The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 hours ago, rb123! said:

Whats the name of that Burnley striker everyone was going mental over in the summer?

Rob Harker. After the AP said in August we weren't getting anyone on loan, he injured his knee the following week and hasn't played since.

Based on my FM save Lewis Richardson or Michael Mellon would be better options than him anyway.

25 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Rob Harker. After the AP said in August we weren't getting anyone on loan, he injured his knee the following week and hasn't played since.

Based on my FM save Lewis Richardson or Michael Mellon would be better options than him anyway.

Fm doesn’t get it right 100% if the time I mean mark Kerr would have been the best cm in the world if it was

36 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Fm doesn’t get it right 100% if the time I mean mark Kerr would have been the best cm in the world if it was

This is definitely true. In my FM22 Ayr save that is 3 games from the end of league season, Afolabi has scored 22 goals in the championship.

13 hours ago, North British said:

So by the time we play St Mirren on Saturday the transfer window will have been open for just over three weeks,  I had hoped that we would have had most of our dealings completed  by now in order to give the new guys a hit out against St Mirren , before the more serious business of Dunfermline, Accies and QoS come along . Alas we seem to be in a bit of a jam again . 

There's never much happens in the middle of a transfer window, especially when there is a Scottish Cup tie on Saturday where even if loan players were sent out to clubs still in it, they probably wouldn't be allowed to play in it before the window closes. Generally in the January window you get a short burst of signings at the start of it and everything else happening in the last week.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There's never much happens in the middle of a transfer window, especially when there is a Scottish Cup tie on Saturday where even if loan players were sent out to clubs still in it, they probably wouldn't be allowed to play in it before the window closes. Generally in the January window you get a short burst of signings at the start of it and everything else happening in the last week.

Why do we actually have transfer windows anyway ?

I can't remember why they were introduced as we seemed to get on far better before we had them.

7 minutes ago, RedEd said:

They came about after the Bosman ruling.

Yes, I can't remember the reason why though ?

I'm guessing it was something to do with players being on shorter contracts and the clubs not able to hold on to registrations, so instead of daily transfer shenanigans disrupting clubs and unsettling players, it was deemed more beneficial to just have them twice per year ??

12 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, I can't remember the reason why though ?

I'm guessing it was something to do with players being on shorter contracts and the clubs not able to hold on to registrations, so instead of daily transfer shenanigans disrupting clubs and unsettling players, it was deemed more beneficial to just have them twice per year ??

Can't remember exactly, but I think it was a trade-off between UEFA and the court after Bosman won his case, in order to preserve the transfer system.

On 17/01/2022 at 20:49, Finlay21 said:

Midfielder and I name I think everyone will know 

edited 17/01/21

This is now in doubt,  location could be an issue but not yet ruled out 

Latest in this is that it’s another club that have offered him a deal and we are trying to get him to change his mind , location does play a part in it though 

8 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Latest in this is that it’s another club that have offered him a deal and we are trying to get him to change his mind , location does play a part in it though 

I know things have changed as a result of Brexit, however it always puzzled me why we didn't look at the Eastern European market for players, especially when Prestwick had all the direct and regular Polish flights.

I'm pretty sure we could have attracted some real quality within our budget but it doesn't appear like we ever looked at that at all ??

Ironically it seems that it would be easier to get someone to relocate from Europe than it would from the East Coast nowadays !!!