The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

40 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d probably take McInroy or Dorrans (if he is freed) but I think Hallberg is off to St Johnstone and Turner is a regular feature for Thistle.

Ideally we need an experienced midfielder who can drop down to the Championship and stroll about making it look easy for 18 months.

I don't see many that will be available from the top flight and even someone out of contract in the summer like McGeouch will have better offers than we can manage.

If we plan on playing 3 CM's we really need in this window a ball winner and also a playmaker that can chip in with a few goals to take some of the pressure off Adeloye. Ideally one would be an experienced head and the other younger that can provide energy in one of those roles.

Going forward really think we should be lining up something like this, I know O'Connor has been stop start but he really looked like he was coming onto a game before the shoulder injury with Paddy, Maxwell and O'Connor we would have a strong left hand side supporting Tommi, Gondoh looks like he likes to cut in and have a shot so hopefully will pop up with a few goals and assists and hopefully a new Central midfielder who can take the game by the scruff and make some decent passes.baa7d11c2018ce24d8f21e778ac60ba0.jpg

2 hours ago, AuAl said:

McDaid was decent overall I thought. I did find him frustrating sometimes through inconsistency, but tbh that's true of almost every winger at this level. Could do a job in this team.

No need for him when we've got Gondo who on Saturday's cameo looked like an upgrade on Declan, plus of course O'Connor already here and can't get in due to the style.

Central Midfielders we need, not an inconsistent moody winger with a chip on his shoulder.

22 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

No need for him when we've got Gondo who on Saturday's cameo looked like an upgrade on Declan, plus of course O'Connor already here and can't get in due to the style.

Central Midfielders we need, not an inconsistent moody winger with a chip on his shoulder.

An incredibly early shout 

Firstly we need to play players in their best positions 

we need to chase players who do not work hard enough 

tommi yesterday was dreadful workrate was shocking 

I see players wear the gps we should display the results to fans and see what players are putting a shift in at training and games

then maybe some supporters would realise who cares to play for club

We need players on board who know the championship 

morton yesterday we’re organised players in correct positions and played to their strength 

big 11 lead line held the ball up and brought others into game

i wish tommi could do the same ?

8 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Firstly we need to play players in their best positions 

we need to chase players who do not work hard enough 

tommi yesterday was dreadful workrate was shocking 

I see players wear the gps we should display the results to fans and see what players are putting a shift in at training and games

then maybe some supporters would realise who cares to play for club

We need players on board who know the championship 

morton yesterday we’re organised players in correct positions and played to their strength 

big 11 lead line held the ball up and brought others into game

i wish tommi could do the same ?

How about we play to the strengths of the players that we have and sign new players to help compliment the best of those already here. 

Suppose you would want McAdams shot from a cannon for NO CARING due to how low his miles per game would be? 

How about we play to the strengths of the players that we have and sign new players to help compliment the best of those already here. 
Suppose you would want McAdams shot from a cannon for NO CARING due to how low his miles per game would be? 
Got to agree with this how many goals has Adeloy scored due to a punt up the field? he's not a target man and never will be if we play the ball into his feet he's going be 100% more effective than pumping the ball up to him and trying to lay it off to a non existent strike partner.

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Just looking at the fixtures. I see we are at home to Hamilton on 2nd Apr. I'm sure this is Scottish grand national day. Piss poor scheduling 

I think clubs get to ask for dates they don't want to be at home but you only get one of them, we were away for the gold cup.  I'm sure this happens every year that we have to play at home for one of them. 

9 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Just looking at the fixtures. I see we are at home to Hamilton on 2nd Apr. I'm sure this is Scottish grand national day. Piss poor scheduling 

They usually schedule us away for both the big meetings, can only assume due to Covid the racecourse didn't have a date planned yet at that stage in the summer time last year for when the Grand National would be on/if at all this year in April.

Imagine that'll get punted to midweek unfortunately on Police grounds

10 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think clubs get to ask for dates they don't want to be at home but you only get one of them, we were away for the gold cup.  I'm sure this happens every year that we have to play at home for one of them. 

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

They usually schedule us away for both the big meetings, can only assume due to Covid the racecourse didn't have a date planned yet at that stage in the summer time last year for when the Grand National would be on/if at all this year in April.

Imagine that'll get punted to midweek unfortunately on Police grounds

I'm not a racegoer but know a few lads who go to our games who also go to the big events at the racecourse. Definitely think if the game goes ahead on the 2nd that we'd be looking at a sub 1000 crowd at the game. Hamilton dont travel in numbers and a few of our fans would chose the Scottish grand national over a game v a shitty team (rightly or wrongly). A switch to mid week might not be a bad thing in this instance 

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'm not a racegoer but know a few lads who go to our games who also go to the big events at the racecourse. Definitely think if the game goes ahead on the 2nd that we'd be looking at a sub 1000 crowd at the game. Hamilton dont travel in numbers and a few of our fans would chose the Scottish grand national over a game v a shitty team (rightly or wrongly). A switch to mid week might not be a bad thing in this instance 

Changing game to midweek would result in a lower crowd guaranteed, our midweek attendances are traditionally well down on a Saturday , a good majority of fans stay outwith Ayrshire , I would be surprised if more than 50/60 fans who go to every Ayr home matches would give up the game to go to the races instead 

1 hour ago, Mod1967 said:

An incredibly early shout 

I'll admit that it is, but saw enough in his short spell to see that he's got a nice touch, he's quick, he's sharp at playing the wee pass and move and also looked to have a decent strike on him. Over and above that he was getting stuck in so ticked all the boxes for me.