The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

23 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Watched the weekly press conference. 

It is a leap forward in terms of what we had before, However, 2 questions I would have liked the answer to, who is available of Saturday and are there any player movements. 

Yeah - pretty much the two staples of a pre match pre conference in January!

22 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Tomorrow is my wee Boys first game at Somerset. After trying on all my old shirts, he asked the question 'When are you taking me to see the football, daddy?'. So we're going tomorrow and I honestly feel so proud in taking him, no matter the score, we're gonna make a day of it and enjoy it.

He's been at Somerset but not during a game. He was very disappointed that 'Somerset Park' didn't have any slides, swings or roundabouts 😂

😊 Rather he was an Ayr fan like his Daddy, than a old firm sheep 🐑.

Here's hoping he has many return trips to see the super in the future.

PHOTO_COLLAGE1642616091244.png

Fully agree mate. Keep it local.

Hope he enjoys it.

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

It will likely be quite tight for kick off, depending on how quickly you find parking as others have said. Definitely doable and you shouldn't be any more than 10 minutes late getting in.

Park at Craigie Park or Racecourse , both a couple of minutes walk to ground 

26 minutes ago, Shug1910 said:

Anybody else seen Tomi’s Instagram recently? Appears to have deleted all his Ayr related posts…

BEBB2C40-6095-4202-B2B4-6BCB374C348F.png

I don’t follow him on instagram, did he have Ayr United things up previously? Very weird if he did and shows everything is maybe not well in the camp. 

3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I will be blaming Callum if he’s off because of the abuse directed towards him

The deletion is a little strange as there was plenty there before, I did see Tomi was watching the stream at the Arbroath game - hopefully Callum et al didn’t do their abuse Tomi act during that game. 

Everything is still on his Twitter, so who knows!

Edited by No_Problemo

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I don’t follow him on instagram, did he have Ayr United things up previously? Very weird if he did and shows everything is maybe not well in the camp. 

Posted pretty much after most games with a picture of him during the game.  Very strange to have deleted them all

21 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I will be blaming Callum if he’s off because of the abuse directed towards him

Probably nothing in it but on that note, it really is pretty unprofessional from us having an official club media outlet so blatantly picking up on and highlighting 'faults' with one individual.  I'd be pretty pissed of if I was him, especially with how fawning and sycophantic they are with regards to just about everything else.

2 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Tomorrow is my wee Boys first game at Somerset. After trying on all my old shirts, he asked the question 'When are you taking me to see the football, daddy?'. So we're going tomorrow and I honestly feel so proud in taking him, no matter the score, we're gonna make a day of it and enjoy it.

He's been at Somerset but not during a game. He was very disappointed that 'Somerset Park' didn't have any slides, swings or roundabouts 😂

😊 Rather he was an Ayr fan like his Daddy, than a old firm sheep 🐑.

Here's hoping he has many return trips to see the super in the future.

PHOTO_COLLAGE1642616091244.png

FanBLOODYtastic!!!!!!!

Hope it's an instant love affair and he can start influencing around the school!

If not I'll pick him up and drop him back off next Saturday if he looks better in blue..........😉

I'm just reflecting here on how the Scottish Cup matches seem to have gone from one of the best, most important and most looked forward to matches of the season to now seemingly being seen as a distraction and a game where you can rest / experiment with players etc.

How did we ever get to this stage ?

Is it money ?, is it the lack of interest / focus feeding through from the media ?, is it the English view of their cups rubbing off on us ??

I honestly don't know and I also can't recall exactly when or how it ended up like this, but irrespective I find it all pretty sad to say the least.