The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Yeah I'm fine with this, actually keep forgetting he is only 21 so hopefully an 18 month deal will be good time frame to see if he is going to make the grade.

He needs to get himself a good pre season and get fit though- has looked basically knackered since the long summer break after the first lockdown!

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

A bit meh on Houston for a year and a half, but he is only 21! He will need to kick on again or shouldn’t be a starter. 

Yes, I'd agree. 

In horsey terms he was a promising 2 year old but doesn't seem to have trained on, I just hope he can rebuild his career as a good handicapper as opposed to ending up in class 6 sellers.....

Not being negative on the Houston signing on, that's good for him, new manager with experience with under 23s might push him on. Isn't that bad a player tbf.

I am a bit 'Meh' with the lack of signings so far though. It's gotten that bad, I'm looking at silly potential signings like Joe Mckee and actually attempting to justify it in my head 😒

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, I'd agree. 

In horsey terms he was a promising 2 year old but doesn't seem to have trained on, I just hope he can rebuild his career as a good handicapper as opposed to ending up in class 6 sellers.....

Football references only please, absolutely miles over my head... 😂

Just now, Trogdor said:

Any news on Bully's backroom team? I still think we need a clean break where the backroom team is concerned. Its frantic at the minute, there is a lot to get done.

The time this is taking is a little strange tbh, has there ever been such a gap between a manager being appointed and a backroom team being put in place...

47 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Possibly true, though Jones had already been on the bench for Middlesbrough's first team (I've still absolutely no idea how we managed to persuade them to send him here, he should have been playing at a much higher level) and Mebude was very highly regarded. Breen less so having spent most of the 1st half of the season sitting on Thistle's bench. They were never the less quality players.

For every Stephen Kelly there's an Afolabi and Bruce Anderson. 

That's the risk of loan signings.

Rarely can you predict how they'll turn out, that you got 3 successes out of 3 in the one January window isn't a blueprint to follow. 

The quality signings spoken about on here I feel is the permanent signing of established Championship players or certainly younger players with upside.

The time this is taking is a little strange tbh, has there ever been such a gap between a manager being appointed and a backroom team being put in place...

I reckon it’s a player coach we’re after and maybe the player is also in demand elsewhere.

Either way I hope we announce some more positive stuff tomorrow. Watson signing or Maxwell staying or something else would be decent.

27 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Not being negative on the Houston signing on, that's good for him, new manager with experience with under 23s might push him on. Isn't that bad a player tbf.

I am a bit 'Meh' with the lack of signings so far though. It's gotten that bad, I'm looking at silly potential signings like Joe Mckee and actually attempting to justify it in my head 😒

I mostly know of McKee because there was an old FM game were he was available for free and had ridiculous set piece abilities. 

21 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

For every Stephen Kelly there's an Afolabi and Bruce Anderson. 

That's the risk of loan signings.

Rarely can you predict how they'll turn out, that you got 3 successes out of 3 in the one January window isn't a blueprint to follow. 

The quality signings spoken about on here I feel is the permanent signing of established Championship players or certainly younger players with upside.

I was talking about Scott McKenna and Kevin Nisbet the other day.

You'd have never guessed from their loan spells with us that within a few years they would be regular members of the Scotland squad - and playing at a major international tournament.

On that evidence alone, I expect Afolabi to be banging them in for an English Championship team in a couple of years.

17 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

mostly know of McKee because there was an old FM game were he was available for free and had ridiculous set piece abilities. 

Yeah, same 😅. Had Chalmers at Left back as well and he was amazing. Won the league no bother 👍 Never lost a game.

Though it's very unlike real life, In real life Chalmers looks out of place and McKee isn't getting approached by premier League sides as a key target 🙄

Good news for Jordan Houston , glad he’s staying for another 18 months . I believe the boy has had a pretty rough time of the pitch , which may have impacted his form recently . Hopefully Bully can get him back on track , the next couple of seasons are crucial for Jordon .. I have a feeling he’ll come out the other side a quality full back .