The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Someone has said it looks like permission might be granted 

I’m not sure why they’d have an issue with it. There is no televised Scottish cup game at that time.

They allowed the games last year to be televised albeit this was when games were strictly BCD. 

25 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Really hoped we would have one or two in the door this week looking unlikely now.

Trying not to be impatient but we do need atleast 3-4 bodies in; and the fact we’re nearly at the end of January and we’ve only signed 1 is a bit concerning.

32 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Trying not to be impatient but we do need atleast 3-4 bodies in; and the fact we’re nearly at the end of January and we’ve only signed 1 is a bit concerning.

Two Midfielders and One striker would be enough I'd reckon. One of those Midfielders would need to be a huge upgrade on what we have and be capable of "running" a game at this level and ideally I'd prefer an experienced striker even if only Scottish League 1 level as back up to what we already have.

While our defence is constantly lambasted, I do think that Muirhead, McGinty, Baird and Fjortoft are more than enough cover for 2 CH positions and unless at least one was going then this would be at the bottom end of my priorities.

Nothing has changed in 2 years, it's the lack of a Midfield which is screwing us and making our defenders and attackers look much worse than they actually are.

Solve the Midfield problems and everything else will fall into place I reckon.

10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If we were making a permanent signing, it is presumably someone that isn't getting a game elsewhere, so you would think we could have done the business before now. 

This makes me think we are only in the market for loan players. 

I mentioned this last week, but don't think the 9 on bench / 5 subs rule of the Premier is going to help out teams at our level too much as regards the loan situation.

Being honest, I think we've pretty much exhausted the known / knowns talent pool north of the border, as such I think the likes of Bullen has to try and use his contacts down South to try and get us someone off everyone else's radar, as we've already seen that we can't compete with the Dunfermline's of this world for the mediocre types up here.

We really do need to be widening the fishing area before casting out the nets to try and capture us that Midfield whopper !!!

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Two Midfielders and One striker would be enough I'd reckon. One of those Midfielders would need to be a huge upgrade on what we have and be capable of "running" a game at this level and ideally I'd prefer an experienced striker even if only Scottish League 1 level as back up to what we already have.

While our defence is constantly lambasted, I do think that Muirhead, McGinty, Baird and Fjortoft are more than enough cover for 2 CH positions and unless at least one was going then this would be at the bottom end of my priorities.

Nothing has changed in 2 years, it's the lack of a Midfield which is screwing us and making our defenders and attackers look much worse than they actually are.

Solve the Midfield problems and everything else will fall into place I reckon.

While I agree Centre Mid is the priority we desperately need a competent centre half. McGinty and Fjortoft have both proven they aren’t good enough for this level and simply can’t be starting games on a regular basis. Moving Muirhead back is an option but I’m not sure it’s the answer. Paul Watson who we have been linked with would be a very dece signing and one I hope we can get over the line.

Also badly need a striker in or Afolabi to start performing (unlikely I know). 

ETA: This is what we require as a bare minimum, there is other positions I think we could do with improving in but this can wait till the summer. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

as we've already seen that we can't compete with the Dunfermline's of this world for the mediocre types up here.

And on that note I saw Yogi quoted the other day saying they had missed out on a few targets they were confident of getting - always the same in January when there's probably half a dozen or so fairly similar ranked teams competing for all the same players. 

12 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

That’s our third signing in lads. Dylan Tait from the Hibees. Kyle Lafferty in talks at Ruggers as we speak (rumour).

Still signing average championship players I see. 

19 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

That’s our third signing in lads. Dylan Tait from the Hibees. Kyle Lafferty in talks at Ruggers as we speak (rumour).

It's a genuine question ; why is your first thought to come and post about this on our thread? Should you not be posting on your own?

Or are we supposed to be jealous of the fact you're in talks to sign Kyle Lafferty? 🤣

McInnes hasn’t been bargain basement shopping for a while, as long as he keeps up the habit of signing good championship players then we’ll still have 4 Ayrshire Derby’s next season, and he’ll have this summer off 

Edited by diegomarahenry