The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Pish performance. Regressed today after good displays against Raith and Arbroath. Adeloye looks bored as fck out there. Still think QOS will be relegated. Those were "big" wins today for Dunfermline and Morton. 

As for the Morton fans there, cant believe the club didnt do checks on who the sponsors were. Not a good look for us. Them getting moved to another area after being drunk, cheering the goal etc just gives our fans free reign to do what they like and if they're ejected they can just say "aw just move us to another area like you did with the Morton mob. Heard they were in the hub afterwards as well. Can honestly see the hub being more hassle than it's worth at times if away fans are allowed in especially if theyve beaten us. 

If opposing fans of either side are incapable of having a drink in the same pub then they have major issues. 

If someone is incapable of watching an opposing supporter celebrate in front of them, without losing the plot, then they also need to re-evaluate some things! 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If opposing fans of either side are incapable of having a drink in the same pub then they have major issues. 

If someone is incapable of watching an opposing supporter celebrate in front of them, without losing the plot, then they also need to re-evaluate some things! 

In normal times it wouldnt have been an issue, but the fact many season ticket holders, nevermind punters who just pay game by game, couldnt get it, is the scunnering part. Fair enough if they were in their own area today but to lump them in the main stand with us was just asking for trouble. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I agree with this to a certain extent. I’m happy to mingle with oppositions In pubs and that. We do it at the likes of Queens Park and Partick but them celebrating in front of you in the ground when it’s only meant to be home fans and more than half your season ticket holders have missed out Is really hard to swallow. 

5 minutes ago, AlbionSaint said:

Do you think a lot of your fans might stay away now, after today's result? Despite the train service being crap I'm expecting us to travel in big numbers.

There will be folk that haven’t been for a month, the potential of new signings etc so I would think it will be a normal crowd.

Todays performance rather than result might stop folk busting a gut to go.

Well, there's something far wrong then when we're denying our own season ticket holders but letting in opposition "fans" just because the paid an extra couple of pounds each.
If that's the direction we're heading then I'm finished.

Away ye go man.

I was expecting reactionary pish in relation to the result but not about an incident involving drunk Morton fans.

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

In normal times it wouldnt have been an issue, but the fact many season ticket holders, nevermind punters who just pay game by game, couldnt get it, is the scunnering part. Fair enough if they were in their own area today but to lump them in the main stand with us was just asking for trouble. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I agree with this to a certain extent. I’m happy to mingle with oppositions In pubs and that. We do it at the likes of Queens Park and Partick but them celebrating in front of you in the ground when it’s only meant to be home fans and more than half your season ticket holders have missed out Is really hard to swallow. 

Anyone could have sponsored the ball and attended the game though. If someone celebrates I think you just need to take it on the chin, that obviously becomes different if it becomes abusive etc. If we are complaining about people not being able to attend, then the only real complaint is the club not moving the game to Monday night tbh. 

Anyway, it isn’t going to be an issue going forward as hopefully that’s us back to normal!

At the moment all I want is to see Bullen’s team for next Saturday, hoping to f**k that he has learned his lesson!

People might disagree but next week is a free hit as far as I’m concerned as our only focus should be on staying up. Play Adeloye, Moffat and Gondah/O’Connor from the start and see where it takes us. If we can put in a good performance against St Mirren using some of our actual football players then it should tell Bullen that we have the right guys to hurt teams.

Hoping to f**k that we sign at least one actual central midfielder this week. Bomb McGinty out the squad and let Muirhead have a shot alongside Baird

We really can have a storm in a tea cup

Everything is such a bloody drama

I wasnt close to the Morton fans, no idea how out of order they were, but if we can't sell our own sponsorship packages and they've taken advantage of it, fair fucks. If it was me I would personally keep my head down and keep quiet.

Back to the game, Tomi wasnt at the races, Chalmers is a wasted shirt, passes and crosses short. No idea what McKenzie contributed. We need central midfielders big time.

Gondoh looked very handy and could contribute a lot, despite being very one sided. Few of us were worried O'Connor would be raging he wasnt first choice on, but he was flung on shortly afterwards and did well. Bullen has some work to do with this squad

Edited by diege

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

People might disagree but next week is a free hit as far as I’m concerned as our only focus should be on staying up. Play Adeloye, Moffat and Gondah/O’Connor from the start and see where it takes us. If we can put in a good performance against St Mirren using some of our actual football players then it should tell Bullen that we have the right guys to hurt teams.

Hoping to f**k that we sign at least one actual central midfielder this week. Bomb McGinty out the squad and let Muirhead have a shot alongside Baird

I completely agree. 

I don’t want to see us play three defensive central midfielders and barely a single creative player. Lets be positive and actually have players on the pitch who can do some damage when we have the ball. Within this, we can still look to be organised and hit on the counter attack 

Chalmers is a wasted shirt, passes and crosses short.

His crosses were utterly embarrassing. He's a professional footballer and he can't cross the ball past the fist man?

As has been said, Bullen will now have a proper idea after a full week what's needed.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

No game should ever be a free hit for me, we should be competing to win against St Mirren with the fans back next week. We've already played against 1 spl team this season and we should've done enough to win. Our ambition should be preparing to bounce back and beat St mirren next week. 

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’m not going to be overly negative and in a way I’m hoping this result is a blessing in disguise. Mathie and Bullen have said we need to add 2/3 this window hopefully this result shows we need more than that, McGinty, Houston, Chalmers, McKenzie and arguably Adeloye should not be staring games at this level.

Lee Bullen also got the set up of the team wrong. 

I was going to post exactly this. Other than the bit about Tomi.

No game should ever be a free hit for me, we should be competing to win against St Mirren with the fans back next week. We've already played against 1 spl team this season and we should've done enough to win. Our ambition should be preparing to bounce back and beat St mirren next week. 

I’m not telling them to throw the game but if there was one game this season to try something we’ve not done all season and actually play more than 2 forwards then this is it.

10 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I replied to your post so I can only assume by your logic that you were biting?

You responded to a put down to a trolling request because you are to dumb and an attention whore to let it pass you by.

See B yous next season chumps….if you survive the summer

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m not telling them to throw the game but if there was one game this season to try something we’ve not done all season and actually play more than 2 forwards then this is it.

Yes it would be a good idea for Bullen to try something different and learn more about the squad. Hopefully see something that can then be used to get some results over the coming weeks

50 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It wasn't "banter" it was a bunch of drunken dicks looking for bother and who were seriously affecting the enjoyment of quite a few people around them.

We're talking women, elderly etc and not the Somerset young team.

I've seen a couple of pictures to know at least some of the Morton fans who were there, and while 'dicks' is more accurate than you can possibly imagine, I doubt that they were seriously "looking for bother". 

Much more a Tartan Army level of drunken arsehole behaviour, from chumps who only last month were castigating other Morton fans for getting the manager sacked.