The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Kissed the badge after scoring in his second game for us while on loan from Motherwell. Bring him home. 

Was it not an absolute peach as well? A backheeled volley from a corner type of thing? I’d have took off down Somerset road if I’d scored that.

Edit: Just checked there and it wasn’t nearly as impressive as I remembered it. Just dinks it over the goalie who’s well off his line. My reaction would still have been warranted though.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was it not an absolute peach as well? A backheeled volley from a corner type of thing? I’d have took off down Somerset road if I’d scored that.

yes- along those lines, pretty sure he controlled the ball and trapped it under his studs before he back healed it into the net - I nearly ran down Somerset road tbh. he did well enough in his time here and is an upgrade on mcginty, although I’d be an upgrade on mcginty

2 hours ago, Young Eddie said:

Just caught up with the Jordan Houston interview on B&W TV. First time I've heard the lad speak and he seems a lot more articulate than your average footballer. Seems like a genuine good guy too, so let's hope he can kick on and rediscover his form from his first season at the club. If he can do that it'll be like signing a new player. 

I checked out his stats on Wyscout and he is massively overperforming his first season (where he was garbage) and last season (worse) currently.  So while he might no look it and I still don't rate him, what he's doing right now is good for him. 

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Got Shankand sent off which nearly cost us the league

I mind he tweeted some dumb shite about it later that night while I was having a smoke with McCall at the player if the year night, I showed him it and it vanished within about 15 minutes.  :lol:

I mind he tweeted some dumb shite about it later that night while I was having a smoke with McCall at the player if the year night, I showed him it and it vanished within about 15 minutes.  :lol:

I love how he acted as though he was trying to get Shankland sent off when the big man was very clearly thumped on the head and and no clue what had just happened.

He got absolutely rinsed by Shankland and Moffat the following year in a game against Stenhousemuir as well. We were all cheering him at one point and he was a baw hair away from going losing his head.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I love how he acted as though he was trying to get Shankland sent off when the big man was very clearly thumped on the head and and no clue what had just happened.

He got absolutely rinsed by Shankland and Moffat the following year in a game against Stenhousemuir as well. We were all cheering him at one point and he was a baw hair away from going losing his head.

He's just a big daft idiot and I've got time for that.  He's nae as gid as McGinty though and that's it's own story. 

He's just a big daft idiot and I've got time for that.  He's nae as gid as McGinty though and that's it's own story. 

His tweet that night after the Stinlar game suggested he was bitter about his brief stint here. McCall definitely did not rate him going by what he said at the Gaiety with Graham Spiers although he did slag off about 75% of that squad so he wasn’t exactly alone.

But aye, McGinty might be pish but in his last three seasons Morgyn Neill has finished 9th, 6th and 9th again in League One. He’s utter dug meat.

21 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Out of interest, what’s the issue with getting permission to stream it? We‘ve already announced that we’re streaming our game against Airdrie which is at the same time so why wouldn’t you be allowed?

I’m also 100% certain we’ve already streamed a game in this competition this season.

21 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’m not sure why they’d have an issue with it. There is no televised Scottish cup game at that time.

They allowed the games last year to be televised albeit this was when games were strictly BCD. 

They are deciding on a round by round basis and have tended to announce permission only in the 2 or 3 days before the games each round. Although the fact other clubs had announced their streaming arrangements long before Ayr would suggest either Ayr just hadn't done it or other clubs had jumped the gun. There's no guarantee subsequent rounds will be allowed to stream.

11 hours ago, rb123! said:

When did it change from 3 to 2?

It's always been 2 although 3 was allowed last season as a one off concession since the divisions started at different times.

Hello.

Quick question. Me and my mate are going to Auchinleck for the Hearts game on Saturday.

We'll be in the car but don't know the area very well.

Should we be confident of making it from the Hearts game to Ayr to make a two-game day of it? Barring extra time etc obviously.

I see it's about 15 miles. Not some mental traffic problem I should know about?

Hello.
Quick question. Me and my mate are going to Auchinleck for the Hearts game on Saturday.
Should we be confident of making it from the Hearts game to Ayr to make a two-game day of it? Barring extra time etc obviously.
Big tesco next to the ground but probably best parking at the industrial estate about a 5 minutes walk from the park

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

Hello.

Straightforward drive but parking might be an issue if you're pushed for time as 2000 Paisley buds will be descending on Ayr, more of which will drive than usual due to the train situation.

3 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
7 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:
Hello.

Big tesco next to the ground but probably best parking at the industrial estate about a 5 minutes walk from the park

3 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Straightforward drive but parking might be an issue if you're pushed for time as 2000 Paisley buds will be descending on Ayr, more of which will drive than usual due to the train situation.

Cheers, lads.

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Hello.

No idea what the parking is going to be like on Saturday as the trains between Paisley and Kilwinning are bus replacement services. You'll be pretty tight for time as it take about 25 minutes, would also stick to the A70 (unless others on here know otherwise the A77 is shut at the Monkton roundabout which is causing a fair bit of congestion on the surrounding roads.) You should be able to get a space somewhere around Lochside road then it is about a 2 minute walk to the ground. Saturday was the first time I've ever had an issue parking down there - someone tried my car door and set off the alarm. 

21 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Hello.

It will likely be quite tight for kick off, depending on how quickly you find parking as others have said. Definitely doable and you shouldn't be any more than 10 minutes late getting in.