The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Was there not something mentioned about Baird when he first signed, along the line of he's fine so long as he has someone talking him through the game? (May be confusing him with Sam Roscoe). If correct, it could be a case of he's finally getting proper analysis and being coached in a way that suits him. 

Just now, Hawk89 said:

Was there not something mentioned about Baird when he first signed, along the line of he's fine so long as he has someone talking him through the game? (May be confusing him with Sam Roscoe). If correct, it could be a case of he's finally getting proper analysis and being coached in a way that suits him. 

All the St Mirren fans that I know rated him and liked him as a player. They are all very surprised to hear any criticism of him as thought he'd be a stand out in this league.

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

All the St Mirren fans that I know rated him and liked him as a player. They are all very surprised to hear any criticism of him as thought he'd be a stand out in this league.

I think it’s also good to remember that Baird is still young for a centre half, at 25. There could still be a decent level of improvement there with the right partner alongside him...

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I think it’s also good to remember that Baird is still young for a centre half, at 25. There could still be a decent level of improvement there with the right partner alongside him...

Yes and if we had more possession and more control of matches then he also wouldn't be put under the constant pressure that both He and the rest of our defence have so far this season (and much of last).

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Be interesting to see how many of them scarper next season, especially if we stay up. And how many of them Uncle Ian plucks.

Murdoch and Muirhead are the only ones I can see him being interested in. 

10 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Is Murdoch out of contract at the end of the season?

Yes. I think the only players contracted beyond this season are: McAdams, McAllister, Gondoh and Fraser Bryden. 

ETA: Mark McKenzie too 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Yes. I think the only players contracted beyond this season are: McAdams, McAllister, Gondoh and Fraser Bryden. 

I was sure he had recently signed a new deal, but that must have actually been a while ago. 😂

Time flies when you're watching this Ayr team.

2 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

I don't think any of them could have fitted into the quality signings bracket when they first came in though.

In hindsight they perhaps turned your season round but they definitely fitted into the young / could be anything bracket as opposed to ready made "quality".

Possibly true, though Jones had already been on the bench for Middlesbrough's first team (I've still absolutely no idea how we managed to persuade them to send him here, he should have been playing at a much higher level) and Mebude was very highly regarded. Breen less so having spent most of the 1st half of the season sitting on Thistle's bench. They were never the less quality players.

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Be interesting to see how many of them scarper next season, especially if we stay up. And how many of them Uncle Ian plucks.

All gone preferably.