The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:

At a game we were not allowed to attend. Mmmm again WTF? 

Your match ball wasn't sponsored by a mob from the Port by any chance ???

This is turning into a train wreck pretty fast.

It is a shame that the weekend felt like normal service has resumed in alot of ways. It was all the same players doing all the same things we've seen for most of the season, the good work of White and co seemed to have completely vanished. Hopefully it is a case of needing to get it out of the system than rot starting to set back in. I don't think there is any point getting on the backs of these players as it won't make any difference other than making ourselves feel a bit better. They don't seem like a group it would motivate even remotely to try prove us wrong. 

Hopefully our next signing is a set piece taker as Chalmers didn't seem to clear his first man at any point. Gondoh looked incredibly left footed in the warm up at half time, so I was a wee bit worried when he came on playing a sort of free roam position before settling on the right. In fairness to him he wasn't shy on getting stuck in and looks like he is a positive addition from his short cameo. Obviously hard to tell until he has 2 or 3 games under the belt. Agree with the sentiments that we need a playmaker/shadow striker and a ball winner.

Adeloye looks far far too isolated alot of the time and totally agree he needs the ball to his feet, he would absolutely benefit from a partner either up front or sitting in behind. We've built him up on a pedestal which is maybe why people get highly critical of him at times, the reality is like most strikers at this level, he clearly has limitations and if we don't play to his style he won't be able to adapt. 

24 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

This is turning into a train wreck pretty fast.

It is a shame that the weekend felt like normal service has resumed in alot of ways. It was all the same players doing all the same things we've seen for most of the season, the good work of White and co seemed to have completely vanished. Hopefully it is a case of needing to get it out of the system than rot starting to set back in. I don't think there is any point getting on the backs of these players as it won't make any difference other than making ourselves feel a bit better. They don't seem like a group it would motivate even remotely to try prove us wrong. 

Hopefully our next signing is a set piece taker as Chalmers didn't seem to clear his first man at any point. Gondoh looked incredibly left footed in the warm up at half time, so I was a wee bit worried when he came on playing a sort of free roam position before settling on the right. In fairness to him he wasn't shy on getting stuck in and looks like he is a positive addition from his short cameo. Obviously hard to tell until he has 2 or 3 games under the belt. Agree with the sentiments that we need a playmaker/shadow striker and a ball winner.

Adeloye looks far far too isolated alot of the time and totally agree he needs the ball to his feet, he would absolutely benefit from a partner either up front or sitting in behind. We've built him up on a pedestal which is maybe why people get highly critical of him at times, the reality is like most strikers at this level, he clearly has limitations and if we don't play to his style he won't be able to adapt. 

It’s strange - Duffy took over, and immediately looked to be much more positive. It worked and we picked up a couple of wins. Duffy reverted back to a more negative approach and we were then awful again. 

Duffy sacked, and against Raith we immediately play an extra forward thinking player, look far better and win. Against Arbroath we set up more defensively again, and scrape a win as McGinty has his once per season performance. We continue with the negative set up against Morton and are shite. 

It obviously isn’t quite as simple as that, but there is definitely a correlation between these things. Whether it’s normal service resuming, or a stream of managers incapable of setting up positively will be decided over the next few weeks. Assuming that Bullen does become more positive to allow us to find out!

21 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

It is a shame that the weekend felt like normal service has resumed in alot of ways

This was true in the mistakes we made at the back but we didn’t defend deep or concede possession, There was plenty of effort as well. 

Adeloye being isolated for the majority or the game, Maxwell being dreadful on Saturday, McKenzie and Huston not able to get forward. Muirhead being left as the only spare man in the middle meaning he was playing the majority of balls out of defence. 
Morton did their homework on us and stopped us playing. A couple of mistakes opened things up for us but other than that we barely entered their 18 yard box.

We needed a change of shape and didn’t get one till the 90th minute. 

Had Adeloye scored early, Had Maxwell been on it on Saturday and a change of shape after half an hour and we might have came back in to the game. We left it to long to replace Maxwell and try something else. Hopefully this was a bit of Naivety on Bullens part and a one off.
I understand he may want to show loyalty to the players but that loyalty saw Hopkin and Duffy out the door. We need to have players in and some of these uncoachable clowns in the stand ASAP. 

27 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It’s strange - Duffy took over, and immediately looked to be much more positive. It worked and we picked up a couple of wins. Duffy reverted back to a more negative approach and we were then awful again. 

