The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McGinty gets stick because he has been at fault for maybe 6 or 7 goals this season and although he wasn’t the only one at fault yesterday he did have a poor game. If we aren’t going to sign a centre half then we have to go with Baird and Muirhead. I don’t particularly rate either of them that highly but it’s the best of a bad bunch.

It's easily double figures. 3 of the 4 away to Thistle were his fault. He's responsible for well more than 6 or 7. I'd say he's at 11 or 12.

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

At the game, it was Tomi that got just about every single bit of stick though! 

Hopefully the lengthy Muirhead experiment at central midfield is now over, and ideally a central midfielder this week and Chalmers as a starter is now over too. 

Yes, heard that myself. There seemed to be 2 or 3 that were on his back irrespective of what he did. Some of the balls played in his direction were shocking to say the least.

It's easily double figures. 3 of the 4 away to Thistle were his fault. He's responsible for well more than 6 or 7. I'd say he's at 11 or 12.

Honestly I’d have to go back and watch highlights to get an accurate number which is something I’m not prepared to do given how much they’d make me sick.

I’ll happily say he had a tremendous game against Arbroath and Raith but IMO our chances of staying up shoot up massively if he doesn’t play. They’d continue to grow if we signed a defender who is half decent but I can’t see that happening unless we shift one.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Muirhead was shite, agreed. Chalmers was also poor apart from the first 15-20 minutes when I thought he was going to have a good game.

McGinty gets stick because he has been at fault for maybe 6 or 7 goals this season and although he wasn’t the only one at fault yesterday he did have a poor game. If we aren’t going to sign a centre half then we have to go with Baird and Muirhead. I don’t particularly rate either of them that highly but it’s the best of a bad bunch.

Wouldn't argue with any of that and agree that if Muirhead plays it needs to be at CH, as shoehorning him in as a holding Midfielder has to stop, as he just doesn't have the quality required to play there.

Just now, WATTOO said:

Yes, heard that myself. There seemed to be 2 or 3 that were on his back irrespective of what he did. Some of the balls played in his direction were shocking to say the least.

Aye, folk screaming at him for not winning balls pinged twenty yards away from him. 

Said it on the other thread, but a narrative has started around him after the AU media comments and plenty seem to be buying into it. It is the most blatantly obvious analysis, that how we set up leads to which Tomi you get. 

It amazes me that there is so many claims about Tomi being lazy when he has literally no service or the quality of play and passing around him is  absolutely shite. What's he supposed to do? He is at this level for a reason. A competent enough striker for where we are, who has proved that he can score goals at the level when he is actually given support. 

4 minutes ago, AuAl said:

It amazes me that there is so many claims about Tomi being lazy when he has literally no service or the quality of play and passing around him is  absolutely shite. What's he supposed to do? He is at this level for a reason. A competent enough striker for where we are, who has proved that he can score goals at the level when he is actually given support. 

He has been absolutely hung out to dry for the vast majority of the season - frankly I’m sick fed up of us playing with one player capable of providing him support and creativity from midfield and I don’t want to ever see such defensive line ups again! I was hoping Bullen would be the end of it, the next couple of weeks will tell us a lot. 

My one criticism of Adeloye is that in the case of yesterday for the first twenty minutes when we’re having a go and trying to make something happen and you can see guys like Reading, Murdoch, Chalmers and Maxwell trying to move the ball quickly but when it gets played to Adeloye he slows it right down. He’ll take one or two more touches than he should and he’ll twist one way and then go another and by that point the other team have had time to get back in position to stop our attack. Sometimes I’d like him to just play it off first time to a player behind him (there was plenty times yesterday in the early stages where he had Maxwell or Murdoch close to him) and then make a run. He seems to want to be the guy to finish off a move with a goal but we can’t afford to have any passengers when we’re trying to build an attack up.

As for the laziness comments there were a few times yesterday where he was being berated by his own team mates to get track back into position at throw ins. Idk whether he’s just unwilling to do that or doesn’t have the intelligence to be where he needs to be at times but it’s not the first time he’s been guilty of it.

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Midfielder and I name I think everyone will know 

Hmm interesting, is it a name we know in terms of an ex player? Or just someone well known in the Scottish game?

Right i'm gonna start the every transfer window tradition and say it's CRAIG SIBBALD

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

My one criticism of Adeloye is that in the case of yesterday for the first twenty minutes when we’re having a go and trying to make something happen and you can see guys like Reading, Murdoch, Chalmers and Maxwell trying to move the ball quickly but when it gets played to Adeloye he slows it right down. He’ll take one or two more touches than he should and he’ll twist one way and then go another and by that point the other team have had time to get back in position to stop our attack. Sometimes I’d like him to just play it off first time to a player behind him (there was plenty times yesterday in the early stages where he had Maxwell or Murdoch close to him) and then make a run. He seems to want to be the guy to finish off a move with a goal but we can’t afford to have any passengers when we’re trying to build an attack up.

As for the laziness comments there were a few times yesterday where he was being berated by his own team mates to get track back into position at throw ins. Idk whether he’s just unwilling to do that or doesn’t have the intelligence to be where he needs to be at times but it’s not the first time he’s been guilty of it.

Sort of agree on the slowing down moves, although I feel with more creativity and support he wouldn't need to drop back as much looking for the ball. If he could rely more on just getting on the end of moves as you say I think he would have a lot more success.

I have noticed the not always tracking back for throws and such but I don't feel that what his biggest critics have a go at him for. They tend to shout and scream whenever he doesn't get on the end of the countless long hoofs up the park. 

4 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Isn’t Sibbald a regular starter for Livi?

Kind of in and out, other possibility could be Connor Malley??

Will need to do a bit of head hunting to see if any other names stand out who could become available

No other ex midfielders from the last few seasons are available if we're looking at it from that point of view for being a well-known name

image.thumb.png.24647b2b9f41a9fb8db2a004a6b61ef9.png

Morton always had an extra man in midfield yesterday allowing them to build they really were well on top in there after the first 15 minutes, the first Houston has to do better to stop the cross and then Dumb andDumber do there usual to who is marking Reilly.

The second great skill from big Ugwu and then gets a run at the defence actually Mcginty gets back and is unlucky not to cut out the cross, Houston is in La la land as usual.

20 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Kind of in and out, other possibility could be Connor Malley??

Will need to do a bit of head hunting to see if any other names stand out who could become available

No other ex midfielders from the last few seasons are available if we're looking at it from that point of view for being a well-known name.

image.thumb.png.24647b2b9f41a9fb8db2a004a6b61ef9.png

Brett McGavin ??