 

Adeloye 

It has to be some variation if this next Saturday IMO. Ideally we will have a centre back in to replace Muirhead (I think) too. 

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

^This

I'm starting to hate McGinty as much as the wage thiefs we've had over the years. If Tomi was benched for being huffy or not bigger than the club then why is McGinty still playing? He's utterly useless.

I rarely shout abuse at our own players but I lost it with him in the second half and shouted at him to GTF. He needs to go. I wish Hopkin had gotten another job and signed him off of us. I genuinely fear we will give him a new contract as well. What a fucking riddy that would be.

772037.jpg

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, he was absolutely terrible,  (I’m assuming Maxwell was injured) but tbf it was an incredibly difficult choice. 

Aye, I'd have given it to Gondoh tbh.

Nothing seemed to come off for Maxwell today. When he doesn't play well neither does the team. He's one of our only creative players. Hopefully if it's an injury he's back next week. Losing him gives me the fear.

Unless we were just throwing that game today then I'm completely puzzled by our line up.

First off, we're utter dross every time we start with 3 Centre Backs and if Muirhead was supposed to be in Midfield then you'd never have known.

I like McKenzie, he puts in a shift but should he and a pretty much washed up Moff be ahead of Adeloye in the pecking order ?

What about Afolabi ? we know he's not been great but the fact he can't even get off a bench when we're bringing on a 17 year old and a near 37 year old is on from the start ahead of him must surely say he's finished with us ??

What about O'Connor ? Yes, he can be inconsistent but he's the one truly dangerous player we have that runs at defenders, wins corners and fouls and basically creates chances, so why can't he get a game apart from an odd 10 mins here or there ??

This isn't down to Bullen as it was the same under Hopkin then Duffy and even White, but there's definitely something far wrong in that dressing room just now. There's no talking on the pitch, they barely even acknowledge one another and they all just look like a bunch of individuals chucked together with nothing in common with one another, that being the exact opposite of our teams under McCall.

Today was just shocking from a viewing perspective and the sad fact is that until we start playing with forward thinking players and having a go then we're just going to be watching dross like today and last week over and over again as we drop like a stone to our League 1 destiny........

10 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Welcome, decent Killie poster.

My thoughts are that I'm struggling to understand why Ayr agreed to moving the game in the first place. 

We have now given your mob the chance to get a new manager, players and the chance to have about 7000 of your unwashed townspeople cheering on your side, and paying ££ into your club.

Unless we we were given an undisclosed financial sweetener to agree to it, why on earth did we?

Perhaps @finlay21 can enlighten us.

26 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Agree but needs to follow same rules as everyone else , no one is bigger than the club 

If he has had some sort of discipline breach as you are suggesting then it's equally as concerning if the manager is still playing him today as being dropped for 70 mins against St Mirren is hardly a punishment that sets a hard line.  Stick Afolabi on instead for a laugh in that case to really prove a point.  

20 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Agree but needs to follow same rules as everyone else , no one is bigger than the club 

I suspect that Adeloye doesn't come out very well from the data produced by the GPS tags that players wear each game and the manager uses as a measure of performance. It's possible that either Adeloye will get less match time or he will start to cover more ground during games to justify his place.

3 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Don't be silly, he's playing two positions! Defensive midfielder and Sean McGinty's position as he's a useless tw*t.

Although McGinty is horrendous, Muirhead failed to put in a challenge at the 2nd goal and his positioning when playing this "in between" role is all away to pot as I honestly don't think he knows what he's meant to be doing.

If Muirhead plays it has to be at CH with Baird because he's utterly horrendous in a Midfield role and apart from being positionally lost, his distribution is horrific and his vision is pretty much zero.

Might explain why Adeloye has had so many clubs if he's as petulant as this week suggests. I like him and considering the formation and the fact I don't think he's a natural number 9 his goal tally is impressive. However, although he is the best forward currently at the club, no player is bigger than the club and if he's genuinely liked that tweet a few pages back then it says more about his fragile ego than anything.

I think the alarm bells were ringing as soon as it was reported we were only looking at 2 or 3 players as it suggested Mathie etc. either didn't understand the many issues this squad has and the challenge faced or that the players fooled him with the Raith performance into thinking Duffy was the only issue. 

1 minute ago, GaryMc93 said:

I think the alarm bells were ringing as soon as it was reported we were only looking at 2 or 3 players as it suggested Mathie etc. either didn't understand the many issues this squad has and the challenge faced or that the players fooled him with the Raith performance into thinking Duffy was the only issue. 

Agree with that, the perverse upside of the last two shoeings is that Mathie etc. cannot believe that to be the case now. We need reinforcements ASAP and they need to be able to hit the ground running. Ideally I'd want a couple of them to have played at this level before.

Surprised Ayr went with 3 at the back as we all know we can't play that way. At least Bullen changed it but they were 2 down by then. Big pointer today was how much Ayr improved with 2 up front but it was also glaringly obvious how little creativity there is in midfield.  McGinty was back to just hoofing it as hard as he could in whichever direction he happened to be facing and needs a spell out just to calm everyone's nerves. 

1 hour ago, the west curve said:

The Ayr directors seem more interested in their pub at the ground than the team. 

They are doing a lot to improve things off the park with the end goal of improving things on the park.

The problem is, they keep making an arse of things on the park. We now have a bigger coaching staff and a whole different model but the same problems remain, tactics and recruitment. We just look slow and unprepared, snatching at bargains rather than strategic purchases. Players get frustrated and are branded problem players.

something is rotten at the core of the club and until it is fixed we are going in one direction. 

Frankly, Tomi can do what he wants for the rest of the season if he contributes similarly as he did during the first half of the season. 

Bad attitude or whatever is irrelevant right now as we can’t (or will hugely struggle to) replace him. Mollycoddle him through until the end of the season in the hope he helps us stay up, and then he can be replaced. 

37 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Bit shit for anyone who has bought a ticket but can’t make the Saturday.  Not to mention the people who bought a ticket for the original game only for it to be moved to suit Kilmarnock.  Moving it for a 3rd time after tickets have been sold seems like taking the piss to me.  

14 minutes ago, Hursty said:

If he has had some sort of discipline breach as you are suggesting then it's equally as concerning if the manager is still playing him today as being dropped for 70 mins against St Mirren is hardly a punishment that sets a hard line.  Stick Afolabi on instead for a laugh in that case to really prove a point.  

I don’t mention discipline breach anywhere in my post ! His work rate against Morton was no where near where it needed to be , and the stats clearly show that