The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t think anyone is saying the manager isn’t good enough... that would be a wild thing to say. 

You don't need to look too far up this thread to see otherwise. 

We'll know where we are by the end of this month. Keep the faith that we can get through the season with our Championship status still intact. 

Yeah our start to the game was poor. Murdoch was outnumbered in midfield but at least Bullen started with a more attacking lineup and I can understand the process in trying to match them with 3 at the back. We are entirely unequipped to play like that though. None of Baird, Muirhead or McGinty are leaders and the communication between the three mainly consists of Muirhead swearing at random players. He can get in the bin tbh. The lack of composure from certain players when they win the ball was horrific and it is the main reason that we struggle so much going forward. Our priority right now is a centre back who isn’t hardwired to Hoppy/Duffy ball and a midfielder although it looks like we’re getting one of them.

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

You don't need to look too far up this thread to see otherwise. 

We'll know where we are by the end of this month. Keep the faith that we can get through the season with our Championship status still intact. 

I said his tactical naivety is worrying, but it is still incredibly early. We will be able to make more of a judgement when he has some capable defenders and central midfielders (hopefully)

Better team won that today, Saints had more energy, more hungry and more organised.

The whole collective back 4 is a mess, we were torn apart at times. 

Whatever people see in Andy Murdoch this season well and truly remains a mystery to me, what does he actually bring to the team??

Gondoh looked good with his work rate and good dribbling, sadly he had very little service.  

7 minutes ago, North British said:

The Liam Craig debacle was on a par with the Toderov debacle in the summer

That seems massively OTT I'd say.  On both fronts

Edit:  agree totally with the rest of your post though so apologies for only quoting that one part. 

Edited by Hursty

9 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Better team won that today, Saints had more energy, more hungry and more organised.

The whole collective back 4 is a mess, we were torn apart at times. 

Whatever people see in Andy Murdoch this season well and truly remains a mystery to me, what does he actually bring to the team??

Gondoh looked good with his work rate and good dribbling, sadly he had very little service.  

I’m not really sure what you are expecting from someone who played the first twenty odd minutes in midfield by himself, and then was alongside someone who isn’t anything close to competent enough to play there. 

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah our start to the game was poor. Murdoch was outnumbered in midfield but at least Bullen started with a more attacking lineup and I can understand the process in trying to match them with 3 at the back. We are entirely unequipped to play like that though. None of Baird, Muirhead or McGinty are leaders and the communication between the three mainly consists of Muirhead swearing at random players. He can get in the bin tbh. The lack of composure from certain players when they win the ball was horrific and it is the main reason that we struggle so much going forward. Our priority right now is a centre back who isn’t hardwired to Hoppy/Duffy ball and a midfielder although it looks like we’re getting one of them.

It was more positive, but there was just absolutely no balance. There isn’t much point setting up to match St Mirren in the middle of the park and then just not playing central midfielders. 

In Bullen’s defence he possibly thought it was better trying that than playing Muirhead or Chalmers - neither of whom are good enough in there. We will get a better handle on this type of stuff once we have players in. Adeloye absolutely has to start though. 

I completely agree with the bottom portion, and said the same today about having a defender actually capable of passing the ball. Our inability on the ball is scary. 

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m not really sure what you are expecting from someone who played the first twenty odd minutes in midfield by himself, and then was alongside someone who isn’t anything close to competent enough to play there. 

Aye Murdoch stick is bizarre.  I've a few pals who are Morton fans and general feedback from them last week was that Andy Murdoch is absolutely wasted at Ayr and they'd have him back in a second.   He'd easily fit in with most teams in this league. 

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Aye Murdoch stick is bizarre.  I've a few pals who are Morton fans and general feedback from them last week was that Andy Murdoch is absolutely wasted at Ayr and they'd have him back in a second.   He'd easily fit in with most teams in this league. 

Yeah - he wasn’t good today (everyone was fucking dreadful) but for Murdoch and Gondoh you could at least mitigate that as they were possibly the only two who looked anything like footballers. 

16 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The bloke isn't in the game now, in the second half I saw him jog back when the back 4 were under pressure as if he was in the London Marathon. When he's on the ball, it's going sideways, he's lost his energy since his injury. 

It's a shame for him but the 18/19 Murdoch is a million miles away, he's simply getting individual basics wrong. 

Seem to keep doing the same things with the personnel and getting the same result. 

To have 2 midfielders at the club for a start is a shambles, but we keep only playing one. We play one up front and have them totally isolated,  we try to play quick passes and counter attack rather than try and retain possession. There is little or no movement from the wide players because they sit so deep. 

We don't have someone to control the midfield and dictate the play, we lump the ball forward and put ourselves under pressure immediately. The defence is pish but we put it under so much pressure because of our style of play. 3 Managers now have done this and it hasn't worked. 

We need at least 2 defenders in and 3 midfielders to turn this around fully and so far we have brought in a winger. If we leave this window with the same defence then we will be bottom of the league by valentines day and relegated by Easter. 

The bloke isn't in the game now, in the second half I saw him jog back when the back 4 were under pressure as if he was in the London Marathon. When he's on the ball, it's going sideways, he's lost his energy since his injury. 
It's a shame for him but the 18/19 Murdoch is a million miles away, he's simply getting individual basics wrong. 

Pish

You’re criticising him because he didn’t run back on one occasion. And his passing consists far more of just going side to side. He’s a defensive midfielder who’s having to play further forward because we lack any sort of supporting midfielder.

As with most players if you drop them into a shite team they won’t play as well as they can. In the 18/19 season he had Kerr or Crawford next to him, Michael Rose behind him and guys like Forrest, Moffat, Shankland and McDaid all around him. Look at the state of the numpties he’s dealing with now. There are an endless amount of players you have a go at. Andy Murdoch is probably last on that list.

That was shite. We were never going to get anything today with that set up. We allowed St Mirren to completely control and put our woeful defence under pressure immediately. Much the same as the Morton game, we were beaten before the game kicked off.

Also for anyone in the stand today. My mate was sitting in there today and text me to say he thought he saw someone new out with the coaches. A wee bald guy he says. I thought it might’ve been Stevie Maguire but he says it wasn’t him.

Just wondered if anyone else noticed him?