The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

In Bullen’s interview, I find it a little odd that he doesn’t question why we didn’t create anything - could I be that we basically played with one actual attacking threat? And he was then incredibly easy to nullify. 

I’m hoping privately he knows this. 

OK let's not be catastophising. So we list today and the performance was crap. However what else does Bully have to pay with. He must now be completely aware of the deficiencies in our side. It may be that 2-3 new faces may not be enough to bring the squad up to a decent standard to see out this season. We may need 3-4 at least. Hopefully this will see us over the line and we can move forward in the new season.

We badly need reinforcements. I think we need at least one central midfielder, a central defender & a centre forward. A new spine through the team. We could maybe get away without the central defender and drop Muirhead back there.

Murdoch needs help in the middle of the park. Just as Adeloye needs help at the top end.

Today also showed that some of these players are conditioned to hit it the way they are facing. That's how Hopkin and Duffy brainwashed them and when we're in the mire they revert to type. 

I want McGinty launched into the sea by trebuchet. Please make it happen Bully. 🤞

Edited by Trogdor

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

They weren't.  The match and match ball sponsors are additional to the number cause everyone is just making it up. 

Appreciate you are probably on a deliberate wind up here but thats nonsense. 

Unless they were boardroom guests of one club or the other, or hospitality guests behind glass they count in the 500.

We have had so many of these performances this season, where we play 90 minutes and don’t have a shot at goal. Where the defence have a laps of concentration  (or more than one) and we lose a goal. Unlike other weeks we weren’t gutless or lacked effort and we didn’t sit to deep.

Today we were just shite, Morton Isolated Adeloye and we did nothing to change it, there were times there was a quarter of the pitch between him and the rest of the team. Most of the balls out of defence were played for him to chase and Lithgow read every one of them. We didn’t change anything until the 89th minute.

Morton worked hard and shut everything down, our only joy was down the left with Reading, Strapp kept Huston back all game. Reading got past his man a few times but we only had Adeloye to aim at.

there was no movement off the ball and no out balls. Once O’Conner came on, he was having to pick the ball up in central midfield. The whole structure of the team was wrong, everything was set up badly and nothing was changed. New signings wouldn’t have helped this and hopefully it is a step on a learning curve because that was a really difficult watch today. 

Watched match on the livestream.

After a good 20 minute period in the first half we just fell away completely. Worryingly there was no real change in our play in the 2nd half until the substitutions came on. Adeloye looked isolated, Chalmers seemed to lose the ability to beat the 1st man with a cross and Maxwell looked off it today.  Feel that Adeloye could do with some help as at times he clearly looked forlon and frustrated.  As other posters have said I dread to think where we would be without the goals he's got this season so I'd be reluctant to criticise him too much.

Gondoh looked pacey and up for it when he was subbed on. O' Connor also seemed to give us some attacking threat. Byrden came on too late to make a difference, hopefully he gets more time in future.

Morton looked considerably improved and took their chances well.

I don't envy the job Bullen has ahead of him, you'd be struggling to find any manager in the world who'd get the squad as it stands to find a cosistent rhythm. Hopefully today emphasises to Dave Smith and the club the need for some siginings this month and a major rework in the summer.

9 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Unless they were boardroom guests of one club or the other, or hospitality guests behind glass they count in the 500.

The club request for sponsorship said that it was only for 2 people and no extra tickets could be added due to the restrictions so I imagine what you are saying is true.

2 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Adeloye looked isolated, Chalmers seemed to lose the ability to beat the 1st man with a cross and Maxwell looked off it today

With attacking players, especially wingers, if it isn’t working for them on the day you are as well taking them off.

We all know what Adeloye and Maxwell can do and unfortunately they were miles off it today and things should have been changed before half time.

Bringing on Bryden or Moffat to play beside him would have made sense, even bringing on someone to play wide right and moving McKenzie in to the middle. But we brought on a wide left player to play in the middle, then a wide left player to play wide left and move a wide left player wide right. 

it was a car crash of an afternoon 

1 minute ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Watched match on the livestream.

