The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I’m not saying don’t give them time but you’re either willing to relocate or your not. I’m pretty sure that’s one of the questions when you pop your CV on Seek for any other job. If he’s humming and hawing about it that would be a red flag for me, given the hunger shown by those already mentioned. There’s every chance their stalling waiting for a better offer. I’m sure the current recruitment team aren’t sitting on their hands waiting on one guy.

Regardless it sounds like it’s not happening and I’m just a bit deflated like everyone else.

Whoever comes in has a fantastic opportunity to be the bedrock of that team. I feel like that midfield position could unlock the squad and allow us to  play a combination O’Connor Adeloye Gondoh, at least be more positive.

Edited by bazka6

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

You realise that if we didn’t give players time to weigh up their options and just move on every time they don’t jump at the chance to join Ayr then we wouldn’t sign very many players?

Good point. Remember McCall saying that a lot of the good players don't become available until nearer the end of the window. Whilst they will have choices to make this reason probably also covered up a lot of the negotiation going on behind the scenes.  A lot of the time for clubs this size we can ask the question but it doesn't end up coming off. Whilst getting inside info is helpful it can also lead to a bit of frustration with some fans wanting everything done yesterday

8 hours ago, bazka6 said:

I’m not saying don’t give them time but you’re either willing to relocate or your not. I’m pretty sure that’s one of the questions when you pop your CV on Seek for any other job. If he’s humming and hawing about it that would be a red flag for me, given the hunger shown by those already mentioned. There’s every chance their stalling waiting for a better offer. I’m sure the current recruitment team aren’t sitting on their hands waiting on one guy.

Regardless it sounds like it’s not happening and I’m just a bit deflated like everyone else.

Whoever comes in has a fantastic opportunity to be the bedrock of that team. I feel like that midfield position could unlock the squad and allow us to  play a combination O’Connor Adeloye Gondoh, at least be more positive.

Most important bit  of your post is giving time , this rumour only materialised on Friday , 

With under two weeks to go until the transfer window closes we still need 3 players as a bare minimum (CB, CM. ST) we don’t really have time to be waiting on players making a decision on whether to come or not. We should be making them an offer with a strict deadline. If they haven’t accepted offer by that deadline then we withdraw it and move on to another target. 

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

With under two weeks to go until the transfer window closes we still need 3 players as a bare minimum (CB, CM. ST) we don’t really have time to be waiting on players making a decision on whether to come or not. We should be making them an offer with a strict deadline. If they haven’t accepted offer by that deadline then we withdraw it and move on to another target. 

Yes, the worry would be that we're waiting on person or persons and they hold off until last minute and then decide to go elsewhere / stay where they are, that would then potentially leave us screwed which we can ill afford in our current predicament.

Another issue with holding off is that we NEED the players in and ready prior to the Hamilton and Dunfermline matches as these could pretty much define our season and ultimately whether we stay up or go down / play off.