The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Really liking the increased output from the club across black and white tv etc. Added to the opening of the hub and the new appointments, quite a lot to get excited about. Hopefully recent form on the pitch can continue today, starting to feel more positive about the club than I have for a long while. I was as critical as anyone last year but I think credit is due for recent decisions. A lot of glaring issues around the club have seemingly been addressed and for the first time in a while there seems to be clear ideas and plans in place. Long may it continue. 

Really liking the increased output from the club across black and white tv etc. Added to the opening of the hub and the new appointments, quite a lot to get excited about. Hopefully recent form on the pitch can continue today, starting to feel more positive about the club than I have for a long while. I was as critical as anyone last year but I think credit is due for recent decisions. A lot of glaring issues around the club have seemingly been addressed and for the first time in a while there seems to be clear ideas and plans in place. Long may it continue. 
Not sure who is responsible for the massive uptick in engagement with fans could be Mathie or the new commercial manager but it's very welcome.

29 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
34 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Not sure who is responsible for the massive uptick in engagement with fans could be Mathie or the new commercial manager but it's very welcome.

Graeme Mathie has been an excellent addition to the team , seems to be the guy who is making all at the club 1 team and not groups of individuals 

Quite a lot of good stuff in that press conference, though it's odd not actually mentioning the upcoming game at all (and ffs I will send the club a microphone myself if the interviewers keep yelling questions from behind a camera). Interesting to hear that Bullen has cut training sessions back in favour of making them more focussed and not just an exercise regime.

On 03/01/2022 at 13:29, D'Jaffo said:

Would rather we took our time and appointed the right person rather than just appoint the first jobber that showed an interest i.e Dougie Imrie.

Would rather have the 'shree points that our 'jobber' manager effortlessly secured against your rabble today. 

greggy.png.f5fc42fb214fc88c1833fad45fb31781.png

Not the best game I've watched but let's be honest, we've new management and things will take time to click. I'm hoping Everything clicks under Bully and it's great that Bryden came on again, the manager must have faith in him.

Gondoh looked okay I guess. Though we most definitely need a new striker. One that can score goals and create.

The trend that seems to be forming is we're putting up decent performances and getting results against the top half but getting shat on most weeks by the teams round about us.

Didn't watch the game so can't really comment however going by what i've heard that performance and result, coupled with most winning behind us, feels like a massive setback we've just suffered today. 

Think today shows we need anther striker, when Adeloye has an off day we're fecked...

That was fucking shite, up there with the worst of Hopkin and Duffy.

Once Morton scored, we fell apart, Adeloye was a waste of a jersey, Maxwell could have come off after 20 minutes. Muirhead was playing as a midfield linchpin and looked every bit a centre half playing in midfield.

we were so bad it actually made me angry.

the worst part about it and also the most worrying part was the lack of change, we needed 2 up front and Bullen took Chalmers off and put a winger in the middle of the park.

O’Conner the. Came on for Adeloye meaning we put McKenzie up front in his own, not fixing the problem. 
He finally takes Maxwell of for a second forward in the final minute. 

Absolutely dreadful set up and performance. 

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

The trend that seems to be forming is we're putting up decent performances and getting results against the top half but getting shat on most weeks by the teams round about us.

Didn't watch the game so can't really comment however going by what i've heard that performance and result, coupled with most winning behind us, feels like a massive setback we've just suffered today. 

Think today shows we need anther striker, when Adeloye has an off day we're fecked...

Adeloye has an off day every single time we set up like we did today, it isn’t him as much as the set up. 

Bullen made the same mistakes the previous two did today, I’m confident he has the ability to learn from them though!

I’m not going to be overly negative and in a way I’m hoping this result is a blessing in disguise. Mathie and Bullen have said we need to add 2/3 this window hopefully this result shows we need more than that, McGinty, Houston, Chalmers, McKenzie and arguably Adeloye should not be staring games at this level.

Lee Bullen also got the set up of the team wrong. 

Really have no idea what we're in for rest of the season. Should be a wild ride anyway. Unlike his previous two predecessors I think I've seen enough of what Bullen is about that he can effect some meaningful change instead of just carrying on with a hapless trend like the other two, today not withstanding. If not we're proper fucked.

Aye I’m not worried right now. Bullen got it wrong today in terms of the personal on the park. I don’t think McKenzie and Maxwell were poor as such but they are not players that are going to get that final ball right to create a chance on goal. It’s okay playing them against better teams where they’ll have more room on the counter but Morton sat in for the first 15 mins or so and soaked up everything we threw at them before grabbing a goal themselves.

I think the thing that will frustrate the manager the most is how quickly we reverted to Hopkin/Duffy tactics of playing long balls. We know that that’s not been instructed by Bullen going by his comments last week so it’s clearly something that is ingrained in like likes of Houston, McGinty etc that when they start to chase a game they need to bypass the midfield. Gondoh came on and was pretty decent at carrying it forward and I think he’ll be okay but we still need 2-3 more new faces for us to improve.