After a good 20 minute period in the first half we just fell away completely. Worryingly there was no real change in our play in the 2nd half until the substitutions came on. Adeloye looked isolated, Chalmers seemed to lose the ability to beat the 1st man with a cross and Maxwell looked off it today.  Feel that Adeloye could do with some help as at times he clearly looked forlon and frustrated.  As other posters have said I dread to think where we would be without the goals he's got this season so I'd be reluctant to criticise him too much.

Gondoh looked pacey and up for it when he was subbed on. O' Connor also seemed to give us some attacking threat. Byrden came on too late to make a difference, hopefully he gets more time in future.

Morton looked considerably improved and took their chances well.

I don't envy the job Bullen has ahead of him, you'd be struggling to find any manager in the world who'd get the squad as it stands to find a cosistent rhythm. Hopefully today emphasises to Dave Smith and the club the need for some siginings this month and a major rework in the summer.

I agree with all of this. I was at the game and the most disappointing thing for me was that Bullen didn't make changes at half time. After a very bright start, we were contained extremely well by Morton and it didn't get any better in the second half. There was very little support for Adeloye but he is not the person to play that lone striker role in my opinion.

I also thought that McKenzie was completely anonymous and I would have replaced him with Moffat at half-time.

Will be interesting to see how Bullen reacts.

42 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Are you suuuuuuuuuure?

Are you the same guy who was on this thread a few weeks ago telling us clubs couldn't stream their own games to their fans at the stadium a la Falkirk? How come we're doing this now too? 

29 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Bringing on Bryden or Moffat to play beside him would have made sense, even bringing on someone to play wide right and moving McKenzie in to the middle. But we brought on a wide left player to play in the middle, then a wide left player to play wide left and move a wide left player wide right. 

I was also really confused watching the stream and trying to work out where Gondoh was meant to be playing. A bit concerning how that shook out, it's easy to forget that this was Bullen's first REAL match in charge as a full time manager.

5 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

I was also really confused watching the stream and trying to work out where Gondoh was meant to be playing. A bit concerning how that shook out, it's easy to forget that this was Bullen's first REAL match in charge as a full time manager.

He seemed to move out right, where he then looked far better and looked dangerous pretty much every time we got the ball to him. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

He seemed to move out right, where he then looked far better and looked dangerous pretty much every time we got the ball to him. 

Like the sounds of this, could we eek a shite version of the 433 McCall left with if we get a ball winner in for midfield? 

Just now, itzdrk said:

Like the sounds of this, could we eek a shite version of the 433 McCall left with if we get a ball winner in for midfield? 

We would need a Stephen Kelly type too as part of the three central midfielders... or potentially Maxwell could play that role (to a lesser extent, obviously) But yeah, Gondoh showed an ability to get the ball, turn and go by people - either cutting inside or on the outside. 

Either that or the wide players slightly deeper and O’Connor/Moffat as a ten in a 4-2-3-1. 

Anything but that defensive 4-5-1 today! It would just be nice for the opposition to have more than one player to worry about. 

8 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

If someone starts at your work, does well on day one and then on day two, makes a total James Hunt of things, you are well within your rights to tell them, aye, that’s not on around here mate. 
if on day 15 they are still doing it, then it’s an HR issue.

Bullen didn’t pick the team or the set up last week, he couldn’t have done.

I suspect he had a hand this week as well but the subs he made were bizarre and the lack of adapting to what Morton were doing was alarming. It was only  Imrie’s third game at Morton.

Hopefully it made him aware of how much of an overhaul the squad needs and makes him realise that 4 games a season up here breeds familiarity and he needs to be on his toes every week to change things 

We would need a runner from midfield to create stuff like Kelly and we’d also need someone to play like Moffat in the false 9 position.