The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Martin Canning was at the game today, he arrived about 5 min in to the game.

it was weird, like seeing an ex girlfriend or someone you ghosted after a night out when he walked up the stand 

The one that got away 

57 minutes ago, rgreig said:

I agree with all of this. I was at the game and the most disappointing thing for me was that Bullen didn't make changes at half time. After a very bright start, we were contained extremely well by Morton and it didn't get any better in the second half. There was very little support for Adeloye but he is not the person to play that lone striker role in my opinion.

I also thought that McKenzie was completely anonymous and I would have replaced him with Moffat at half-time.

Will be interesting to see how Bullen reacts.

I had no idea McKenzie was playing until I read it after the game. I'll blame my eyesight for that one rather than him doing fck all 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I had no idea McKenzie was playing until I read it after the game. I'll blame my eyesight for that one rather than him doing fck all 

He just isn’t ready to play at this level consistently, unfortunately. 

Yes, he has a great work ethic and can do good things and can link up well at times too but he doesn’t have the quality or creativity to do a great deal as an attacking threat. He is basically an upmarket Salkeld, and is a decent option as a squad filler going forward. Moving him into the 9 position was pretty laughable from Bullen today tbh. 

Get McGinty in the fucking sea and please bring in a centre mid. Preferably one that can do a lot of running. Pretty please.

Tbh I'd rather we punted all defenders. Can we? Is there any way? 

Edited by AuAl

I’ll wait till I see the highlights but both goals had the hallmark of Baird switching off 

I’ve no idea what happened with the first but VOR said the cross was deflected which may have caught the defenders out. Second goal was a mixture of Reading having the piss taken out of him by Ugwu and then him being allowed to get a shot off which was diverted in by Reilly. I’m guessing that given it came from the right hand side then McGinty is more at fault there.

1 minute ago, 1nickydevlin said:

We were shite today but Rome wasn't built in a day .some real knicker wetting going on in here tonight .bullen was the best thing since sliced bread last week after a great result . Keep the faith 

No one has really had a go at Bullen. It has been pointed out that his set up/selection this week was wrong, but other than that it's just been the usual complaints about the squad. Wouldn't call it knicker wetting.

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

Are you suuuuuuuuuure?

Are you the same guy who was on this thread a few weeks ago telling us clubs couldn't stream their own games to their fans at the stadium a la Falkirk? How come we're doing this now too? 

I think you'll find it was your own Robbo / Finlay who said that. Though I agreed with him. It wasn't allowed but they relaxed the rules after the 500 limit came in.

And yes, I'm sure.

19 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think you'll find it was your own Robbo / Finlay who said that. Though I agreed with him. It wasn't allowed but they relaxed the rules after the 500 limit came in.

And yes, I'm sure.

The situation changed after enquiries were made , that’s why we could only show the game to season tickets holders and fans had to order a ticket through their season ticket to watch in bar , non season ticket holders were not allowed , Skyline Drifter is correct on this , rule was relaxed when limits were put in

4 hours ago, TheHonestMan85 said:

You're completely missing the point. If they get to attend the match by sponsoring the ball then fine. No problem. But place them in a separate area away from the home support, because home fans should not have to put up with being sworn at and wound up by Away fans in amongst them. It's nothing to do with "greeting cos we lost", it should never have been allowed to happen.

Tbf you should be thankful that people want to pay to sit in your stadium .

On 22/12/2021 at 20:39, Skyline Drifter said:

Suspect it's far more likely nobody's actually checked the small print and realised they can't.

Not to nit-pick (f**k it, I am nit-picking) but you said it couldn't happen :) 

I don't think it was the intention today to play 4/5/1 but it turned into that with Morton playing the 3 at the back so their wingbacks pushed us back into a 5 in midfield. Personally think we should have tried to match their formation. Mind you Baird/McGinty/Fjortoft at the back may have been too much pain to witness...

We were beaten by a basic 3-5-2 system which we did not adapt to and Morton won all the fifty fifty challenges coupled with giving the ball away to them regularly, Tommy scores with the gift it’s a different game as they would have changed there system instead we gave them gifts and they obliged and eased through the game at there own pace.

Really worrying that the coach thinks we have enough defenders if that’s the case and he doesent get a centre half in  we will have a big problem as Mcginty is an imposter.