Duffy sacked, and against Raith we immediately play an extra forward thinking player, look far better and win. Against Arbroath we set up more defensively again, and scrape a win as McGinty has his once per season performance. We continue with the negative set up against Morton and are shite. 

It obviously isn’t quite as simple as that, but there is definitely a correlation between these things. Whether it’s normal service resuming, or a stream of managers incapable of setting up positively will be decided over the next few weeks. Assuming that Bullen does become more positive to allow us to find out!

Yes, you're right and I agree it makes little sense.

What I would say is that there was a very strange sort of flat atmosphere on Saturday both in the Stand and on the pitch and I can't really understand why.

The players looked a yard short compared with the previous 2 weeks and I can't really remember a challenge going in until the last 10 mins or so.

We just seemed to go back to this submissive stand offish way of playing and apart from being terrible to watch, just simply doesn't work.

It's not going to be pretty and we are going to have to s**tfest our way to safety with the squad we have, with a bit of luck we stay up and Bullen gets to put his own DNA in the squad next season, but he's not going to be able to bring in enough to drastically change the playing style short term, it's all about survival at the moment.

27 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

It's not going to be pretty and we are going to have to s**tfest our way to safety with the squad we have, with a bit of luck we stay up and Bullen gets to put his own DNA in the squad next season, but he's not going to be able to bring in enough to drastically change the playing style short term, it's all about survival at the moment.

Our squad isn’t capable of shitfesting though - our back four isn’t capable. 

A central midfielder and a striker/numer 10 in, and we are capable of playing attacking, positive football - it’s our best chance too IMO. 

23 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Our squad isn’t capable of shitfesting though - our back four isn’t capable. 

A central midfielder and a striker/numer 10 in, and we are capable of playing attacking, positive football - it’s our best chance too IMO. 

I wouldn’t agree with that. We shitfested our way to victory against Arbroath.

I do think we are in deep trouble though and we really need as many quality additions as we can get in this window. We don’t have the safety net of Alloa this season and no team looks like they are going to be cut adrift. Morton have improved massively under Imrie and deserved to win on Saturday, Dunfermline will spend big to try and get out this mess, Hamilton looked like they were going to pull away however a poor result on Saturday has sucked them back in. QOS on paper look like the weakest side in the league but they were miles ahead of us at Palmerston last month. 

31 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I agree 100%. New central midfielder with Gondoh and O'Connor as wide Attacking midfielders. Murdoch can't do it himself, Hoofball has been proven shite and the cause of many defeats and Chalmers looks incapable of dropping a toothpick into a volcano with his poor set pieces.

New CM, Striker if we can, playing attacking football and sort out the consistent faults at the back (aka stop playing McGinty)

Edited by Roxanne's man

18 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I wouldn’t agree with that. We shitfested our way to victory against Arbroath.

I do think we are in deep trouble though and we really need as many quality additions as we can get in this window. We don’t have the safety net of Alloa this season and no team looks like they are going to be cut adrift. Morton have improved massively under Imrie and deserved to win on Saturday, Dunfermline will spend big to try and get out this mess, Hamilton looked like they were going to pull away however a poor result on Saturday has sucked them back in. QOS on paper look like the weakest side in the league but they were miles ahead of us at Palmerston last month. 

How many times have we tried to shitfest this season and it’s worked though? I think once,  and it coincided with McGinty being fanstatsic! That isn’t happening again...

But yeah, we are in huge trouble. 

I don’t think we shitfested anything against Arbroath. We defended deeper as the game went on but I don’t think that counts as shitfesting. We pressed them throughout and tried to attack on the counter.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think we shitfested anything against Arbroath. We defended deeper as the game went on but I don’t think that counts as shitfesting. We pressed them throughout and tried to attack on the counter.

I thought we played very well against Arbroath. That was probably the best performance of the season.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

But yeah, we are in huge trouble. 

We are in trouble and simply have to strengthen to avoid a relegation battle.

At least not puting a glove on Morton for 70 mins will show Bullen and the board that this team aren't good enough. They've failed 2 managers already. They've had their chance.

We need 3 additions, all of whom need to be starters. Otherwise, this will be as brutal as last season without our Alloa safety net.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

I thought we played very well against Arbroath. That was probably the best performance of the season.

It's not like there is much competition. I'd say the game before was better at home to Raith tbh.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

So does McGinty only play decent against part time teams?